Wikiposts

Still waiting for EAD

Old Oct 13th 2004, 10:55 am
Just Joined

dori is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still waiting for EAD

Anyone in the same boat as me with a receipt date of April 16th or earlier and still waiting for EAD? I just checked the USCIS site and currently they are processing I485 related EADs with a receipt date of June 28, 2004. Is there something wrong with my case? Please kindly advice?! Thanks!
Old Oct 13th 2004, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Still waiting for EAD

get an Infopass appt, if available in your area, and get yourself an interim ID.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dori
Anyone in the same boat as me with a receipt date of April 16th or earlier and still waiting for EAD? I just checked the USCIS site and currently they are processing I485 related EADs with a receipt date of June 28, 2004. Is there something wrong with my case? Please kindly advice?! Thanks!

Hi Dori,
My husband's NOA for EAD is feb 23 2004 and still no EAD....I have a thread going for people waiting for EAD...I'll add you to it. After 90 days my husband got a 90 day interim EAD...when that was over he went back to the local office and they said that he can get no more than 240 days (8 months) on his interim...but since his initial interim EAD was only 90 days (3 months), he got the remaining 5 months. But this is also expiring on 11Jan04 and he has just found a job....we are very worried....we even wrote to our senator and have not heard from them....we called twice and left a message and no return call. It's very depressing.
But some people have said that since your I-485 is pending...legally they cannot let you be 'unauthorized' for employment...i read it somewhere in the laws...so they will give out another interim EAD for 240days if need be....we have an infopass appt. on the 18th of oct and will let you know if it's true.

I think you should make an appt. thru infopass and take your NOAs and tell them your story.

Good luck and let us know what happened.

Rukhie
Old Oct 14th 2004, 1:40 am
mstuckaNOSPAM

dori <member28147@british_expats.com> wrote:
    > Anyone in the same boat as me with a receipt date of April 16th or
    > earlier and still waiting for EAD? I just checked the USCIS site and
    > currently they are processing I485 related EADs with a receipt date of
    > June 28, 2004. Is there something wrong with my case? Please kindly
    > advice?! Thanks!

We're April 2.

We overnighted a letter two months ago, when my wife was merely one month
overdue, describing her possibly dying grandmother and asking that we be
processed in the same order as the others; no reply. I did post the letter
in groups.google.com.

This week I got my Congressman's staff involved; no word yet. My wife is
going to try to call the 800 number next week and get an inquiry thingy
started (note: only the actual applicant can do this, seemingly; the phone
operator tells me it's for reasons of privacy, but I don't see how asking
them to start a status check involves them telling me anything. Silly me.)

Suze's grandmother is back in the hospital for a third time, but it looks
like she'll pull through. The docs have said everytime something like this
happens, though, she loses a little more life. =(

--
Mike Stucka / mstucka at math.luc.edu
This person runs on ethanol, an environmentally friendly alternative fuel.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:01 am
mstuckaNOSPAM

I apologize if an earlier article by me got through; the subject was EAD,
and I wrote about AP. Need more sleep.

We applied for EAD April 2, and are about a month overdue. (Suze has
been working on an interim; we wrote a report from Boston.)

Because of difficulties with the Advance Parole (now four months overdue,
and two months ago a letter about a possibly dying grandmother never
received a reply) we went to a Congressman's staff this week. No word back
yet.

I gather there are quite a few folks from the beginning of the year who
now are considerably past due on the EAD, while some who have applied
since have obtained theres, like July application approved in August.

You can get an interim EAD for free with a minimum of hassles, seemingly.
Groups.google.com search for our Boston report, or those of others.

You can also get your Congressman involved, because this is not a matter
of bumping ahead of other folks.

And the actual applicant (not spouse) can call the 800 number and get a
status inquiry started.

How much of this helps, I dunno. But try every avenue, and, especially,
the interim if you need the money.

--
Mike Stucka / mstucka at math.luc.edu
This person runs on ethanol, an environmentally friendly alternative fuel.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:25 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

Hi

I wish there was some way to know for sure about being authorized for work..

if someone comes in on a K1, gets the interim ead.. gets married.. the ead expires.. files for a new one.. in the meantime the ins folk at the local office assure her that she can still work.. what to do? sounds like you may have read the same thing somewhere?? we are authorized to work, we just don't have the card to show for it??

I don't want to break any rules.. I now have been offered a job in my field..

