Spousal IR-1

Old Jan 12th 2019, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

jules1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal IR-1

Hi everyone

i am ukc married to my husband usc for six years. ( we married in the usa when i was there on a b1/2 ) i am retired after giving up work to care for my sick mother a few years ago. this is also the reason that i have never so far moved to the usa to live with my husband. i have visited the usa quite a few times where imiigration have asked me the puropse of my visit and i told them to see my husband ... they always asked me why we werent living together and i always told them i was a carer but i dont know if they ever record these answers. my mother passed away a year ago - i still have a lot of things to organise before i can sell her house etcetera but finally i am free to spend the rest of my life with husband

as we have been married the number of years we have i understand we apply for ir-1 rather than cr-1

i have looked on the uscis website and am pretty sure i understand the procedure but i wondered if theres a checklist or bullit pointed list of the whole procedure anywhere

also - as we are older people - ...husband is mid 60s i am mid 50s - is it likely to be harder for me to be approved to come over to the usa? my health is excellent .... ive been in and out of the usa for the last 30 years on a b1/2 and also have a trusted traveller number/global entry.

as far as poverty guidelines go .. i have a works pension ... he has a part time small paying job ..but our joint cash assetts are more than 5 times the poverty guidelines for a household of two.

is the process for ir-1 about the same timeline as cr-1?

sorry if im not awfully clear right now ...have actually been with my husband since 1992 and only now are we free enough from other responsibilities ( our own faults really neither of us are selfish enough ) to be able to start this process and i am delirious with excitement

thanks for reading
Old Jan 12th 2019, 6:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal IR-1

The CR-1 and IR-1 processes are identical, to the extent that if someone applies for and is granted a CR-1, if on the day they enter the US they have already passed their second wedding anniversary they will be admitted to the US as having an IR-1, and be granted a "full" (nor conditional) green card.

​​​​​​​If you already have more than five time the poverty level in assets then all other matters of jobs/employment, income, whether earned or otherwise are wholly irrelevant. I obtained my CR-1 on the basis of assets as my wife (USC) was living in London, so she had no relevant, on-going income, and I didn't have a documented job offer either. The process was very straightforward, based solely on savings/assets.
Old Jan 12th 2019, 6:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE.

From what you've written, you should not have any problem obtaining your IR-1 visa. We have a Wiki guide to the CR-1/IR-1 Visa process.

Rene
Old Jan 13th 2019, 5:58 am
Just Joined

jules1962 is an unknown quantity at this point

pulaski and noorah , thank you both