Wikiposts

Still waiting after interview but when to fill I-751

Old Oct 14th 2003, 4:58 am
Just Joined

jenni_c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still waiting after interview but when to fill I-751

Who can help?
When should you fill the I-751?
Should you fill it two years after your AOS interview or after two years when you finally got your stamp in you passport?
I still don’t have it. I am waiting for ~1 year now!!! It is still pending that is what they tell me each time I go to their office.

Thanks for your help Jennifer
Old Oct 14th 2003, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

You file for removal 21 months after the date of the stamp. I don't know what date they will use for the stamp if you have been waiting so long for it since the interview. If you are lucky, you will have been married two years by the time they finish the security clearances and they will not apply the conditions. I don't think I would count on that, though.
The bigger issue is the stamp itself. I would suggest contacting your senator/representative to go to bat for you at this point. Even out of Atlanta, I don't think that the clearances are taking that long.