Wikiposts

Spouse visa

Old Apr 6th 2002, 10:04 am
Whitejul

Default Spouse visa

I just got my citizenship and I would like to speed up the paperwork for my spouse. I
filled an I-130 for him about a year ago when I was still a permanent resident, now I
just get naturalized and wonder what would I need to do to speed up the process.

Thanks for any advise

July

Old Apr 6th 2002, 4:50 pm
Whitejul

Default Re: Spouse visa

Any body read this post and have an input? thx

July

"WhiteJul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:NOJr8.8332$%[email protected]...
    > I just got my citizenship and I would like to speed up the paperwork for
my
    > spouse. I filled an I-130 for him about a year ago when I was still a permanent
    > resident, now I just get naturalized and wonder what would I
need
    > to do to speed up the process.
    >
    > Thanks for any advise
    >
    > July

Old Apr 8th 2002, 7:50 am
Liwen Liang

I am pretty sure you can sort of speed up your wife's priority date since you now are
a US citizen. You may want to call INS to find out the details.

When my parents became US citizens about 6 years ago, they were able to get my
brother's priority date become current; they petitioned for him when they first got
their green card, so he was green card holder's unmarried son. Once my parents became
US citizens, he immediatedly became US citizen's unmarried son. So he was able to get
his interview date within 3 months, I believe.

I don't exactly know what documents you have to sent to INS, but I would imagine a
copy of your natualization certificate, at least your wife's I130 case number or some
number. You should be able to call INS and find out the details.

Congratulations.

"WhiteJul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<YBPr8.9070$%[email protected]>...
    > Any body read this post and have an input? thx
    >
    > July
    >
    > "WhiteJul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:NOJr8.8332$%[email protected]...
    > > I just got my citizenship and I would like to speed up the paperwork for
    > my
    > > spouse. I filled an I-130 for him about a year ago when I was still a permanent
    > > resident, now I just get naturalized and wonder what would I
    > need
    > > to do to speed up the process.
    > >
    > > Thanks for any advise
    > >
    > > July
    > >
    > >

Old Apr 8th 2002, 11:50 am
Sylvia Ottemoel

WhiteJul wrote

> I just got my citizenship and I would like to speed up the paperwork for my spouse.
    > I filled an I-130 for him about a year ago when I was still a permanent resident,
    > now I just get naturalized and wonder what would I need to do to speed up the
    > process.

You can send in the copy to INS yourself, and ask that the conversion of your I-130
to the category "immediate relative" be recognized, and the petition adjudicated
immediately. However, it seems very unlikely to me that INS will join your request
with the petition (which would normally sit in a vast storage area for a few years,
at least at the California, Texas, and Vermont Service Centers).

I suggest that you get in touch with your Congressperson, and ask for help in filing
a copy of your naturalization certificate.

The fastest method may be for you to file a new I-130.

Old Apr 8th 2002, 10:50 pm
Jbh

There is absolutely nothing you can do to speed up the process. It could take up to
three years. I have been waiting 20 years for a green card. I am born in the USA, and
we have 2 American citizen children. Visit my website www.papaver.com and then throw
yourself off the nearest bridge. "Sylvia Ottemoeller" <[email protected]>
wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > WhiteJul wrote
    >
    > > I just got my citizenship and I would like to speed up the paperwork for
my
    > > spouse. I filled an I-130 for him about a year ago when I was still a permanent
    > > resident, now I just get naturalized and wonder what would I
need
    > > to do to speed up the process.
    >
    >
    >
    > You can send in the copy to INS yourself, and ask that the conversion of your I-130
    > to the category "immediate relative" be recognized, and the petition adjudicated
    > immediately. However, it seems very unlikely to me that INS will join your request
    > with the petition (which would normally sit in a vast storage area for a few years,
    > at least at the California, Texas, and Vermont Service Centers).
    >
    > I suggest that you get in touch with your Congressperson, and ask for help in
    > filing a copy of your naturalization certificate.
    >
    > The fastest method may be for you to file a new I-130.
    >