Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Still No Approval....day 212 !

Still No Approval....day 212 !

Old Nov 19th 2003, 3:18 pm
Michelle.Moir

Default Still No Approval....day 212 !

Still NO Approval from Nebraska What a crock they are !!!!!!!

Ok well I guess we have to be a wee bit more patient as hard as it is !
We just wanna get some kinda confirmation that our file is not lost and that
we are gonna hear something soon !!!!

It's so Sad
When is this gonna end ????
Does anyone know the Senator's phone number for Cadillac, Michigan ? I
would make a call to them if I knew it !
So far Congress are hopeless and we are very frustrated and angry with their
lack of response !!!!!!
We are well over our timeline !

Michelle & Herb ( day 212 with Nebraska wait )

NOA1 21st April 2003
NOA2....are we lost souls ?

Old Nov 19th 2003, 3:32 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default poop

what do the reports say? are you over due yet? get on the horn and find out.. I think I would be going batty if that were me.. day 184 was long enough..you are a full month past that even..
Old Nov 19th 2003, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

gyo531 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still No Approval....day 212 !

Originally posted by Michelle.Moir

It's so Sad
lack of response !!!!!!

NOA1 21st April 2003
Hi,
I know exactly how it feels to wait that long . If you need to find your senator here is a website you can check.
http://www.senate.gov/

Best regards & God bless!!!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:05 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: poop

Originally posted by souls canuck
what do the reports say? are you over due yet? get on the horn and find out.. I think I would be going batty if that were me.. day 184 was long enough..you are a full month past that even..

I don't usually come over to the K1 side of the house but after seeing Michelle's name so many times, curiosity got the better of me. According to Matt's newest dates on his site, Nebraska is on 26 May 03 for 129Fs. You're a whole month before that, so would seem as you're overdue. I would indeed be making some noise about it if I were you. Go look into the list of Reps and Senators that gyo gave you and use it. The squeaking wheel gets the grease!!! Good luck.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:10 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle,
The newest NSC report that came out says they have taken cases off the shelf with a first NOA of 5/26. This may not seem like good news for you, but it is.....what that means is that it's now at least 30 days past your first NOA. And what THAT means is that your case is now considered to be overdue by USCIS guidelines. And what THAT means is that now you have a bonafide complaint about your case, and your liason has reason to launch an inquiry.

DO NOT rely on the 1-800 MIS information line for any info. about your case. You, as the foreign fiancee, are not the one who should be dealing with the liason. Herb needs to get aggressive now and start making some waves. Have him to to the AILA website and print off the report. Have him take a trip to the local reps and present that report to them face to face. It's crunch time and they need to be doing their job to help you. Good luck, Michelle. I'm thinking about you.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (Day 174, NSC, K1)
5/29/03 1st NOA
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:10 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Just out of curiosity, if they are overdue (which it would seem by the timeline given) how do they go about querying it?
I know immigration lawyers have certain methods of contact, but if you are going it alone do you have to rely purely on the 1-800-misinformation line or the goodwill of local senators?
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:14 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
Just out of curiosity, if they are overdue (which it would seem by the timeline given) how do they go about querying it?
I know immigration lawyers have certain methods of contact, but if you are going it alone do you have to rely purely on the 1-800-misinformation line or the goodwill of local senators?
You would contact the immigration liason by letter, phone or email. Personally I would make a face to face trip to see them, armed with the latest NSC report as proof that my case should be approved or RFE'd as of this date. Time for Herb to start making some waves I think. Let's hope they get their approval soon!

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (Day 174, NSC, K1)
5/29/03 1st NOA

DO NOT rely on the 1-800 MIS information line for anything!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:18 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Michelle.Moir

It's so Sad
lack of response !!!!!!

NOA1 21st April 2003
Aww Michelle nothing yet??, What the heck is going on at Nebraska??, Come on guys shout with me: WE WANT MICHELLE´S APPROVAL NOW!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:30 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Actually, the first aging report that showed them working on or before Michelle's NOA1 date was dated 11/1 (they were working on cases from 4/28, the previous report indicated they were still working on cases from march). That would make Michelle's overdue date 12/1. I still wouldn't wait until the overdue date though to make an inquiry since people with NOA1's later than yours have already been approved.

Michelle, have your fiancee contact his senators and he should check up again with his congressperson. I had an inquiry started by the NCSC more than three weeks ago and to date I haven't received a reply. I never received a reply from my senator's office, and I never got a reply from my congressman either, although his office did send an email to MSC. If I hadn't gotten my approval already I would have asked them to contact MSC again. I normally don't follow the K1 cases since I'm going K3, but I think everyone in this forum would like to see you get your approval at last.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:35 pm
The Missus

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Actually, the first aging report that showed them working on or before Michelle's NOA1 date was dated 11/1 (they were working on cases from 4/28, the previous report indicated they were still working on cases from march). That would make Michelle's overdue date 12/1.
Heba,
Yep, you're right.........I counted back when I should have counted up!

~SG and Mr. Pink
(Day 174, NSC, K1)
5/29/03 1st NOA

P.S. To Michelle---I concur with Heba's advice not to wait until 12/1 but to strongly encourage Herb to do some visiting with his local reps. and right away! Good Luck.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:33 pm
D&M

> Does anyone know the Senator's phone number for Cadillac, Michigan ? I
    > would make a call to them if I knew it !

http://stabenow.senate.gov/

http://levin.senate.gov/

Try these sites. There's plenty of contact info for these 2 michigan
senators.
Good luck to you.
Dawn

Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Come on guys shout with me: WE WANT MICHELLE´S APPROVAL NOW!!!!
*chanting with Hypertweeky*

Sorry you have to wait so long Michelle. I have no advice or anything, just wanted to send some more good vibes your way. Hope it will be very soon now!

Elaine
Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm soo sorry to hear you haven't been approved yet Michelle! This is horrible! I have to agree with the others, tell Herb he needs to start writing letters and emails, and making phone calls and faxes to find out what the heck is going on!

Good luck,and may you get approved soon!

Cheers,
Jamie
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:48 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Michelle,

I was just looking at the davehollis site. Nebraska are really churning out approvals now so hang tight, its coming
Old Nov 19th 2003, 11:40 pm
Sarah

Doesn't it drive you crazy to keep checking processing times and
venting about it? I mean it's gonna drive you mad. And for some of
you, you're not eating,sleeping or you're depressed. It's
understandable given the circumstances BUT we can't give the USCIS
that much control over our lives. I'm waiting for my approval for the
I-130 and I applied for my petition in February. Initially, they said
it would take 270 days but now we are at 465. It would ABSOLUTELY
drive me crazy if I were to count the days because as we know they
don't mean anything.

Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.