Special case for traveling with k3 visa -- questions

Wikiposts

Special case for traveling with k3 visa -- questions

Old Aug 28th 2006, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Special case for traveling with k3 visa -- questions

Originally Posted by bk107
Right. But these quite basic principles are the ones that usually get overlooked, including in many postings and threads on this site. Another example is the popular alt.visa.us.marriage-based- k visa FAQ number 14.5

14.5)...Will I need to apply for Advance Parole in order to leave and
then reenter the United States?
A..Not as a K3/K4. You will need Advance Parole to reenter the United
States at any time after your **status** as K3/K4 has ended, but before
obtaining Permanent Residency.

Many official sites and sources are not much better.
Hi:

<sigh> Why, oh why, am I thinking of acronyms like "UPL" and flame wars past, expulsion from the list, and general expressions of hositility and defensiveness -- lets discuss the Middle East instead, why don't we?
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bk107
Another example is the popular alt.visa.us.marriage-based- k visa FAQ number 14.5

Many official sites and sources are not much better.

No, such animal. The FAQ you are referring to belongs to another site and has not been associated with, nor maintained by any members of the alt.visa.us.marriage-based news forum in several years.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
No, such animal. The FAQ you are referring to belongs to another site and has not been associated with, nor maintained by any members of the alt.visa.us.marriage-based news forum in several years.
Hi:

Your FAQ listing does have the caveats to that particular item.

However, the OP does have a point -- "your mileage may vary."

Perhaps you might consider putting in an additional caveat that FAQ's are just that -- FAQ's and that the answers are GENERAL and perhaps may not be applicable to a specific situation.

To be honest, I would have made the same general statements -- and OP is one of the reasons I'm scared of such general statements -- there can be that one teensy-weensy detail that changes everything. For example, being a Canadian living in Canada. In the OP's case, being a citizen of Iran.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 7:06 pm
Jason Jamrowski

Thank you very much for youe research, I really appreciate it. My question is that my wife has an expired K3 but has her I-94. We have our AOS interview appointment on Dec 8th in Cd Juarez Mexico. We have to cross the border for this appointment and I hear that instant approval in not common for them. Are there any recommendations, I wont hold anyone to their words, thanks.

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/