Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Step by Step K1 instructions

Wikiposts

Step by Step K1 instructions

Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice
Default Step by Step K1 instructions

Hi everyone

I've googled my fingers to the bone this weekend trying to answer my question to no avail so I'm asking please....

Is there somewhere that gives step by step instructions on what to expect from start to finish for the K1 visa petiton. "Start" being I've submitted the petition to "finish" being fiance/husband becomes a US citizen.

Thanks for any possible assistance.

Melody
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:44 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Step by Step K1 instructions

Originally posted by melody32
Hi everyone

I've googled my fingers to the bone this weekend trying to answer my question to no avail so I'm asking please....

Is there somewhere that gives step by step instructions on what to expect from start to finish for the K1 visa petiton. "Start" being I've submitted the petition to "finish" being fiance/husband becomes a US citizen.

Thanks for any possible assistance.

Melody

Yes, and I believe that google also lists the FAQ.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

Rete
Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Step by step is easy....

1 Open a bank account

2 Pay in lots and lots of $$

3 Pay said $$ to the US authorities in a series of never ending forms filings etc

4 Get wound up over the time it takes

5 Express no suprise that so many bloody hispanics get in illegally

6 Get irritated that said Latinos get legalised in an amnesty & have paid ZILCH whilst u have spent thousands.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:28 am
Mrtravelkay

doctor scrumpy wrote:
    >
    > 6 Get irritated
    > that said Latinos get legalised in an amnesty & have paid ZILCH whilst u
    > have spent thousands.
    >

The amnesty didn't just apply to certain ethnic groups. It applied to
all that met the requirements.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:58 am
AOS-LA District Office

mc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Rete
Yes, and I believe that google also lists the FAQ.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

Rete
Hi Melody!

VisaJourney is a great place to get answers!

Good luck!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Thank you Rete for the link. Should have looked there first.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Would you believe I had printed those pages months ago and was silly enough not to refer back to them?????

Must be a Monday indeed.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
doctor scrumpy wrote:
    >
    > 6 Get irritated
    > that said Latinos get legalised in an amnesty & have paid ZILCH whilst u
    > have spent thousands.
    >

The amnesty didn't just apply to certain ethnic groups. It applied to
all that met the requirements.

Why should it apply to any and not all ?