Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Still no plastic green card in the mail

Still no plastic green card in the mail

Old Jun 8th 2002, 6:20 pm
Waiting

Default Still no plastic green card in the mail

Passport stamped at interview almost 9 months ago at Arlington -- quoted "within 6
months" for green card in mail. Contacted Congressman's office a month ago.
Congressman's office still waiting for repy. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Anyone
else in the same boat??? Why are other people getting their cards so early and us so
late??? Of course it took us 2 years and three months + to get the interview anyway
so I guess I should expect delays for this too.

Old Jun 9th 2002, 2:20 am
Betastar

Default Re: Still no plastic green card in the mail

On 8 Jun 2002 21:42:34 -0700, [email protected] (Waiting) wrote:

>Passport stamped at interview almost 9 months ago at Arlington -- quoted "within 6
    >months" for green card in mail. Contacted Congressman's office a month ago.
    >Congressman's office still waiting for repy. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Anyone
    >else in the same boat??? Why are other people getting their cards so early and us so
    >late??? Of course it took us 2 years and three months + to get the interview anyway
    >so I guess I should expect delays for this too.

We had to file an I-90 for a replacement card, so not quite the same situation, but
when I contacted Senator Helms' office last week, his immigration liaison told me
that in Texas, as of the end of April, they were working on November 21st as the
process date.

Our NOA is dated December 4 - she said Reinhard should have his in the next 2
months. (!!??!!)

We're hoping he doesn't have to get another stamp.

Old Jun 9th 2002, 3:20 am
Shussbar

>Passport stamped at interview almost 9 months ago at Arlington -- quoted "within 6
    >months" for green card in mail. Contacted Congressman's office a month ago.
    >Congressman's office still waiting for repy.

After the same 9 months wait, i contacted our Congressman, Jesse Jackson Jr. Within
2 weeks, his office had check on my status with INS, and I got the card in the
mail. It took 2 weeks!! I guess your Congressman has the wrong key of INS! The
situation is bad, i understand you. They might have mailed it, and it was lost, who
knows or mostly, it is somewhere in a pile, waiting for someone to take care of it.
Keep faith!

>Why are other people getting their cards so early and us so late???

It some kind of discrimination to me, what do you think?

Old Jun 10th 2002, 12:20 am
Andy Platt

Something's up. My GC came less than a month after our interview at Arlington. Since
they still had not figured out the address we lived at, they had sent it to our old
address - luckily it got forwarded. Could it be something like that?

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "Waiting"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Passport stamped at interview almost 9 months ago at Arlington -- quoted "within 6
    > months" for green card in mail. Contacted Congressman's office a month ago.
    > Congressman's office still waiting for repy. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Anyone
    > else in the same boat??? Why are other people getting their cards so early and us
    > so late??? Of course it took us 2 years and three months + to get the interview
    > anyway so I guess I should expect delays for this too.

Old Jun 10th 2002, 4:21 am
Mrtravel

It took 5 1/2 month in our case. No congressman was contacted.

Andy Platt wrote:
    >
    > Something's up. My GC came less than a month after our interview at Arlington.
    > Since they still had not figured out the address we lived at, they had sent it to
    > our old address - luckily it got forwarded. Could it be something like that?

Old Jun 10th 2002, 6:20 am
Steve & Lisa

When Steve received his I-551 stamp, they gave him a form and said that if he had not
gotten his green card within six months to mail this in the service center.

Form was G-731 http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fo...orms/g-731.htm

--
Lisa www.britsintheus.com/marriednhappy/timeline-aos.htm

"Waiting" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Passport stamped at interview almost 9 months ago at Arlington -- quoted "within 6
    > months" for green card in mail. Contacted Congressman's office a month ago.
    > Congressman's office still waiting for repy. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Anyone
    > else in the same boat??? Why are other people getting their cards so early and us
    > so late??? Of course it took us 2 years and three months + to get the interview
    > anyway so I guess I should expect delays for this too.

Old Jun 12th 2002, 1:21 pm
Waiting

Recieved a letter from congressman's office today. It included a letter from VSC
saying that the file has been sent for processing and the card should arrive in
approximately 60 days. If that timeline holds then the total time should be 11 months
from stamping to GC in mail. It is a relief to finally know something !!!!!!!

Old Jun 12th 2002, 1:21 pm
Mrtravel@Sbcglo

Before you queried the congressman, what did the service center tell you?

Waiting wrote:
    >
    > Recieved a letter from congressman's office today. It included a letter from
    > VSC saying that the file has been sent for processing and the card should
    > arrive in approximately 60 days. If that timeline holds then the total time
    > should be 11 months from stamping to GC in mail. It is a relief to finally know
    > something !!!!!!!

Old Jun 12th 2002, 3:54 pm
Richardhousehunt

I did not ask/send in form -- just went through rep. -- there seem to be two paths
-- through your representative and personal -- my congressman's rep advised me just
to choose one because issues for congressmen are handled by a different INS staff
person than if you personally requested an inquiry into your status and if you do
both paths it takes even longer because 2 people are requesting your file

Old Jun 13th 2002, 12:20 am
Andy Platt

Hopefully it should be quicker than that. VSC seem to be producing them in a few
weeks right now.

Andy.

P.S. See how many "welcome letters" you get - I got three of them!

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "Waiting"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Recieved a letter from congressman's office today. It included a letter from
    > VSC saying that the file has been sent for processing and the card should
    > arrive in approximately 60 days. If that timeline holds then the total time
    > should be 11 months from stamping to GC in mail. It is a relief to finally know
    > something !!!!!!!

Old Jun 17th 2002, 9:47 am
Richardhousehunt

You are right. RECIEVED CARD IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no welcome letters yet

filed aos July 99 interview and stamp Oct 2001 GC received June 2002

All done till naturalization 2003-4