British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Submitted expedited EAD request (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/submitted-expedited-ead-request-900723/)

BigBoss1984 Jul 27th 2017 7:45 pm

Submitted expedited EAD request

Hey guys,

Just wanted to make a note here that I've expedited my EAD production.

My situation is that my UK company is setting up a US branch that I'm heading up, however until all of my papers come through all I'm doing presently is talking to people, setting up connections and gauging interest in our work from other companies. Until the EAD comes through I can't really go any further. Presently we've been talking to several big companies in North America, and to proceed further we need to speed up the EAD so that I can start employment for the US branch. Unfortunately the contracts that we may potentially get for one in particular is time critical.

Anyone got any experience doing this?

BenK91 Jul 27th 2017 7:59 pm

Re: Submitted expedited EAD request

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984 (Post 12304411)
Hey guys,

Just wanted to make a note here that I've expedited my EAD production.

My situation is that my UK company is setting up a US branch that I'm heading up, however until all of my papers come through all I'm doing presently is talking to people, setting up connections and gauging interest in our work from other companies. Until the EAD comes through I can't really go any further. Presently we've been talking to several big companies in North America, and to proceed further we need to speed up the EAD so that I can start employment for the US branch. Unfortunately the contracts that we may potentially get for one in particular is time critical.

Anyone got any experience doing this?

I believe Tom169 did?

I'm sure he'll chime in shortly with some useful info :)

Edit - link to his thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...cation-892309/

tom169 Jul 27th 2017 8:34 pm

I recommend getting in touch with your local Congress person. The USCIS have a phone number only for them so they can get right into the system.

Make sure you have a job offer on letterhead paper. Ensure it shows your name, job title and salary.

BigBoss1984 Jul 27th 2017 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12304498)
The link to Tom's post was given to you yesterday in your other post.

Glad to see that you employment issue has been corrected from what you told us yesterday. So hopefully you can stop starving come next payday :rofl:

What post?

My last post was about Selective Service, and the one before that was about Biometrics?

Rete Jul 27th 2017 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984 (Post 12304500)
What post?

My last post was about Selective Service, and the one before that was about Biometrics?

BigBoss my sincere apologies. I got your EAD problem confused with another poster, CoachMB, who posted yesterday about his EAD is in its 104th day of waiting.

I will go and hide under the bed for now.

BigBoss1984 Jul 27th 2017 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12304502)
BigBoss my sincere apologies. I got your EAD problem confused with another poster, CoachMB, who posted yesterday about his EAD is in its 104th day of waiting.

I will go and hide under the bed for now.

Haha it's all good - I was confused for a second! Scouring my post history :lol:

notaclue Jul 28th 2017 2:57 pm

I did it, it worked.

BigBoss1984 Jul 28th 2017 2:58 pm

Got a notification this morning saying the following;

On July 28, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, was completed.

Any idea what this means?

Rete Jul 28th 2017 3:04 pm

Good things I hope :thumbsup:

BigBoss1984 Jul 28th 2017 3:06 pm

Decided to give them a call - they want my biometrics first. I'm out of state at the minute and back next week so I'm pretty sure the biometrics letter will be there. It should have been sent out last week according to a Tier 2 IO at USCIS. So I'll do a walk in biometrics appointment upon my return then try again with the expedite.

Jack8602 Jul 28th 2017 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984 (Post 12304908)
Got a notification this morning saying the following;

On July 28, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, was completed.

Any idea what this means?

Out of curiosity - how did you go about this, same method as Tom?

BigBoss1984 Jul 28th 2017 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jack8602 (Post 12304940)
Out of curiosity - how did you go about this, same method as Tom?

I just called the USCIS customer service number, said I wanted to expedite my EAD - the guy took my details, asked me under what category I would like to expedite (I chose loss of finances to company or person) - and that was it.

Jack8602 Jul 28th 2017 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984 (Post 12304943)
I just called the USCIS customer service number, said I wanted to expedite my EAD - the guy took my details, asked me under what category I would like to expedite (I chose loss of finances to company or person) - and that was it.

Good to know, thanks!

Rete Jul 28th 2017 7:56 pm

So it would appear that they were finally getting around to your original EAD petition but your request to expedite caught them at that very moment.

Here's hoping that after biometrics you are fast tracked rather than put back into the normal queue.

BigBoss1984 Jul 31st 2017 1:22 pm

Gonna attempt a biometrics walk in today, wonder what will happen after that with the EAD expedite?

tom169 Jul 31st 2017 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984 (Post 12306197)
Gonna attempt a biometrics walk in today, wonder what will happen after that with the EAD expedite?

You may need to resubmit the request.

BigBoss1984 Jul 31st 2017 3:54 pm

Walk in successful! Should I re-submit the request today or wait a little until they've had time to process?

tom169 Aug 1st 2017 2:04 am

I would phone the misinformation line and inquire

BigBoss1984 Aug 2nd 2017 1:22 pm

Alright as an update to this, they've re-assigned the expedite now that the biometrics are done. Will keep everyone updated.

tom169 Aug 2nd 2017 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984 (Post 12307650)
Alright as an update to this, they've re-assigned the expedite now that the biometrics are done. Will keep everyone updated.

Keep an eye on your email. That's how they sent me any follow up instructions. I believe it was from a DHS email account.

BigBoss1984 Aug 2nd 2017 1:25 pm

Will do! Thanks Tom!

Jack8602 Aug 2nd 2017 2:21 pm

Hope it goes through for you!

My 75 days are up on Saturday, so i'll be following up with them if i have nothing by then

tom169 Aug 2nd 2017 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jack8602 (Post 12307727)
Hope it goes through for you!

My 75 days are up on Saturday, so i'll be following up with them if i have nothing by then

Unfortunately the 75 day window went out of the window some time ago. The trend for un-expedited applications is trending towards 100 days.

Jack8602 Aug 2nd 2017 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by tom169 (Post 12307751)
Unfortunately the 75 day window went out of the window some time ago. The trend for un-expedited applications is trending towards 100 days.

Interesting.

I'm going to the UK on the 22nd for 12 days, as it stands I'm still good on my L1 visa which i can use.

My worry is that the company sale goes through whilst I'm in the UK, and i haven't got the advance parole document back before i travel. By all accounts the ink gets signed on October 1st making the sale official, which makes sense as it's the end of Q3 - but you never know.

I realise it's a very small window, and is on the assumption that my HR dept immediately inform the attorneys & USCIS should a contract be signed, but i like to be prepared for all eventualities.