Wikiposts

Status from NCSC

Old Dec 17th 2003, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Status from NCSC

I called the NCSC for the first time yesterday. I was hoping to get more information on our case. We got an RFE, sent in documents, etc. and our case status has not changed since we got our NOA1. On the NCSC web site, it says that if 30 days have passed since your RFE documents were received, you should call the number shown.

So I called. I talked to a woman there who simply read me the online status that I could have looked up myself. I explained to her my situation and that I was following the instructions from the cis.gov web site. She kept telling me they were working on all apps prior to 9/19/03 and so were working on mine. I kept telling her I knew this and that I saw the processing reports that she was reading and that I wanted to know more, or if our case was now delinquent because it was over 30 days since our RFE. We went in circles on this several times. Finally, she submitted a status inquiry that will be mailed to me in 3 or 4 weeks.

What is the purpose of this service if all they can tell us is what we can find out online. I can read the web pages myself, they don't say very much. Has anyone ever gotten any useful information from the NCSC 800 number. My feeling is that calling this number is a complete waste of time.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Status from NCSC

glasgow,

Your experience calling the CIS Firewall sounds identical to mine.

I've been waiting for the response to my status inquiry since July. The system worked - for the CIS. The issue is now moot.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by glasgowm
I called the NCSC for the first time yesterday. I was hoping to get more information on our case. We got an RFE, sent in documents, etc. and our case status has not changed since we got our NOA1. On the NCSC web site, it says that if 30 days have passed since your RFE documents were received, you should call the number shown.

So I called. I talked to a woman there who simply read me the online status that I could have looked up myself. I explained to her my situation and that I was following the instructions from the cis.gov web site. She kept telling me they were working on all apps prior to 9/19/03 and so were working on mine. I kept telling her I knew this and that I saw the processing reports that she was reading and that I wanted to know more, or if our case was now delinquent because it was over 30 days since our RFE. We went in circles on this several times. Finally, she submitted a status inquiry that will be mailed to me in 3 or 4 weeks.

What is the purpose of this service if all they can tell us is what we can find out online. I can read the web pages myself, they don't say very much. Has anyone ever gotten any useful information from the NCSC 800 number. My feeling is that calling this number is a complete waste of time.