Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sorry...one more question. Filing I-130 in Houston

Wikiposts

Sorry...one more question. Filing I-130 in Houston

Old Nov 12th 2004, 7:24 am
Banned

Truth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really nice
Default Sorry...one more question. Filing I-130 in Houston

Hello again everyone.

Well now it seems because my wife filed the I-130 in London whilst on a student visa, that the petition is going to be rejected and we are going to have to re-file in Houston.

A quick check around says that the Houston office is only just processing petitions from June 2003. Say it isn't so?? Please don't tell me I won't be able to live and work with my wife until 2006...2007???

Does anyone know a faster way? I am here with her in the US on a 90 visitor visa and return to England in three weeks. What is the best course of action?

I REALLY appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks so much.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:07 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sorry...one more question. Filing I-130 in Houston

Originally Posted by Truth
Hello again everyone.

Well now it seems because my wife filed the I-130 in London whilst on a student visa, that the petition is going to be rejected and we are going to have to re-file in Houston.

A quick check around says that the Houston office is only just processing petitions from June 2003. Say it isn't so?? Please don't tell me I won't be able to live and work with my wife until 2006...2007???

Does anyone know a faster way? I am here with her in the US on a 90 visitor visa and return to England in three weeks. What is the best course of action?

I REALLY appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks so much.
Hi:

Filed at TSC, not Houston.

What about a K-3 while you are at it?

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your sruggle to be free." Paul Simon
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:11 am
Banned

Truth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really niceTruth is just really nice

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Filed at TSC, not Houston.

What about a K-3 while you are at it?

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your sruggle to be free." Paul Simon
Thanks for you help Folinskyinla, I apprecaite it. Would a K3 be quicker? Like everybody else on this forum I simply want to be with my loved one in the quickest possible time.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 2:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth
Well now it seems because my wife filed the I-130 in London whilst on a student visa, that the petition is going to be rejected .
Did you hear somthing back after the phone call? Any post delivered for your wife? Anyone who can check?
I wouldn't give up on London yet. But, that's me.