Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa for the U.S.

Wikiposts

Spouse visa for the U.S.

Old Mar 20th 2009, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa for the U.S.

Originally Posted by PaulJane
Thats one thig I love about the U.S., theres an element of common sense that we just dont grasp over here!
I don't think I'd go so far to say that. There are plenty of things done/said/etc that absolutely are not based on common sense - hell look at the state of the economy. If anyone had ever said "hmm, perhaps betting that low income households will always be able to make their mortgages even when the ARM doubles their payment on a house they couldn't afford in the first place" we probably wouldn't have half the damn probs we have right now economy-wise.

Sorry, but I digress.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulJane
Thank you so much everyone, this all now makes perfect sense! I have other questions but not for here, they are more trivial questions.

This was a process that a was very wary of a few days ago but you have all made it seem so much better and straight forward.

meauxna, you hit the nail on the head with your reply, you answered my concerns really well. It suprises me that the immigration process is aimed at lower income families, I didnt think governments worked like that anymore! Thats one thig I love about the U.S., theres an element of common sense that we just dont grasp over here!

Anyhow, thanks again everyone, your help was seriously appreciated!
hahah.. that one gets a laugh out of me, too.

Glad to hear you're getting your head around it. It's really like learning a foreign language at first.. give yourselves time to let it all sink in.

I recommend that you move onto the first link in my signature now. The first method that you two should 'try' is filing in London. If the I-130 is accepted there, great. If not, you will still have plenty of time to file through a US Service Center.

The trick right now is finding an office (London or the US) that will take your wife's case.. they will bicker over where she is 'really' resident. But we've seen that before here, so hopefully can help you navigate.

Where abouts do you think you will head in the US?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

PaulJane is a name known to allPaulJane is a name known to allPaulJane is a name known to allPaulJane is a name known to allPaulJane is a name known to allPaulJane is a name known to allPaulJane is a name known to allPaulJane is a name known to allPaulJane is a name known to allPaulJane is a name known to allPaulJane is a name known to all

I should have known such a comment would bring a response

I guess there isnt a government in the world who understands their people entirely but I do feel that in the past the U.S. government has had a better idea than many, but thats just an ueducated opinion.

If we do use my in-laws as sponsors then for a short time we will end up back in NM, just south of Albuquerque but our intentions are to end up in Colorado, specifically Colorado Springs. I appreciate though that ordinarily that wouldnt be the easiest thing to do given what I have seen of Colorado Springs. It seems a more expensive area but it is absolutely beautiul and, unlike what I have found in Albuquerque, the people seem genuinely happy to live there!