Reload this Page >

State department visa issuing delays

State department visa issuing delays

Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

TheMrs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State department visa issuing delays

IrishInUk
Hi, have you received your passport back, still waiting on mine. No response from embassy yet, I have emailed them on contact form.
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Clrsth is a jewel in the roughClrsth is a jewel in the roughClrsth is a jewel in the roughClrsth is a jewel in the rough

What does your status say? Just asking because mine has changed today from processing to issued visa. How long ago was your visa issued?
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Clrsth
What does your status say? Just asking because mine has changed today from processing to issued visa. How long ago was your visa issued?
Where do I check my status? What I have is a dx tracking number. Is there another status I need to be checking and if so, where do I check? My dx tracking number says invalid. The note on the dx letter says, the tracking number will show as invalid until embassy has processed visa and given it to courier.
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

My bad, I went to the ceac website and it says issued today 12th August. So I guess now they just need to hand it to courier. How long to wait now?
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:57 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheMrs
My bad, I went to the ceac website and it says issued today 12th August. So I guess now they just need to hand it to courier. How long to wait now?
Usually a couple of days.
Old Aug 12th 2014, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the ceac website and it says issued today 12th August.
Great! Perhaps you want to consider deleting the post in your new thread.

Ian
Old Aug 13th 2014, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Great! Perhaps you want to consider deleting the post in your new thread.

Ian
Great idea
Old Aug 15th 2014, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Clrsth is a jewel in the roughClrsth is a jewel in the roughClrsth is a jewel in the roughClrsth is a jewel in the rough

I had my interview on Monday, my ceac status was updated to issued late on the Tuesday and today I have received an email saying that gone to Royal Mail (I'm in Scotland so not gone to DX) and that mine will be sent 1-2 working days.
I'll update when arrives!

Clare
Old Aug 15th 2014, 3:07 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I had my interview on Monday, my ceac status was updated to issued late on the Tuesday and today I have received an email saying that gone to Royal Mail (I'm in Scotland so not gone to DX) and that mine will be sent 1-2 working days.
I'll update when arrives!

Clare
Wow, that's really quick! I had my interview yesterday and my case creation date changed to today's date but still says ready. The guy said that it'd take 2 weeks to get our passports back.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

I know, he said that to me too, but I'm hoping it'll arrive Monday so I can fly Tuesday - we are all packed and waiting to go!

Clare
Old Aug 15th 2014, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

I know, he said that to me too, but I'm hoping it'll arrive Monday so I can fly Tuesday - we are all packed and waiting to go!

Clare
Hi, I checked my tracking number on the dx website today and it said due for delivery on Monday 18th August. Bearing in mind, they said I would get an email and or text stating that the courier would deliver, i did not even get a text or email. If I had not checked gone to track, I wouldn't have known.
Anyway, I phoned dx customer service and asked if I can upgrade for a Saturday delivery and they told me it was £30. So I paid by card over the phone and they upgraded my dx delivery to be delivered tomorrow. Finally phew.!!!! Oh and I had to ask the man on the phone to send me a text confirming and then only I got a text message.
With that said, I encourage you to keep tracking. Only way to know. Lady at dx told me that they pick up passports from embassy once a day between 3 and 4 and it's not guaranteed you will receive a text or email confirming delivery. Imagine that.
My timeline for your reference since my interview
30th July 2014 - interviewed at embassy
12th August - visa printed
15th August - with courier
15th August - I upgraded as above.
And I Am only booking my flight when I physically have my passport, I have learnt not to trust these promised time frames from anyone. But I am sure I will fly out by Monday. At this point I cannot be concerned about ticket prices, especially after waiting for one year for this whole process.
Can't wait to hang my clothes up in my closet, sick of living out of a suitcase.
Good luck
Old Aug 15th 2014, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Wow, that's really quick! I had my interview yesterday and my case creation date changed to today's date but still says ready. The guy said that it'd take 2 weeks to get our passports back.
More like 3 weeks.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 8:04 pm
Hoppity hop...

More like 3 weeks.
For you, yes. No 2 timelines will be the same.

ETA - just checked mine now and it's changed to AP.

Last edited by BunnyGirl; Aug 15th 2014 at 8:20 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
For you, yes. No 2 timelines will be the same.

ETA - just checked mine now and it's changed to AP.
Good for you.
Got my passport today.
Good luck on the wait. Mine stayed on issued for three days until they gave it to dx.