Spousal Visa

Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Ellie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to all
Default Spousal Visa

I have been living in US for almost 3 years but my American husband and I desperately want to move to the Uk. I have 4 kids living there, youngest is 14. I have tried to adjust to living here but I miss my family etc too much. I am unable to work due to illness. My question is re spousal visa. We would like to go straight way. He will need to find work etc. Are we able to get a visa,then move to Uk so that he can search for work or does he need a job already lined up. He has been applying but it is so hard living 6000. I will not be able to work due to chronic pain 24/7. We should be able to find the money to support ourselves for around 6 months. We will have to rent somewhere as I sold my house in the UK 3 years ago Will he be granted a spousal visa with these circumstances? Thank you
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Visa

One thing you need to be aware of, is that you'll need some kind of accommodation already available which you can indicate in the visa application.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:50 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Visa

You need to apply under category FLR(M) which falls outside the now quota-based tier system.

Like Roaringmouse said, in most cases you need to have documentary evidence of finance and a proof of residence in the UK as your husband will have no recourse to public funds and the process isn't cheap unfortunately.

He will have an open work permit for 2 years though and then can apply for something more fixed so it won't be all bad and with you already being married for some time, him being and American and the application going through the UK embassy in the US will mean that the chances of refusal will be slim.

Try www.immigrationboards.com