Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Spanish Translation Help!

Wikiposts

Spanish Translation Help!

Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:57 am
GiveMeStrength

Default Spanish Translation Help!

I know there are a lot of Spanish speakers on this NG and unfortunately my Spanish vocabulary is limited to common words, so I was wondering if someone can help me to translate the following, which is from an Argentine Police Certificate:

"Conste que: XXXXXX XXXXXX, quien justificara su identidad con XXXXXXX y cuya firma e impresion digito pulgar derecho, figura al pie se halla en condiciones para que se la extienda el presente, de acuerdo a las leyes expresadas, para ser presentado ante el Consulado Americano."

Thanks in advance!

Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:04 am
Joe

Default Re: Spanish Translation Help!

My spanish is better than my english, so other people in this forum might
want to verify this:

This is constancy that XXXXX XXXXX, whose identity is confirmed by the
following sign and fingerprints, has all the conditions to receive this
papers, in accordance to the expressed laws, to be present at the American
Consulate.

"GiveMeStrength" <member9740@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I know there are a lot of Spanish speakers on this NG and unfortunately
    > my Spanish vocabulary is limited to common words, so I was wondering if
    > someone can help me to translate the following, which is from an
    > Argentine Police Certificate:
    > "Conste que: XXXXXX XXXXXX, quien
    > justificara su identidad con XXXXXXX y cuya firma e impresion digito
    > pulgar derecho, figura al pie se halla en condiciones para que se la
    > extienda el presente, de acuerdo a las leyes expresadas, para ser
    > presentado ante el Consulado Americano."
    > Thanks in advance!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:08 am
Just Joined

rhenryx is an unknown quantity at this point

My spanish is better than my english, so other people in this forum might want to verify this:

This is constancy that XXXXX XXXXX, whose identity is confirmed by the following sign and fingerprints, has all the conditions to receive this papers, in accordance to the expressed laws, to be present at the American Consulate.

Originally posted by GiveMeStrength
I know there are a lot of Spanish speakers on this NG and unfortunately my Spanish vocabulary is limited to common words, so I was wondering if someone can help me to translate the following, which is from an Argentine Police Certificate:

"Conste que: XXXXXX XXXXXX, quien justificara su identidad con XXXXXXX y cuya firma e impresion digito pulgar derecho, figura al pie se halla en condiciones para que se la extienda el presente, de acuerdo a las leyes expresadas, para ser presentado ante el Consulado Americano."

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:57 am
Mrtravelkay

GiveMeStrength wrote:

> I know there are a lot of Spanish speakers on this NG and unfortunately
    > my Spanish vocabulary is limited to common words, so I was wondering if
    > someone can help me to translate the following, which is from an
    > Argentine Police Certificate:
    >
    >
    > "Conste que: XXXXXX XXXXXX, quien
    > justificara su identidad con XXXXXXX y cuya firma e impresion digito
    > pulgar derecho, figura al pie se halla en condiciones para que se la
    > extienda el presente, de acuerdo a las leyes expresadas, para ser
    > presentado ante el Consulado Americano."
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    >

The translation from babelfish.altavisa.com says

"It consists that: XXXXXX XXXXXX, who justified his identity with
XXXXXXX and whose company/signature and digito impression right thumb,
figure on the foot are in conditions so that extends the present it,
according to the expressed laws, to be presented/displayed before the
American Consulate."

It sounds like, in order to get a Police Cert, you need to present ID
and give them your signature and a digital thumb print.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Location: Philadelphia, Pa. USA/Salva formerly Argentinanow home Cuba
crews1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey D,

How long did it take for your fiance to obtain his pol cert? My fiance was told about 20 days.

Toria

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:12 am
GiveMeStrength

Originally posted by rhenryx
My spanish is better than my english, so other people in this forum might want to verify this:

This is constancy that XXXXX XXXXX, whose identity is confirmed by the following sign and fingerprints, has all the conditions to receive this papers, in accordance to the expressed laws, to be present at the American Consulate.

