still not happy

Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Bald Badger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default still not happy

I have recently followed a job to the US and hated it after 3 days, my boss was a prick and treated me like an animal, he was a Bulgarian, the hours where 12-13 a day and I got 1 day off every 3 weeks. So I quit and carried on to England. Stayed in London for about 3 days with increasingly hysterical emails coming from my wife in NZ. I was hopelessly jet lagged and ended up hopping on a plane to come back to NZ. Meanwhile somebody else has filled my job, and I haven’t found another yet. My wife says don’t worry I will keep you till you find employment but I am not happy, I still feel the need to return to the UK and get out of London to say York or Norwich and 1/ Get a roof over my head and 2/ get a job. I seem to be back in the same rut I was in only a few weeks ago. Maybe I will give it a few weeks and do my original plan that is go to UK and get out of London quite quickly to a more rural place.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:40 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: still not happy

Originally posted by Bald Badger
I have recently followed a job to the US and hated it after 3 days, my boss was a prick and treated me like an animal, he was a Bulgarian, the hours where 12-13 a day and I got 1 day off every 3 weeks. So I quit and carried on to England. Stayed in London for about 3 days with increasingly hysterical emails coming from my wife in NZ. I was hopelessly jet lagged and ended up hopping on a plane to come back to NZ. Meanwhile somebody else has filled my job, and I haven’t found another yet. My wife says don’t worry I will keep you till you find employment but I am not happy, I still feel the need to return to the UK and get out of London to say York or Norwich and 1/ Get a roof over my head and 2/ get a job. I seem to be back in the same rut I was in only a few weeks ago. Maybe I will give it a few weeks and do my original plan that is go to UK and get out of London quite quickly to a more rural place.

Wondered how you were getting on!! Was the job in the US on a ship ?

Take time to think about your future plans and if you're not use to London then it's hard to take in! Think you're right about further up into the north of England, cheaper housing by far!! Good Luck
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Bald Badger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: still not happy

Originally posted by janeyray
Wondered how you were getting on!! Was the job in the US on a ship ?

Take time to think about your future plans and if you're not use to London then it's hard to take in! Think you're right about further up into the north of England, cheaper housing by far!! Good Luck
Yes was on a ship 3 day trips, the passengers had 3 days to get as drunk as possible eat as much as possible and get stoned and gamble...nice. I think really that I could do it again with hindsight and better preparation