Stalled after NOA2

Old Oct 1st 2019, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Given2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stalled after NOA2

Hi all, just wondering if anybody else has had or is having a similar experience.

Out I-130 was finally accepted after almost a year with the Nebraska office, and my husband (USC) received the NOA2 dated August 6th, saying we'll hear from NVC within 30 days. So far, nothing. The online I-130 checker was updated August 30th, saying the file had been forwarded to the State Department.

It's now October 1st, and we've heard nothing further.

My husband emailed asking for an update around 10 days ago and hasn't even had a reply to that.

So frustrating. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get the ball rolling again?
Thanks.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stalled after NOA2

Would advise your husband to get in touch with his local congressman.

It's certainly worked for others.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

vivid291 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! I went through this same experience a few months back, so don't worry, you're not alone!
We submitted our I-130 last July 3rd, finally got the NOA from USCIS in Nebraska confirming its approval on July 2nd of this year and then didn't hear anything from NVC until September 4th. I rang and spoke to the NVC on two occasions in August and both times spoke to really nice guys. The first time I called was early August and I was told that USCIS hadn't forwarded them the paperwork yet and that it was taking USCIS a while to get things to them as they are currently so back-logged. The second time I called a few weeks later towards the end of the month, the guy told me it was nothing to be worried about, they now had my application and it was just in a processing queue with them. I then got my email from NVC allowing me to start online processing about a week after that.
I wouldn't mind betting that you'll hear any time now but to be sure, you could call NVC like I did. I waited AGES on the phone both times, and I mean over an hour per call, but honestly was worth the wait just for the peace of mind.
Hope this puts your mind at ease a little!
Old Oct 1st 2019, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Given2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Would advise your husband to get in touch with his local congressman.

It's certainly worked for others.
Thanks, I'll pass that on to him.

Originally Posted by vivid291
Hello! I went through this same experience a few months back, so don't worry, you're not alone!
Thanks, glad it's not just me. The wait is so frustrating, just looking forward to it being over with. I'll pass on your experience to my hubby and see what he wants to do to chase it up.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

vivid291 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ugh, I know, tell me about it! You should find that the next stage goes quickly. The day I got the email from NVC we paid our fees and finally had our documents done and submitted online last Wednesday and now just waiting for approval and an interview. We would have gotten it submitted sooner but had to wait for my ACRO police certificate so I'd suggest getting that done soon so you're not wasting more time waiting around for it. It took a good two weeks. If I'd had it done already we would've had everything done and submitted within a week after the email.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vivid291
Ugh, I know, tell me about it! You should find that the next stage goes quickly. The day I got the email from NVC we paid our fees and finally had our documents done and submitted online last Wednesday and now just waiting for approval and an interview. We would have gotten it submitted sooner but had to wait for my ACRO police certificate so I'd suggest getting that done soon so you're not wasting more time waiting around for it. It took a good two weeks. If I'd had it done already we would've had everything done and submitted within a week after the email.
Luckily I've got my ACRO certificate. Just need to sort out my medical records and get any jabs I need.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a huge delay in-between receiving our notification of interview and actual interview date, about 9 months of hearing nothing we reached out to our congressman and miraculously 3 weeks later we had our interview date, it definitely works and is worth doing.

I believe Tom169 had similar success with reaching out to his local congressperson too.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Good news. The email came from NVC today, so we can move on. Thanks for the advice guys.