Rhenryx,

Thanks! Can someone else, verify that this is a close translation? The only thing that sounds a little weird is "This is constancy"... otherwise, I think it looks good.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:14 am
GiveMeStrength

Originally posted by crews1980
Hey D,

How long did it take for your fiance to obtain his pol cert? My fiance was told about 20 days.

Toria
T-

He actually has gotten 2 Police Certificates, one in March 2003 and the other in Nov 2003. Both times, they took him 2-3 days to get. This was in Rosario. I believe your beau is on Buenos Aires, right? It may take longer there?

Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:23 am
Just Joined

No, the police is not asking for an ID. They are just saying that the person meets all the conditions to get the document (from the police) to be presented at the american embassy. The police already verified the person identity by the sign and the fingerprint (they are letting the embasy know).

"Conste que" is an statement. I don't know the exact word in english, but it will be something like "I am letting know".

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay

It sounds like, in order to get a Police Cert, you need to present ID
and give them your signature and a digital thumb print.

Last edited by rhenryx; Feb 9th 2004 at 7:36 am.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:43 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

My shot at it would be:

"Let it be known that: XXXXXX XXXXXX, who proves their identity with XXXXXXX and whose signature and right thumb print feature below, is in condition to receive this, in accordance to the expressed laws, to be presented before/to the American Consulate."

I'm not very sure about the "is in condition to receive" part... maybe "fulfills the conditions to receive" is better?

I am mexican and sometimes our spanish usage differs from south american countries... maybe some other latin american would like to take a shot at it?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:50 am
Just Joined

I think your translation is perfect including "Fulfills the conditions to receive this". I will add 'document'

Originally posted by bequibar
My shot at it would be:

"Let it be known that: XXXXXX XXXXXX, who proves their identity with XXXXXXX and whose signature and right thumb print feature below, is in condition to receive this, in accordance to the expressed laws, to be presented before/to the American Consulate."

I'm not very sure about the "is in condition to receive" part... maybe "fulfills the conditions to receive" is better?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:58 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by rhenryx
I think your translation is perfect including "Fulfills the conditions to receive this". I will add 'document'

Thanks

I hesitated about that... I decided against adding it (even though it makes better sense with it) because I'm always afraid about altering (adding or substracting) beyond what's explicitly there. I'm very obsessive, but yeah, it makes better sense.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:40 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bequibar
Thanks

I hesitated about that... I decided against adding it (even though it makes better sense with it) because I'm always afraid about altering (adding or substracting) beyond what's explicitly there. I'm very obsessive, but yeah, it makes better sense.
Sometimes meaning is implied or derived without being explicitly present in the sentence.

Americans misunderstand my English due to this fact all the time..lmao
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:34 am
GiveMeStrength

Thanks to all of you! Especially to Bequibar and rhenryx for your helpful input!

Here's what I ended up with:

"Let it be known that: XXXXXX XXXXXX, who proves their identity with XXXXXXX and whose signature and right thumb print feature below, fulfills the conditions to receive this document, in accordance to the expressed laws, to be presented before the American Consulate."

Old Feb 9th 2004, 10:01 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance!
I am late!! sorry girlie!!
I wish I could have helped.. all the job is done now, sorry!!!
If you need any other translation.. PM me
Bequibar your translation is marvellous!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:50 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Thanks to all of you! Especially to Bequibar and rhenryx for your helpful input!

Here's what I ended up with:

"Let it be known that: XXXXXX XXXXXX, who proves their identity with XXXXXXX and whose signature and right thumb print feature below, fulfills the conditions to receive this document, in accordance to the expressed laws, to be presented before the American Consulate."
Perhaps it's supposed to have a different meaning but "in accordance to" sounds a little awkward to my ears. Perhaps it could be written as "in accordance with"?

Just a thought.