Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

spousal visa Vs. Fiance

Wikiposts

spousal visa Vs. Fiance

Old Jun 7th 2001, 7:08 pm
T K

I am waiting almost for two years on my 2nd NOA from TSC for I-130(spousal visa) for
my wife. Now I live in WA state (my lawyer is still in Houston and still contact
me)and did not do a Damn thing about it. Better yet told me to tell my wife to go to
the American Embassy and ask for K-3 visa which I thought it has not exsit yet. Now,
I am almost convinced to file her I-129F to the Nabraska service center since I moved
to Seattle(11months ago). We got married on May 1999. Does it affect the I-130 by me
filing I-129f? Is it still possible to file after two years? .... 'What are my
chances Please someone with good advice ..... Thank you

Old Jun 7th 2001, 8:32 pm
Shelley

You cannot file the I-129f - it is only for fiancés, it cannot be used if you are
already married. Sorry. And if you are now living in Seattle - the service center for
that area is Nebraska. Shouldn't they be handling your case? If your case is in TSC -
they are currently processing cases from May 2000. NSC is processing cases from Nov.
2000. This would be a good time to call your congressman and have the status of your
case checked. Take Care. Shelley

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >