Wikiposts

Spouse visa

Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:51 am
Just Joined

koolguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Spouse visa

Hi,

My wife is not living with his father ( my father in-law)...

I dont understand your this line:

Remember that your father in law, being self-employed, cannot use the BUSINESS income on the I-864. It must be his own PERSONAL income.

What do you mean ?

Yes, he has got all tax documents and related information..

Also, does he need to fill out I-864A form too ? He is filling out I-864 separately so its not going to be an issue ...

Thanks,
Sam.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa

Originally Posted by koolguy
My wife is not living with his father ( my father in-law)...

Also, does he need to fill out I-864A form too ? He is filling out I-864 separately so its not going to be an issue ...

Thanks,
Sam.
If your wife and her father are not living in the same household, then her father just needs to do a separate I-864. He does NOT do an I-864A.

I will let JEff or someone else knowledgable comment on the use of business vs. personal income. I know what it means in my head but I'm afraid I can't explain it right, and you'll just get more confused.

Rene
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:01 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

S,

Many self-employed tend to confuse the business income with their personal income, figuring "I own the business, I am the business, the business' income is my income." No, it isn't.

The typical self-employed person who is a sole proprietor will fill out a Form 1040 Schedule C on which they report the business income and the expenses of running the business, ending up with a net profit (or loss). The resulting profit - hopefully it's a profit - is then reported on the Form 1040 as income, on which income tax is paid. This is the figure that goes on the I-864, because it's the person, not the business, that is sponsoring the immigrant.

Naturally, a self-employed person will treat as many of their expenses as possible as business expenses so as to minimize the business profit and thereby minimize the amount of personal income tax that they have to pay. What sometimes happens is that they will look at the business income and think that they are making plenty of money only to find out that because they loaded up on business expenses the resulting personal income is insufficient to sponsor.

Regards, JEff

I dont understand your this line:

Remember that your father in law, being self-employed, cannot use the BUSINESS income on the I-864. It must be his own PERSONAL income.

What do you mean ?

Thanks,
Sam.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Feb 18th 2009 at 10:07 am.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Sorry for asking you so many questions guys...

when I go for my visa interview in Sydney, Australia branch that time do I need to bring Australian police clearance or Indian police clearance.. At present I am Australian green card holder and planning to apply for Citizenship in June/ July this year...

Thanks,
Sam.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

when I go for my visa interview in Sydney, Australia branch that time do I need to bring Australian police clearance or Indian police clearance.. At present I am Australian green card holder and planning to apply for Citizenship in June/ July this year...

Thanks,
Sam.
Both. Indian, because it's your birth country, and Australian because you have lived there more than 1 year, right?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Sam.
Please go back to the link I gave you in post 21 -- everything is explained there.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I have been living in Australia for last 5 yrs...
Old May 6th 2009, 12:17 am
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Spouse visa

hello Guys,

I've submitted I-864 and DS-230 forms. Do you guys have any idea how long does it take ? When would I expect to get my interview call ?
Also can someone guide me what type of questions do they ask in interview ?

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks,
Sam.
Old May 6th 2009, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

hello Guys,

I've submitted I-864 and DS-230 forms. Do you guys have any idea how long does it take ? When would I expect to get my interview call ?

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks,
Sam.
Can someone guide me pls...

Thanks,
Old May 6th 2009, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do you guys have any idea how long does it take ?
Why are you asking the same questions over again? Rene answered this question in the first response in this thread.

When would I expect to get my interview call ?
Rene answered this question in her 3rd response to you.

Rene answered this question in her 3rd response to you.

Ian
Old May 6th 2009, 2:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

There is no 'call' for the interview. NVC will schedule you when your case is complete; expect up to two months from 'case complete' to interview.
You can research the types of quesitons here by searching for 'interview experience'. The questions are not tricks, they are just about you and your wife.

No one can tell you 'how long'.