Wikiposts

Stress of the wait!

Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

sunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the rough
Default Stress of the wait!

Now I see why people complain and put down long distance relationships so much! It truly does get stressful not being together. I have not seen my fiance' since May now.....we filed in January for K1.....oh the waiting it sure is getting to us both at times.

One thing the wedding planning does help ease my stress a bit (or cause more?! haha)....is there anyway he can be eased as well? I feel so horrid for him seeing how he is pretty much skint due to only working 3 hours a day now and all his belongings are here with me!

Thanks for continued support. Gosh I hope we hear something by April!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stress of the wait!

Have you both got access to the internet and a webcam? I know it isn't much, but talking face to face can sometimes ease the stress a little. Make a point of going on webcam together and make communication an important part of your relationship. Send each other little things in the mail out of the blue as a surprise, or send each other photos.
Keep sight of the goal and try not to stress too much, I know it is a hard journey but the journey is half the fun if you are willing to see it that way
These are just things that we used to do, and it did take at least some of the stress away.
Good luck!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sunny,

My fiance and I didn't see each other for 14 months while we waited for his K-1 visa interview. I think what kept us sane is just sort of pretending we weren't doing anything about immigration...just living our daily lives as we had before we started the journey. We both kept busy with work, family, friends, the usual. Whenever some immigration paperwork would get done or get approved, we'd jump for joy and be all excited for a week or so, then we'd settle down again to the routine until the next event. The 14 months went quicker than we thought it would.

Rene
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

sunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks ladies. We do chat on the computer every day and night. We use mics and cams too at times when they want to cooperate. Funny though I almost think we chat too much so then we run out of things to say except to moan on about how we want to be together and not be on computers LOL! I know we should be thankful to computers as waiting for letters in the post would be agony!!
I know it is going to go faster than we think but man some days just go soooo slow!!
Thanks again!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunny08
Thanks ladies. We do chat on the computer every day and night. We use mics and cams too at times when they want to cooperate. Funny though I almost think we chat too much so then we run out of things to say except to moan on about how we want to be together and not be on computers LOL! I know we should be thankful to computers as waiting for letters in the post would be agony!!
I know it is going to go faster than we think but man some days just go soooo slow!!
Thanks again!
lol, yeah I know, webcams and microphones do tend to play up at the wrong times.
Something I wish I had known about when I was in the UK which you are probably aware of anyway, is Skype. If your cam goes down, you don't need to spend an absolute fortune on the phone. I didn't know about that and we used to run up huge phone bills. So maybe if your camera goes down then you have a back up plan
Oh yeah, and some days are just worse than others for missing each other. Take each day as it comes and concentrate on being with him.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:31 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all

Hey!

My fiance and I have been apart since March 07, save two weeks we spent together in Canada October time. I think the best thing to do is carry on as suggested. Enjoy the life you're living today, don't be so focused on the future. Letters are exciting and it's allways nice to get something in the post. Its also nice to take time to write them too, get some romance out of the situation! My fella and I have a little chat maybe three times a week on the phone, send letters and basically apart from that we just get on with regular life. Days turn into weeks, then to months. I feel like I've waited forever just to hear any news at all. I'm now probubly a month away from getting the visa and everything is moving so very fast! It's an all round amazing experiance, enjoy all of it!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Emma and Rosie,
I do send him care packages once a month which i know he really enjoys receiving and he does send occasional cards to me too. We tried to do skype and the jerks never sent us our phones so we ended up canceling it! BUT we just use MSN or Yahoo and call each others computers right through that with our mics so works out nicely. We have found if we use just cams and type or just mics to talk that works the best...for some reason the talking and caming at same time just never syncs up properly haha.
Thanks again and I know we will make it through this journey and be able to look back upon it all soon enough!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:46 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You should also check out VOIPcheap - its free and lets you 'dial' UK (and some others AFAIK) residential numbers FREE you can also buy units that let you call cell phones (internationally) for 0.08 a minute. I use it regularly to maintain contact with my family in the UK. The good thing about Viop is that the other person doesn't need to be on a pc for you to contact them . Works out great for any 'business' dealings I have in the UK Be sure to get the voipcheap - Google it

Last edited by Songbird; Mar 2nd 2008 at 9:49 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

We use Skype everyday ..... Plus I purchased a Cincinnati phone number from them so that my fiancee can call me from any phone if she needs to get hold of me ... and she only gets charge for a local call ..

If all goes according to plan I'll leave here on the 31st March and at the moment I'm mad busy selling my stuff off on ebay. So that keeping me rather busy.

It is hard but you just have to get through in by reminding yourself that the wait will be worth in the end
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:39 pm
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all

31st of march? ooh! congrats, when is your interview set for?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

It's set for the 10th March .....

Originally Posted by goteamrosie
31st of march? ooh! congrats, when is your interview set for?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:47 pm
Rosie

ooh thats in a week! how exciting! when did you send the checklist off? it's crazy how you wait in silence for so long, then suddenly there is so much to do so quickly!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

My checklist was sent to them in the first week of January this year ...

It's nuts around here at the moment, I know I have everything ready for the interview but I keep on checking my docs and forgetting our anniversaries (hey, I am male )

ooh thats in a week! how exciting! when did you send the checklist off? it's crazy how you wait in silence for so long, then suddenly there is so much to do so quickly!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:01 pm
Rosie

Haha you'll have to do some revision over the next week!! I'm going to send my checklist off now, even though I'm waiting on my evidence of support off my fiance (he is male too!) but if you had to wait that long I will have to get the ball rolling!!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, my Fiancee send her evidence of support via Fed Ex ... It was here the next day

Haha you'll have to do some revision over the next week!! I'm going to send my checklist off now, even though I'm waiting on my evidence of support off my fiance (he is male too!) but if you had to wait that long I will have to get the ball rolling!!