Wikiposts

Some AOS questions

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some AOS questions

I am now happily setlling into life in the States and got married on the 20th. It was a fantastic day. Many thanks again to everyone that helped me while I was going throug hthe K-1 process.

I have a couple of questions for round 2 of the form filling saga! I have printed off the I-485, I-864, G-325A, I-765 and I-131 forms and have a few queries I want to run past you lot before I send them off incorrectly and waste time getting them sent back!

1) On the I-485 (and a few more forms) I'm asked for an A#? There is a number near the bottom of my K-1 visa in my passport that begins with an A. It's under "Annotation" underneath the date my petition was approved, is that the one I need to put down?

2) I assume the I-94 number is the long one on the top of the bit they rip off the bottom of the form and staple into your passport? Am I okay attaching a copy because I've been told never to lose that form?!

3) My "Current INS Status" presumably is "conditional resident" right?

4) It asks for a "Non-immigrant Visa Number". Is that the red number near the bottom right corner of my K-1 visa in the passport?

5) Lastly (I hear you sigh in relief!) on the I-131 form I have to put "Clas of admission". Any light people can shed would be greatly appreciated!!

I have no specific trips planned so I guess that I-131 form is for Advance Parole.

Thanks in advance for any help, good luck with everything.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:40 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Some AOS questions

Firstly, congrats on the marriage Paul!

Originally posted by Pauljarv
1) On the I-485 (and a few more forms) I'm asked for an A#? There is a number near the bottom of my K-1 visa in my passport that begins with an A. It's under "Annotation" underneath the date my petition was approved, is that the one I need to put down?
Yep, your 'A' number is followed by eight numbers.

2) I assume the I-94 number is the long one on the top of the bit they rip off the bottom of the form and staple into your passport? Am I okay attaching a copy because I've been told never to lose that form?!
Yep, again; the number is eleven digits long. Copies are acceptable so no worries.

I put K1 on my form. It'll be a while until you're a conditional (permanent) resident.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

no-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really nice

I am now happily setlling into life in the States and got married on the 20th. It was a fantastic day. Many thanks again to everyone that helped me while I was going throug hthe K-1 process.

I have a couple of questions for round 2 of the form filling saga! I have printed off the I-485, I-864, G-325A, I-765 and I-131 forms and have a few queries I want to run past you lot before I send them off incorrectly and waste time getting them sent back!

4) It asks for a "Non-immigrant Visa Number". Is that the red number near the bottom right corner of my K-1 visa in the passport?

5) Lastly (I hear you sigh in relief!) on the I-131 form I have to put "Clas of admission". Any light people can shed would be greatly appreciated!!

I have no specific trips planned so I guess that I-131 form is for Advance Parole.

yeah congrats to you two ! :-)
as answer to your questions :
1) yes put the A # that is under "Annotation" underneath the date my petition was approved

2)yes the I94 # is the long number on the top of your I94 card

3) your current INS status is : K1 or fiance(e) visa

4) the nonimmigrant visa number is the red number on your visa page

5) your class of addmission is K1

good luck and be happy !
A
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:26 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Paul,

3) Wrong. You haven't filed the I-485 yet - how can you possibly be a "conditional resident"?

5) Your visa was what?

I-131, in your circumstances, is for Advance Parole, but that has nothing to do with the fact that you have no specific trips planned.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you gona send in the vaccination supplement also?
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by cutenurse300
Are you gona send in the vaccination supplement also?
Yes I got pricked the day after I got here. I think there was a mix up at the medical centre in Boston as we paid a $25 deposit then the bill came to $160 (including the marriage blood work). We reminded them off the $25 we'd already paid and they phoned back a day or so later to tell us we owed them $10!! I didn't argue - no doubt they'll catch up with us.

I'm going to include copies of I-94 form, birth cert, passport, marriage cert and it says somethign about police checks so I was going to attach a copy of the UK police cert too.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes I got pricked the day after I got here. I think there was a mix up at the medical centre in Boston as we paid a $25 deposit then the bill came to $160 (including the marriage blood work). We reminded them off the $25 we'd already paid and they phoned back a day or so later to tell us we owed them $10!! I didn't argue - no doubt they'll catch up with us.

I'm going to include copies of I-94 form, birth cert, passport, marriage cert and it says somethign about police checks so I was going to attach a copy of the UK police cert too.

Do you live in MA also?(Boston)
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Do you live in MA also?(Boston)
Yeah, I'm in Medford. Has it been cold enough over here for you?

Where did you send your forms off to? I looked at dates before I went and the Government Center (I'm trying to get used to spelling things the other way!) seemed way quicker. Problem is now I checked the dates again and there were no timescales for the EAD and Advanced Parole forms! I was wondering if they don't process tham anymore. What did you do?
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm in Medford. Has it been cold enough over here for you?

Where did you send your forms off to? I looked at dates before I went and the Government Center (I'm trying to get used to spelling things the other way!) seemed way quicker. Problem is now I checked the dates again and there were no timescales for the EAD and Advanced Parole forms! I was wondering if they don't process tham anymore. What did you do?
Exactly.since february 2004,they don t process them anymore at the local Boston office,you can look it up at the BCIS homepage,it takes currently about 4,5 months to get the AP and EAD.Good luck!!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Exactly.since february 2004,they don t process them anymore at the local Boston office,you can look it up at the BCIS homepage,it takes currently about 4,5 months to get the AP and EAD.Good luck!!!
So you sent the forms to Vermont? What else did you put in with the forms (sorry to be a pain - if it's taking that long I don't want to mess things up!)
Old Mar 24th 2004, 4:11 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

So you sent the forms to Vermont?
Only those of us that live in MD can file our AOS through Vermont.

Check out Districts and Sub-Offices by State for information on where to send your forms.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Only those of us that live in MD can file our AOS through Vermont.

Check out Districts and Sub-Offices by State for information on where to send your forms.
Hmm I'm confused now! My local Boston office are supposedly no longer processing EAD and AP forms but I can't go through Vermont. Should I just post everything to Boston then they get sent to the relevent place from there? The last thing I want to do is waste time or even worse have my forms get lost in the system somewhere. What did other Boston immigrants do?
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:22 am
Former Blonde

Behold - an answer! LOL

Adjustment of Status/Permanent Residence

For those applicants wishing to submit applications for adjustment of status (I-485) to the Boston office, please note effective February 13, 2004, the Boston district will no longer process I-130/I-485 applications or any application submitted in conjunction with an I-485. This includes I-765 employment applications and I-131 travel permission applications. We will accept the applications by mail or in person, with fees attached and forward them daily to the National Benefit Center in Chicago, Illinois for processing. You will receive a filing receipt from that office within 21 days. All employment documents and travel documents will be mailed directly to you from the National Benefit Center. Residency interviews will still be conducted locally once the case is transferred back to Boston. Any employment or parole applications for cases currently pending here in Boston must also be sent by us to Chicago.
Â_
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Hmm I'm confused now! My local Boston office are supposedly no longer processing EAD and AP forms but I can't go through Vermont. Should I just post everything to Boston then they get sent to the relevent place from there? The last thing I want to do is waste time or even worse have my forms get lost in the system somewhere. What did other Boston immigrants do?
Good questions cos I will be sending in my forms in 3 weeks time

I think to the Government Centre in Boston but i could be totally wrong!

Good Luck xx
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Good questions cos I will be sending in my forms in 3 weeks time

I think to the Government Centre in Boston but i could be totally wrong!

Good Luck xx
I m gona send in all my forms for the AOS to Boston.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.