Wikiposts

still no visas

Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default still no visas

hi folks

stressed out is not the word ! I had interview in London 12th sept still no visas yet I have changed my flights twice getting tired of not gettting any help from either secure post or the embassy.

I am now living with my daughter till visas arrive but can't understand why the embassy is so slowwwww apparently they had my medical results on the 11th sept but still i'm waiting for the visas

Getting worried i will have to change flights again

Any one else waiting this long for thier visa ?

Michelle
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: still no visas

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
hi folks

stressed out is not the word ! I had interview in London 12th sept still no visas yet I have changed my flights twice getting tired of not gettting any help from either secure post or the embassy.

I am now living with my daughter till visas arrive but can't understand why the embassy is so slowwwww apparently they had my medical results on the 11th sept but still i'm waiting for the visas

Michelle
Sorry, I don't remember your details...

Did they say you were approved pending the medical? Or did they not say at all...

Could there have been any issues arise from the medical?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

hi folks

Michelle
Hi:

As a general rule, ALL consular sections on the whole planet tell people that they should NOT finalize travel plans before actually obtaining the visa.

Also, you are talking only six business days including shipping & delivery.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

I was approved CR1 & CR2 on the 12th september pending medical results ...i talked with the Doctors surgery today and they told me that my medical results went the consulate on the 11th september so i thought since they were there it would not take so long to get the visas .....obviously i was wrong and yes i know its only 6 working days since the interview but seems most ppl get there visas in a couple days. A lesson learned, we should not have booked our flights before the arrival of visas....maybe i will get the Visas by wednesday if not then we change the flights again. There is Nothing else i can do i guess.

Good luck to those waiting

Michelle
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Folks
We are on day 9 and still no visas I called the embassy and was told i am way out my timeframe of receiving the visas so i have e-mailed the embassy to find out if they can help send on the visas by 29th September at the latest as yet again i had to change the flight to US. I know the embassy are not responsible but also they should NOT give a timefrme of 5 days max if they can't honour it. I was told approved and i should receive the visas in 3 to 5 days . Our medicals were at the embassy the day before the interview so i can't see where the problem lies? All documents asked for were produced and in order so it can't be that.

I find it hard to get to talk to anyone ...secure mail services can't do anything after all they are just the delivery agent ....the embassy helpline has no contact with London Consular Officers. The helpline operator just said she was sorry for the delay but i should have had them by now so gave me a code to e-mail them, unfortunately they answer e-mails in 4 days by that time it will be too late to get an answer ( i have sent e-mail anyways) probably have to change flight again...it sucks!

My husband is furious and can't understand why it's taking so long not to mention we have spent $1000 already changing flights , we can't keep doing this. Surely there is a way we can get answers quicker than e-mailing ?

Anyone know what else we can do ?

Help appreciated.

Michelle
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks
We are on day 9 and still no visas I called the embassy and was told i am way out my timeframe of receiving the visas so i have e-mailed the embassy to find out if they can help send on the visas by 29th September at the latest as yet again i had to change the flight to US. I know the embassy are not responsible but also they should NOT give a timefrme of 5 days max if they can't honour it. I was told approved and i should receive the visas in 3 to 5 days . Our medicals were at the embassy the day before the interview so i can't see where the problem lies? All documents asked for were produced and in order so it can't be that.

I find it hard to get to talk to anyone ...secure mail services can't do anything after all they are just the delivery agent ....the embassy helpline has no contact with London Consular Officers. The helpline operator just said she was sorry for the delay but i should have had them by now so gave me a code to e-mail them, unfortunately they answer e-mails in 4 days by that time it will be too late to get an answer ( i have sent e-mail anyways) probably have to change flight again...it sucks!

My husband is furious and can't understand why it's taking so long not to mention we have spent $1000 already changing flights , we can't keep doing this. Surely there is a way we can get answers quicker than e-mailing ?

Anyone know what else we can do ?

Help appreciated.

Michelle
I'm a bit confused now... the medicals were AT the embassy before your interview... but they said your visa was approved PENDING the medical? That seems a little odd...

Have you ever been told that your visa was ACTUALLY approved (not pending the medical)?

I am wondering if there is any issue from the medicals, and they are reviewing it... If I am possibly correct, I wonder if the surgery would tell you if there are any issues, i.e. if you have a class A or class B medical condition.

Otherwise, if you have been told you have the actual approval, then I am off-base with the above. I believe you can pay for a courier service to send the visas, rather than by mail. If you can find out they're actually sending the things...

I am sorry you're going through this...
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I know the embassy are not responsible but also they should NOT give a timefrme of 5 days max if they can't honour it.
With all due respect, you should not have booked flights without first having your passports and visas in hand. Most of the stress you've had lately seems to be about you having to change flights every few days.

Our medicals were at the embassy the day before the interview so i can't see where the problem lies?
You've previously posted that the medicals were sent to the Consulate... is there any clear evidence that they were actually received? It's possible the medical reports went missing, or fell on the floor, or didn't get matched up properly to your other paperwork.

Ian
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Either you or your husband get on the phone and call the the Consulate's main switchboard and see who you can speak to about this issue. Here's the page with the numbers:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/ukaddres.html
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
With all due respect, you should not have booked flights without first having your passports and visas in hand. Most of the stress you've had lately seems to be about you having to change flights every few days.
Agreed.....they do tell this all the way through the process...
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

olliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Agreed.....they do tell this all the way through the process...
As do the posters here. It is almost a mantra: "Don't make plans without your visa IN HAND!"
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Skiboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I was approved CR1 & CR2 on the 12th september pending medical results ...i talked with the Doctors surgery today and they told me that my medical results went the consulate on the 11th september ...
Michelle
Hi

I think your medical results have gone missing, otherwise you would have been approved... no pending... assuming the doctors aren't fibbing.

Why don't you phone Knightsbridge Doctors again, and see if they have a more direct line to the embassy than mere mortals.

I had my interview on Tuesday, and got the visa today (Thursday), so realistically, something has gone amiss...

Good luck

Paul
Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:30 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

yes - just because the docs 'say' they sent them in doesnt mean that the envelope was opened, and matched correctly to your file the same day. The question you need to ask the embassy is have they recieved the results (ie DO THEY THINK THEY HAVE THEM and MATCHED TO YOUR FILE) and have they made a decision based upon them yet.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

First off ...i would like to say again we did book our flights which im sure a lot people do and take the chance thier visas arrive on time...it is a mistake we made but again hundreds of others have done the same and been lucky...guess we are not... an expensive lesson learned on our part.

All i know is our medical results arrived at the embassy on the 11th Sept ...i don't know if they were received since they dont tell you that at the interview...the CO told me that if the medical results were here then it would be 3 days if not it would be 5. Most people get thier visas 3 days after the interview ...i had my medical done 5 working days before the interview and i do know our medicals were fine, there was nothing to report out of the ordinary so it's strange why they are taking so long.
The CO said approved as long as the medicals were fine, im sure if the medicals were not fine i would have heard before the interview atleast thats what the doctor told me ofcourse i didnt hear anything back from the doctors. Maybe they have misplaced the results no one knows the embassy don't tell you anything whenever you ask a question.

I guess the waiting game continues and i can only hope i hear back from the embassy soon.
I did call the switchboard number but that was hopeless it really is hard to get to talk to anyone.

Waiting
Michelle
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you remember the name of the officer who conducted your interview, write to them and ask what the delay is. If it is because your medical records are missing and you have to do them over again, so be it. But you can't sit around waiting.

Have your husband call the US Consulate and the heck with the expense.