Wikiposts

success story

Old Mar 5th 2003, 5:20 am
Just Joined

dowjones20k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default success story

I first viewed this newsgroup 2 days ago. Looking at the processing times through NSC, I've been in a blind panic, but have also enjoyed feeling good for those of us getting approved.

Thanks to the knowledge of the group, with an emphasis on Rete's willingness to point something out for me, my fiancee and I will wed just as soon as we want to.

My NOA1 was 1/22/03.

Guess what though? I've been in the US 3 years as a student (engaged since '01) and didn't even need the damn papers. Was oblivious to adjustment of status. This is probably my 10th post ever and we're already cleared to marry.

Following a fantastic suggestion, Danielle and I are looking to run to a courthouse ASAP and then have what we'll consider our proper (i.e. actually involving some planning) wedding this summer.

Anyone reading this who's already legally in the US on a non-immigrant, make sure you look into AOS if, like me, you weren't even aware of it. Chances are you could get married then simply adjust. The form even says they'll turn a blind eye if you overstay a visa or work illegally for anything under 180 days, as long as you're applying as a spouse.

Cool. Dogs bollocks in fact.

Matt (uk) / Danielle (WI)
Arsenal / GB Packers
Old Mar 5th 2003, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

soleil is an unknown quantity at this point

It's nice to hear a happy ending...finally!

good luck!
- Sunny
Old Mar 5th 2003, 7:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: success story

You are in Wisconsin and therefore must file by mail at the Milwaukee Field Office for BCIS. You don't get to choose where you can file ;-(

Rete

Originally posted by dowjones20k
I first viewed this newsgroup 2 days ago. Looking at the processing times through NSC, I've been in a blind panic, but have also enjoyed feeling good for those of us getting approved.

Thanks to the knowledge of the group, with an emphasis on Rete's willingness to point something out for me, my fiancee and I will wed just as soon as we want to.

My NOA1 was 1/22/03.

Guess what though? I've been in the US 3 years as a student (engaged since '01) and didn't even need the damn papers. Was oblivious to adjustment of status. This is probably my 10th post ever and we're already cleared to marry.

Following a fantastic suggestion, Danielle and I are looking to run to a courthouse ASAP and then have what we'll consider our proper (i.e. actually involving some planning) wedding this summer.

Anyone reading this who's already legally in the US on a non-immigrant, make sure you look into AOS if, like me, you weren't even aware of it. Chances are you could get married then simply adjust. The form even says they'll turn a blind eye if you overstay a visa or work illegally for anything under 180 days, as long as you're applying as a spouse.

Arsenal / GB Packers
Old Mar 5th 2003, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Why Milwaukee?

The NSC took more than 90 (think it was 90) days to respond to my EAD application for my current work authorization, so I headed to St Paul, MN and was given a 3 month temp right away.

St Paul is 90 mins drive, while Milwaukee is 5hrs. The lady I spoke to using the 1-800# told me to go there because it was closer.

Once there and standing in numerous long lines, I spoke to a whole bunch of people from Wisconsin processing various applications in person.

Matt
Old Mar 5th 2003, 10:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just going by the official BCIS website which states you file in the suboffice of Chicago which for you is Milwaukee, WI. BTW you can't file there in person apparently. It is to be mailed. But if you have the time by all means give St. Paul a try.

Rete

Why Milwaukee?

The NSC took more than 90 (think it was 90) days to respond to my EAD application for my current work authorization, so I headed to St Paul, MN and was given a 3 month temp right away.

St Paul is 90 mins drive, while Milwaukee is 5hrs. The lady I spoke to using the 1-800# told me to go there because it was closer.

Once there and standing in numerous long lines, I spoke to a whole bunch of people from Wisconsin processing various applications in person.

Matt
Old Mar 5th 2003, 1:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: success story

My NOA1 was 1/22/03.

Arsenal / GB Packers
Great news, DJ20K (don't I wish your nick were true...)

I just sent you & Danielle a PM reply. Happy wedding!
Old Mar 5th 2003, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

I phoned the 1-800# to get info on St Paul.

The prerecorded message says that they serve my county in Wisconsin, will process 485s in person and issue EADs same day.

My mother couldn't believe my luck when I called her today and explained all that could be happening soon. She was in such disbelief that she went as far as to call the embassy in London for confirmation...

Interestingly, London told her that I would need to return there to have an interview. Judging by all I've seen, I'm going to disregard it and try and get hold of an operator for final confirmation. I'll assume that when mum called, she didn't explain herself properly.

Matt