Still waiting.....

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 9:08 pm
U.K/U.S.A.

Joanne Knight will become famous soon enoughJoanne Knight will become famous soon enough
Default Still waiting.....

I have been sent Packet 4 from the Embassy in London about 3 weeks ago and sent in my paperwork as a provisional file about 1 week before that. I called the Embassy and they told me to re-send it with copies again of the NOA. This has been a while now, I know it is hard to be patient, but they seems to be taking forever to send me a letter with a date for my interview. Has anyone else been waiting this long for an interview date? Or is it just me?

Joanne.
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still waiting.....

Originally posted by Joanne Knight:
I have been sent Packet 4 from the Embassy in London about 3 weeks ago and sent in my paperwork as a provisional file about 1 week before that. I called the Embassy and they told me to re-send it with copies again of the NOA. This has been a while now, I know it is hard to be patient, but they seems to be taking forever to send me a letter with a date for my interview. Has anyone else been waiting this long for an interview date? Or is it just me?

Joanne.
i was told that it would take at least 2-4 weeks after they receive your packet back that you will get your interview, i hope they are not having problems like those other embassys around the world, i have already waited far too long. i been seperated from my spouse for 7 months
Old Sep 4th 2002, 9:33 am
Jane

Joanne Knight <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have been sent Packet 4 from the Embassy in London about 3 weeks ago and sent in
    > my paperwork as a provisional file about 1 week before that. I called the Embassy
    > and they told me to re-send it with copies again of the NOA. This has been a while
    > now, I know it is hard to be patient, but they seems to be taking forever to send
    > me a letter with a date for my interview. Has anyone else been waiting this long
    > for an interview date? Or is it just me?
    > Joanne.

I sent in my I-130 to london June 29th, they took the money for their fee on July 2,
I sent them my packet 3 on July 3, and to date (almost 10 weeks now) I havent heard
one word from anyone...Im feeling like its taking forever too...

Jane

Old Sep 5th 2002, 1:07 am
Katie

In article <[email protected]>, Joanne Knight says...
    >I have been sent Packet 4 from the Embassy in London about 3 weeks ago and sent in
    >my paperwork as a provisional file about 1 week before that. I called the Embassy
    >and they told me to re-send it with copies again of the NOA. This has been a while
    >now, I know it is hard to be patient, but they seems to be taking forever to send me
    >a letter with a date for my interview. Has anyone else been waiting this long for an
    >interview date? Or is it just me?

I made a point of phoning once every week after I returned my DS forms. It took three
phone calls to get my interview date letter through. At the time there was a mailroom
backlog, and initially I was worried that they may have mislaid my returned package
because they couldn't confirm where it was. I'd paid for signing on delivery so I
knew they'd got there, but they hadn't been transfered on to the computers.

Don't be afraid to chase them up. Call asking if they've recieved them. Tell them
you're getting a little worried as your wedding date is drawing closer and you don't
want to have to re-arrange your dates.

Good luck. And don't worry... it's London not Russia, and they're good with
the dates.

-katie