Wikiposts

Still waiting

Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:29 am
Just Joined

SarfLondoner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still waiting

Had my interview 5 weeks ago and was told by the young lady she was recommending me for a 6 month visa but it needed to be signed off by Homeland security, she said I will recieve an email to send my passport off and the whole process will take 3 weeks for me to get my visa. I phoned the very expensive embassy number last week and was told to wait 8 weeks before chasing it up, it is all very frustrating as they tell you nothing and you have no way of finding out what is going on. Am I right to start panicking that I am not going to get a visa and wave goodbye to my £1500 that i have forked out for the trip?

Cheers Rich
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Still waiting

Originally Posted by SarfLondoner
Had my interview 5 weeks ago and was told by the young lady she was recommending me for a 6 month visa but it needed to be signed off by Homeland security, she said I will recieve an email to send my passport off and the whole process will take 3 weeks for me to get my visa. I phoned the very expensive embassy number last week and was told to wait 8 weeks before chasing it up, it is all very frustrating as they tell you nothing and you have no way of finding out what is going on. Am I right to start panicking that I am not going to get a visa and wave goodbye to my £1500 that i have forked out for the trip?

Cheers Rich
I agree, very frustrating but should you have booked, paid for said trip without the necessary right to travel???
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:00 am
Just Joined

SarfLondoner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
I agree, very frustrating but should you have booked, paid for said trip without the necessary right to travel???
I had to as I am going to see the Green Bay Packers and you have to buy the packages very early as they sell out. If I had waited until the yes or no from the embassy I would never have got a ticket or a hotel and the flights would have doubled in price.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

I had to as I am going to see the Green Bay Packers and you have to buy the packages very early as they sell out. If I had waited until the yes or no from the embassy I would never have got a ticket or a hotel and the flights would have doubled in price.
Fair enough of course, but now, you might not going at all. Plus you could always get something on stubhub, scalpers etc etc.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Lisa1906 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Rich
I went through the same situation last year. My interview was on 3 Oct 2008, and l was hoping to take the kids to Disneyland for Xmas. I was told l will be contacted within 4 weeks to send in my passport via email. The email finally arrived on 3 Aug 2009, exactly 10 months later. I finally got my passport with visa today, 14 august. Needless to say l didnt need the visa anymore as l am now a British citizen, but l sent my other passport from my previous nationality.
We have already booked for our long overdue holiday now, and are going this Xmas. I will do the ESTA, does anyone no if l will need to carry the passports with visas, even if we are travelling on British passport and have ESTa authorisation?