Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

start K1 or get married in UK and apply for CR-1?

start K1 or get married in UK and apply for CR-1?

Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default Re: start K1 or get married in UK and apply for CR-1?

Originally Posted by GrappleGoddess
yes! I'll be in Durham
oh cool Were living in wilson NC, atm, about 45 mins from Durham but head into the triangle area about once a month for shopping and concerts etc
Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

GrappleGoddess is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britishspouse
oh cool Were living in wilson NC, atm, about 45 mins from Durham but head into the triangle area about once a month for shopping and concerts etc
Ha! I go for the Cheesecake Factory
Old Sep 6th 2011, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GrappleGoddess
Ha! I go for the Cheesecake Factory
mmm yeah I LOVE that place... I always have the bacon carbonara with peas.. its soo good. And the Red Velvet cheesecake.... omg heaven.

Mmmmm think im going to tell hubby we need a trip next weekend haha :P
Old Sep 9th 2011, 4:04 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely get married in the USA. The UK requires a 'Marriage Visit Visa' for non-EU citizens not already resident in the UK to marry there. The form is just as long-winded as the one for Fiances that intend to live in the UK! Very silly visa!