I can't update my SS number with my married name because I need a valid work card..

grrrr..

anyone know for sure?? silly question and I know I was on about it yesterday.. but today is a new day.. thanks in advance..
Old Oct 14th 2004, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by souls canuck
Hi

I wish there was some way to know for sure about being authorized for work..

if someone comes in on a K1, gets the interim ead.. gets married.. the ead expires.. files for a new one.. in the meantime the ins folk at the local office assure her that she can still work.. what to do? sounds like you may have read the same thing somewhere?? we are authorized to work, we just don't have the card to show for it??

I don't want to break any rules.. I now have been offered a job in my field..

I can't update my SS number with my married name because I need a valid work card..

grrrr..

anyone know for sure?? silly question and I know I was on about it yesterday.. but today is a new day.. thanks in advance..
Hi!

Well I talked to the representative working on our case from the senator's office and he says that he still haven't worked on my husband's case yet...but from what he understands, my husband's I-485 (AOS) is pending and this should be sufficient to allow him to get another interim EAD....we have an infopass appt. on monday and will let you know what we find out from our local office.

Rukhie
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rukhie
Hi!

Well I talked to the representative working on our case from the senator's office and he says that he still haven't worked on my husband's case yet...but from what he understands, my husband's I-485 (AOS) is pending and this should be sufficient to allow him to get another interim EAD....we have an infopass appt. on monday and will let you know what we find out from our local office.

Rukhie
Hi Rukhie,

If I may speak on Souls' behalf - she actually meant temp EAD - the 90-day EAD, not the interim. Her 90 days after filing for EAD are not up yet to get an interim card. So her 90-day temp EAD has expired. She has applied for the 1-year card, but 90 days are not up yet in order to get the interim. All she has right now is the EAD NOA (I think) to show that she's applied for the 1-year EAD card.

Her basic question is....is she authorized to work legally with an expired 90-day temp card, while she's waiting for the 1-year card, since she can prove she's applied for it?

Sorry, Souls, for butting in yet again. Hopefully I got the facts straight LOL

Rene
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:34 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

yes, rene, you are correct once again.. he he.. now If I could just get a word in on my behalf.. hah.. kidding!! you know my case better then I do!

anyway.. it's definately a gray area I think....
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

yes, rene, you are correct once again.. he he.. now If I could just get a word in on my behalf.. hah.. kidding!! you know my case better then I do!

I'm sorry... I wasn't sure if you were around, and thought I'll keep the thread active for you. Let me know if you don't want me butting in

Rene
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:41 am
Valley of the Sun

not at all.. I appreciate it... you know that!!!

I thank you my friend.

keep up the good work
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

ok now i'm butting in...hehehe

I guess i misunderstood....Once you reach 90days from the NOA date for your EAD application, you can go get an interim EAD...because you have also filed for your AOS (I-485) ( under section 274 (c) (9)). An interim can be given for no longer than 240 days (8 months)....I think if your 8 months are up and still no EAD....then you might be able to get another one for 240 days.

we'll find out...on monday...at the infopass...

sorry for the confusion :-)

Thanks Noorah for explaining :-)

Rukhie:-)
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:55 am

In somewhat of an answer to Soul's question: Seems like she would NOT be authorized to work legally. This is the "gap" in work authorization that so many people talk about on here. On the other hand, I've also seen people on here who say the officer at the interview will probably be lenient if you worked for a short while unauthorized. But who knows. It's definitely a gray area!

Rene
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:40 am
Valley of the Sun

well, this is what I am reading.. after doing a search on here and reading for the last hour or so..

bummer

I dont think I want to rely on having a good interviewer who see's things my way.. who needs the stress of that..

I am going to call the radio station and see if they want to take me on as a volunteer.. hah.. not sure what else to do.. the card could show up in a month.. or 5.. who knows...

I symphathize with all those going thru this process..it does get frustrating that's for sure.. reading all the rules and regs and not making much sense.. and.. to be given wrong info from the tucson office twice is pissing me off too.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 10:41 am

well, this is what I am reading.. after doing a search on here and reading for the last hour or so..

bummer

I dont think I want to rely on having a good interviewer who see's things my way.. who needs the stress of that..

I am going to call the radio station and see if they want to take me on as a volunteer.. hah.. not sure what else to do.. the card could show up in a month.. or 5.. who knows...

I symphathize with all those going thru this process..it does get frustrating that's for sure.. reading all the rules and regs and not making much sense.. and.. to be given wrong info from the tucson office twice is pissing me off too.
Souls,

Just out of curiosity, how much time is left before you can go get your interim card?

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.