Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Some G235a Advice please

Wikiposts

Some G235a Advice please

Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Some G235a Advice please

Ok onto this fun form now!

I've been told that any forms I filled in could be returned for a whole host of reasons. To avoid this happening, would anyone be able to give me some advice on whether I have filled in the attached form in correctly (albeit with dummy information)

In particular, can I ask

a) Is it ok to fill it in on the computer for clarity (if I did it in black)
b) Do you x the tick boxes or tick them?
c) Do I put "None" where not applicable - I heard N/A would be sent back?
d) Have I filled in the form correctly - put everything in the right boxes and is it ok to use commas in addresses etc?
e) After finishing uni I did some crappy jobs (month here month there) until I got my existing one which I'm in 4 years later - do I need to mention these?
f) In the "other" bit is it ok to state "k1 visa"
g) I take it I have to fill in that dark box at the end even though I don't have an alien reg

Sorry for all the questions just want to do it right

thanks for you help in advance!

Andy
Attached Thumbnails Some G235a Advice please-g-32a.jpg  
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:48 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some G235a Advice please

Example forms laid out here...
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:57 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Andy,

a) Yes.
b) Up to you.
c) Put 'none' where the answer is none, put 'N/A' where the question is not applicable. But be sure that you understand the difference. (Hint - if you think a question is not applicable, think again.)
d) ...
e) You need to cover the most recent 5-year period.
f) What are you submitting the form in conjunction with?
g) Yes, and before you do review your item (c).

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
Ok onto this fun form now!

I've been told that any forms I filled in could be returned for a whole host of reasons. To avoid this happening, would anyone be able to give me some advice on whether I have filled in the attached form in correctly (albeit with dummy information)

In particular, can I ask

a) Is it ok to fill it in on the computer for clarity (if I did it in black)
b) Do you x the tick boxes or tick them?
c) Do I put "None" where not applicable - I heard N/A would be sent back?
d) Have I filled in the form correctly - put everything in the right boxes and is it ok to use commas in addresses etc?
e) After finishing uni I did some crappy jobs (month here month there) until I got my existing one which I'm in 4 years later - do I need to mention these?
f) In the "other" bit is it ok to state "k1 visa"
g) I take it I have to fill in that dark box at the end even though I don't have an alien reg

Sorry for all the questions just want to do it right

thanks for you help in advance!

Andy
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy,

If you're filling this in on your computer, and then printing it out, make sure to print all 4 pages of the document. You will end up with 4 identical pages printed out. Make sure each page has an original signature on it. It's OK to staple the 4 pages together when you send it in for filing.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:37 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

It appears that you've not put your mother's details in the right place - I take it that you are applying for the K1?

Your mother's information should be sited directly below your father's and not in the box underneath that.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
It appears that you've not put your mother's details in the right place - I take it that you are applying for the K1?

Your mother's information should be sited directly below your father's and not in the box underneath that.
Now that I look at it, I agree with Flyergirl. The Mother's information goes directly below the Father's information, and the blank for the Wife's information should say "NONE" since you're not married yet.

ene
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your help again!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Gah I hate filling in forms hehe

One last question here (I'm thinking about this too much)

Where it says "Show below last occupation abroad if not shown above" as mine will be shown above is it ok to leave it blank or do I have to put None

sorry to be a pest

Cheers

Andy
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
Gah I hate filling in forms hehe

One last question here (I'm thinking about this too much)

Where it says "Show below last occupation abroad if not shown above" as mine will be shown above is it ok to leave it blank or do I have to put None

sorry to be a pest

Cheers

Andy
Hi Andy,

You can write "same as above" and that will be fine.

Rene
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again!

You know when you stare at something and make it complicated when it isn't.. this is why I hate forms!

thanks for your kind help