Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Timeline - London

Spouse Visa Timeline - London

Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Timeline - London

Well fancy that, they did what you asked!

And who says they don't give good service.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

misterb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well fancy that, they did what you asked!

And who says they don't give good service.
am feeling overwhelmed by the efficiency of bureaucracy. it's a new feeling!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

cruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to all

Originally Posted by misterb
cruickies - all the best for your interview on the 30th!

So, an update...
Went to our appointment - got there 8.15 for an 8.30 appt. Waited nearly two hours before our number got called! Went through the paperwork with someone. Went to sit down again, waited another 45 mins and got called back, swore we had told the whole truth and nothing but...etc.
Then got told our kids would automatically get US citizenship when we arrive in the US and sent on our way!
Frustrations:
Not taking our phones as instructed and seeing everyone else pitch up with theirs.
Paying 75p for some crisps
Getting an email 2 days before the interview telling us we had to bring the kids and then not being asked anything about them at all
Entertaining the kids for 3 hours in a crowded room.
Being asked for 2 photos of everyone and then they only needed one (we still had one left from the medical!!!)

But hey...it's done and we are legit!
good luck everyone
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cruickies
Being asked for 2 photos of everyone and then they only needed one (we still had one left from the medical!!!)

But hey...it's done and we are legit!
good luck everyone
heheh.. congratulations! Sounds pretty par for the course.. phear not, there is a reason for everything.
Except the extra photos. I haven't figured out the reason for those yet... (we still have leftovers.. don't forget, you've got lots of other opportunities for more new, uglier photos of you down the line yet! )

PS: those bags of crisps cost that much in the 7-11 stores here too!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

AimeeMoHughes is just really niceAimeeMoHughes is just really niceAimeeMoHughes is just really niceAimeeMoHughes is just really niceAimeeMoHughes is just really niceAimeeMoHughes is just really niceAimeeMoHughes is just really niceAimeeMoHughes is just really nice

Hi there -

You can't use the londonconsular email address unless you have already called and spoken to someone on the phone. The person on the phone will then give you a certain code to put in the subject line which identifies when the email was sent so they can process them accordingly. Unfortunately, the only way to get information is to call that expensive number! When on your application form did you say that you wanted to travel? Sometimes that will delay when they assign you an interview date.

- A
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misterb
basically, on the checklist i sent off back in august i had to state my intended date of departure. i put down march 2008. so the embassy apparently put a delay on my file as they don't like to do the interview until fairly close to your departure date.
I guess the moral of that story is - put a preferred travel date of about 8-10 weeks away when you submit your visa application?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

misterb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
I guess the moral of that story is - put a preferred travel date of about 8-10 weeks away when you submit your visa application?
yeah i think that's probably right.

i've now been sent a date - fixed for 14th March! the consular info unit were very helpful. they replied to more than one of my emails, and helped me ensure i got the date early enough to go on vacation after the interview but before going to the usa.

i can definitely recommend using the london consular email address.