Reload this Page >

Successful AOS interview -- San Francisco

Successful AOS interview -- San Francisco

Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

vivsavage955 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Successful AOS interview -- San Francisco

Hi:

Our AOS interview concluded successfully this morning at the San Francisco USCIS office. Here's a quick synopsis of what happened:

We arrived about 30 minutes prior to our scheduled interview time and proceeded to a room on the second floor of the office. This is the residency/naturalization adjudication section, from what I could tell. The waiting room is massive, and there were already dozens of people waiting in designated sections to be called into interview rooms.

Right about the time scheduled, we heard my wife's name called and we were shown to a room where she had a fingerprint taken. We then sat down in the officer's office and he opened our file. It was interesting for us to finally see our actual USCIS file opened on his desk.

He asked us for a few things: her soon-to-be-expired AP, her latest I-94, and both of our passports. We brought a mountain of evidence/paperwork with us, and we had taken the time to organize and tabulate everything for quick reference, but at this point he wanted to see none of it.

He asked us how we had met, when we had been married, and the nature of our overseas trip two months ago. We answered briefly and then showed him the photos from our wedding, as well as photos of both of our families together at our reception. After he saw the photos, he didn't ask any more questions.

After checking on our current address and verifying the information he had on file (birth dates, names of parents, etc.), he started stamping various forms. One of the stamps was simply today's date and another said something that was upside down and so small that I could not read it.

After about five minutes, he said, "Your case is approved." We were rather surprised, since the interview portion had consisted of about three questions and had lasted all of ten minutes. He took my wife's I-94, AP, and EAD cards and told her she didn't need them anymore. He opened her passport to a blank page and carefully stamped the I-551, endorsing it valid for one year. He told us that the actual card will arrive in the mail in roughly three months, and then reminded us of the need to file the I-751 to remove conditions 90 days prior to the two-year anniversary of today's date.

We were in and out in literally 10 minutes and we never had a single tense moment. Ultimately, he only took her AP/EAD/I-94 and copies of our photos (I had digital pictures which I formatted onto a piece of paper, and he hole-punched it and added it to our file).

All in all, a painless experience. Our extreme preparedness actually made the interview feel anticlimactic, and we left with nearly the same mountain of paperwork we had brought with us.

Best of luck to those of you awaiting your AOS interviews, particularly those on this board who are processing at the San Francisco office.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Successful AOS interview -- San Francisco

Originally Posted by vivsavage955
Hi:

Our AOS interview concluded successfully this morning at the San Francisco USCIS office. Here's a quick synopsis of what happened:

We arrived about 30 minutes prior to our scheduled interview time and proceeded to a room on the second floor of the office. This is the residency/naturalization adjudication section, from what I could tell. The waiting room is massive, and there were already dozens of people waiting in designated sections to be called into interview rooms.

Right about the time scheduled, we heard my wife's name called and we were shown to a room where she had a fingerprint taken. We then sat down in the officer's office and he opened our file. It was interesting for us to finally see our actual USCIS file opened on his desk.

He asked us for a few things: her soon-to-be-expired AP, her latest I-94, and both of our passports. We brought a mountain of evidence/paperwork with us, and we had taken the time to organize and tabulate everything for quick reference, but at this point he wanted to see none of it.

He asked us how we had met, when we had been married, and the nature of our overseas trip two months ago. We answered briefly and then showed him the photos from our wedding, as well as photos of both of our families together at our reception. After he saw the photos, he didn't ask any more questions.

After checking on our current address and verifying the information he had on file (birth dates, names of parents, etc.), he started stamping various forms. One of the stamps was simply today's date and another said something that was upside down and so small that I could not read it.

After about five minutes, he said, "Your case is approved." We were rather surprised, since the interview portion had consisted of about three questions and had lasted all of ten minutes. He took my wife's I-94, AP, and EAD cards and told her she didn't need them anymore. He opened her passport to a blank page and carefully stamped the I-551, endorsing it valid for one year. He told us that the actual card will arrive in the mail in roughly three months, and then reminded us of the need to file the I-751 to remove conditions 90 days prior to the two-year anniversary of today's date.

We were in and out in literally 10 minutes and we never had a single tense moment. Ultimately, he only took her AP/EAD/I-94 and copies of our photos (I had digital pictures which I formatted onto a piece of paper, and he hole-punched it and added it to our file).

All in all, a painless experience. Our extreme preparedness actually made the interview feel anticlimactic, and we left with nearly the same mountain of paperwork we had brought with us.

Best of luck to those of you awaiting your AOS interviews, particularly those on this board who are processing at the San Francisco office.
Wow, talk about a painless experience. Congratulations.

Sphy
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:09 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Hi:

WOW, very cool and you actually got the stamp in your passport. I am also filing through SF and I am very doubtful on getting the actual stamp on the same day as the interview, our interview is a little less than a month away (Jan 13th). We filed mid August.

Best of luck in the future.
Patrick
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

vivsavage955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
WOW, very cool and you actually got the stamp in your passport. I am also filing through SF and I am very doubtful on getting the actual stamp on the same day as the interview, our interview is a little less than a month away (Jan 13th). We filed mid August.
We had one delay in our interview, as the originally scheduled one coincided with our overseas wedding banquet. We successfully rescheduled, but it did push back our interview date by about seven weeks. Perhaps the delay had an unintentional byproduct of allowing the background checks to clear in time, but the adjudicating officer didn't hesitate for a second in giving the stamp. The stamp, by the way, looks very "un-official" and rather ordinary...not even as impressive as the entry/exit stamps I usually see in other countries.

