Wikiposts

Splitting up/help

Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

chris7033 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Splitting up/help

hi
i came to the US on a 10 year spouse visa joint sponser her/her parents and now my wife wants to split up
and is trying to kick me out soon i have a low paying job and cannot survive alone with the income i would also lose my car which i need for my job as i bought it with money i loaned of her family.. so no car means no Job and i cannot afford a ticket home right away..
she says she is ready to move to a friends house and leave me here in this APT and pay half my rent but even with that i have no way to pay power,fuel etc etc.
can anyone advise what to do ? or am i screwed?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:09 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Splitting up/help

Depending how long you have been here, I think you'll find that your sponsor (her/her parents) need to ensure you don't become a ward of the state for 40 quarters, or 10 years in real money. Someone will be along to give more info soon.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Splitting up/help

Originally Posted by chris7033
hi
i came to the US on a 10 year spouse visa joint sponser her/her parents and now my wife wants to split up
and is trying to kick me out soon i have a low paying job and cannot survive alone with the income i would also lose my car which i need for my job as i bought it with money i loaned of her family.. so no car means no Job and i cannot afford a ticket home right away..
she says she is ready to move to a friends house and leave me here in this APT and pay half my rent but even with that i have no way to pay power,fuel etc etc.
can anyone advise what to do ? or am i screwed?
You'll have to speak to a divorce attorney and show him the I-864 that your wife signed, and the I-864 that her parents as joint sponsor signed. As part of the divorce, you can ask that the sponsor(s) keep you maintained at 125% of the minimum poverty level of income (since you earn some money, they'd probably have to make up the difference to keep you at that level). See www.uscis.gov, Forms, I-864P for the exact amount. Here is the link: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Rene