Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Stamping H1B visa in Canada

Wikiposts

Stamping H1B visa in Canada

Old Feb 26th 2001, 10:22 am
Sorin Varzaru

I have H1B status but no visa. I entered US with B1, got a status change to H1B, I was
never out of status. I'm planning to travel to Canada and while I'm there I plan to get my
H1B visa stamped.

Q1. Does anybody know or heard any rumors of people trying to get back in US with
"Automatic visa revalidation" having problems at the border (There is a law that
states that if you go to mexico or Canada, stay less then thirty days and maintain
non-imigrant intent you can return in US with a valid i-94) The reason I'm asking is
I'd like to have my rear end covered and be able to re-enter US in case the visa is
for some reson denied. I know that in theory you can, the question is, in practice,
anybody ever had a problem?

Q2. Anybody has any recent experience with getting their H1B stamp in other country then
theirs? How did it go, did they create any problems,etc.

Old Feb 28th 2001, 10:48 am
John Kao

>
to
    >
    >

You need to make appointment first before you go to the US consulate. Unless you are
Canadian PR.

>
    >
US
    >
a
    >
    >
    >
to
    >
theory
    >

You should be able to enter back to US with I94, I've done it several times, no
problem at all.

>
    >
other
    >

Did it several years back, there was no problems at all, make sure you bring all the
required documents.

>

Old Sep 29th 2002, 3:11 pm
itmen2k

Question B1 to H1 stamping Issue

I too have an issue. I came here in Us from India in B1 and changed to H1. I heard that if I go for stamping I may get refused(rejected). I an don't have any idea. Does any one have any information about that.

Thanks
Biju.

Originally posted by Sorin Varzaru:
I have H1B status but no visa. I entered US with B1, got a status change to H1B, I was
never out of status. I'm planning to travel to Canada and while I'm there I plan to get my
H1B visa stamped.

Q1. Does anybody know or heard any rumors of people trying to get back in US with
"Automatic visa revalidation" having problems at the border (There is a law that
states that if you go to mexico or Canada, stay less then thirty days and maintain
non-imigrant intent you can return in US with a valid i-94) The reason I'm asking is
I'd like to have my rear end covered and be able to re-enter US in case the visa is
for some reson denied. I know that in theory you can, the question is, in practice,
anybody ever had a problem?

Q2. Anybody has any recent experience with getting their H1B stamp in other country then
theirs? How did it go, did they create any problems,etc.