Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Still no news from London after a month

Wikiposts

Still no news from London after a month

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice
Default Still no news from London after a month

Hi all,

I had the conformation for the I-130 on the 25th March and still have had no news from the Embassy. Should I now call the extorsion line or is this still within normal limits?

Cheers

Colin
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:00 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Still no news from London after a month

I'd be inclined to say that this is still within normal limits, sometimes they just take time to get from the approval of the petition to sending out the visa application.

With my K1, it took about 6 weeks after the I-129F was approved before I started receiving stuff from the embassy.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colin2496
Hi all,

I had the conformation for the I-130 on the 25th March and still have had no news from the Embassy. Should I now call the extorsion line or is this still within normal limits?

Cheers

Colin
I'd say it's within normal, as it hasn't even been a month yet.

Rene
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice

OK guys much appreiciated you know how it gets in your head after a while that it has all gone wrong!!

I'll wait on then.

Cheers
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:23 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

OK guys much appreiciated you know how it gets in your head after a while that it has all gone wrong!!

I'll wait on then.

Cheers
Yeah the mind can run away on you sometimes during these applications, but I'm sure you will hear from the embassy soon.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Cheers

Colin
I love it ... the extortion line

Last edited by Rete; Apr 22nd 2010 at 7:37 am. Reason: You get karma for that one Colin
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:38 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Rete
I love it ... the extortion line
I just noticed that!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

OK, so i called the extorsion line today and they gave me an email address to write to.

I wrote to the consular with the specific info that they (The Embassy) told me to write, the obvious Name, Address DOB ETC and this was the reply:-

"Your message has been received by the Consular Information Unit. We are
currently averaging three to four days to answer routine email
correspondence and seven to ten days for all other email correspondence

There is no mechanism for "status checks" while a visa application is
being processed. Inquiries concerning cases which require
administrative processing or background checks, and which have been
pending less than 90 days, will not be answered.

Please do not, under any circumstances, send a duplicate or follow-on
e-mail. Repeat messages slow down our response time, and we reserve the
right to permanently delete all e-mails from senders who transmit repeat
messages or status checks.

Sincerely,
Consular Information Unit"

Is this a usual reply and has anybody had a similar reply before.

I wondered whether I was sending a routine correspondence or non routine??

Oh well sorry it's wordy, any thoughts.

Colin
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:22 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so i called the extorsion line today and they gave me an email address to write to.

I wrote to the consular with the specific info that they (The Embassy) told me to write, the obvious Name, Address DOB ETC and this was the reply:-

"Your message has been received by the Consular Information Unit. We are
currently averaging three to four days to answer routine email
correspondence and seven to ten days for all other email correspondence

There is no mechanism for "status checks" while a visa application is
being processed. Inquiries concerning cases which require
administrative processing or background checks, and which have been
pending less than 90 days, will not be answered.

Please do not, under any circumstances, send a duplicate or follow-on
e-mail. Repeat messages slow down our response time, and we reserve the
right to permanently delete all e-mails from senders who transmit repeat
messages or status checks.

Sincerely,
Consular Information Unit"

Is this a usual reply and has anybody had a similar reply before.

I wondered whether I was sending a routine correspondence or non routine??

Oh well sorry it's wordy, any thoughts.

Colin
Colin, if your I-130 has not yet been approved, the people you wrote to have no idea who you are. Your case is NOT at the Consular section yet.

Your I-130 is with the USCIS in London. You may find contact information for them on the London Embassy website, but only because they keep an office in the Embassy complex.

Have you read the DCF wiki entry yet? Link in my siggy.

If you had, you'd get to the page that says:

— Processing Times —

As of April 19, 2010, we are processing petitions filed on March 1, 2010.

They are not working on petitions received around March 25 yet. Nowhere near yet.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Have read the Wiki and thought it was good.

My I-130 has been approved and I was told to send the email by the Embassy as they said that it should have reached their computer system by now.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

I should state that the petition was received on the 23rd of Feb and approved 25th March.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Have read the Wiki and thought it was good.

My I-130 has been approved and I was told to send the email by the Embassy as they said that it should have reached their computer system by now.
I should state that the petition was received on the 23rd of Feb and approved 25th March.
Yes, that would make a difference!

Maybe it will help someone else.

Oh, and your email? Routine reply.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

M,

Thanks for the reply

Colin
Old Apr 27th 2010, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Email today from the embassy saying that they posted a letter on the 16th April (which I never received obviously).

Anyway I know have a Case Number and can get on with the application now
Old Apr 27th 2010, 1:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news, Colin.

Did you verify the address with them that they supposedly sent the approval notice to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.