One piece of advice which I was given, and I will now pass on to you: if it turns out that you do not get the stamp at the conclusion of the interview, be sure to either make note of the adjudicating officer's name or, even better, get a business card. That way, you'll be able to at least follow up with someone familiar with you in case there is any sort of delay in getting the background checks finished and your stamp done. It really helps to be able to send an inquiry letter to a specific person than to let the mailroom at the district office try to figure out where to direct it.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:41 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inquisitive40

Best of luck in the future.
Patrick
Patrick:

In SF it goes many ways. Some DAO's are cool and some are the "DAO from Hell."

Actually, the difference between the two is not all that much -- it is the individual POV and sometimes "office cultural" POV -- the best POV is "Is this case approvable" while the worst "What is wrong with this application?".
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:54 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Patrick:

Actually, the difference between the two is not all that much -- it is the individual POV and sometimes "office cultural" POV -- the best POV is "Is this case approvable" while the worst "What is wrong with this application?".
Well hopefully approval will not be the issue, more so the actual stamp being delayed due to unfinished background checks.

Maybe we should be more wary of being approved??

Patrick
Old Dec 15th 2004, 6:40 am
Lance99

lance99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Wow... congrats! We had our interview almost two months ago, and we're still waiting for the background check. Of course, it looks like you filed and had fingerprints done before us. Either way, I think it's time to follow up.

Best of luck to you and your spouse and again - congratulations!

Lance
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Patrick:

Imagine if Patrick got the "DAO from Hell". Would we then say that the "Client from Hell" got the "DAO from Hell". The real question is, would they cancel each other out? <no offence intended Patrick>

Sphy
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
Imagine if Patrick got the "DAO from Hell". Would we then say that the "Client from Hell" got the "DAO from Hell". The real question is, would they cancel each other out? <no offence intended Patrick>

Sphy
Hi:

Patrick is no longer a "client from Hell." He is now a DIY'er.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:
Patrick is no longer a "client from Hell." He is now a DIY'er.
Oh God No !!!! are we going to have multi dramas as the days approach
PLEASE... somebody decide on his wardrobe for the day now....
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:59 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should be more wary of being approved??

Patrick
you getting nervous Patrick?
Old Dec 15th 2004, 7:45 pm
Jg

Congratulations!!!
We had a similar, very painless interview in Charlotte last week. I received
a congratulations letter from Homeland Security on Monday welcoming me to be
a permanent resident of United States of America and that I should get my GC
in 3 weeks. Not sure if the time to receive the card depend on what service
center you are with or if you are on a conditional GC or permanent resident.

Congratulations again!!

Jaana and Jim

"vivsavage955" <member5328@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Hi:
    > Our AOS interview concluded successfully this morning at the San
    > Francisco USCIS office. Here's a quick synopsis of what happened:
    > We arrived about 30 minutes prior to our scheduled interview time and
    > proceeded to a room on the second floor of the office. This is the
    > residency/naturalization adjudication section, from what I could tell.
    > The waiting room is massive, and there were already dozens of people
    > waiting in designated sections to be called into interview rooms.
    > Right about the time scheduled, we heard my wife's name called and we
    > were shown to a room where she had a fingerprint taken. We then sat down
    > in the officer's office and he opened our file. It was interesting for
    > us to finally see our actual USCIS file opened on his desk.
    > He asked us for a few things: her soon-to-be-expired AP, her latest I-
    > 94, and both of our passports. We brought a mountain of
    > evidence/paperwork with us, and we had taken the time to organize and
    > tabulate everything for quick reference, but at this point he wanted to
    > see none of it.
    > He asked us how we had met, when we had been married, and the nature of
    > our overseas trip two months ago. We answered briefly and then showed
    > him the photos from our wedding, as well as photos of both of our
    > families together at our reception. After he saw the photos, he didn't
    > ask any more questions.
    > After checking on our current address and verifying the information
    > he had on file (birth dates, names of parents, etc.), he started
    > stamping various forms. One of the stamps was simply today's date and
    > another said something that was upside down and so small that I could
    > not read it.
    > After about five minutes, he said, "Your case is approved." We were
    > rather surprised, since the interview portion had consisted of about
    > three questions and had lasted all of ten minutes. He took my wife's I-
    > 94, AP, and EAD cards and told her she didn't need them anymore. He
    > opened her passport to a blank page and carefully stamped the I-551,
    > endorsing it valid for one year. He told us that the actual card will
    > arrive in the mail in roughly three months, and then reminded us of the
    > need to file the I-751 to remove conditions 90 days prior to the two-
    > year anniversary of today's date.
    > We were in and out in literally 10 minutes and we never had a single
    > tense moment. Ultimately, he only took her AP/EAD/I-94 and copies of our
    > photos (I had digital pictures which I formatted onto a piece of paper,
    > and he hole-punched it and added it to our file).
    > All in all, a painless experience. Our extreme preparedness actually
    > made the interview feel anticlimactic, and we left with nearly the same
    > mountain of paperwork we had brought with us.
    > Best of luck to those of you awaiting your AOS interviews, particularly
    > those on this board who are processing at the San Francisco office.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com