Wikiposts

Some Advice Please

Old Oct 8th 2006, 3:40 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light
Default Some Advice Please

I know this will have been covered many times before but my head is so full of cottonwool at the mo that I am having real difficulty.

I am due to fly back to the UK for good from Toronto on Wednesday. I am taking 2 large suitcases with me but will have about 4 packing boxes to arrange to be shipped back.

Any ideas please for the shipping part on:

a) who to contact

b) how does it work at the other end, ie will I need to collect them from somewhere or can it be delivered direct to where I am staying etc

c) do I have to pay a duty or whatever on my goods to follow

d) do I have to arrange to 'clear' my goods at customs or whatever

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IceMaiden.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Advice Please

Originally Posted by IceMaiden
I know this will have been covered many times before but my head is so full of cottonwool at the mo that I am having real difficulty.

I am due to fly back to the UK for good from Toronto on Wednesday. I am taking 2 large suitcases with me but will have about 4 packing boxes to arrange to be shipped back.

Any ideas please for the shipping part on:

a) who to contact

b) how does it work at the other end, ie will I need to collect them from somewhere or can it be delivered direct to where I am staying etc

c) do I have to pay a duty or whatever on my goods to follow

d) do I have to arrange to 'clear' my goods at customs or whatever

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IceMaiden.
Wow, you're moving back on Wednesday and you haven't arranged shipping yet? I believe there are some links to shipping companies in the UK Useful Links thread that is pinned at the top of the forum. Other than that you can just do a web search for international shipping companies in Canada. However, I'm wondering if they will be able to fit you in at such short notice. If they can't, then you might just want to use FedEx or an equivalent seeing as it's only four boxes. Either way, you can have the stuff sent right to your UK address, and do not need to clear customs in person. You can import household goods over six months old without paying any duty.

I hope that helps a little bit. Good luck with the move!
Old Oct 8th 2006, 8:44 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Some Advice Please

Originally Posted by Always21
Wow, you're moving back on Wednesday and you haven't arranged shipping yet? I believe there are some links to shipping companies in the UK Useful Links thread that is pinned at the top of the forum. Other than that you can just do a web search for international shipping companies in Canada. However, I'm wondering if they will be able to fit you in at such short notice. If they can't, then you might just want to use FedEx or an equivalent seeing as it's only four boxes. Either way, you can have the stuff sent right to your UK address, and do not need to clear customs in person. You can import household goods over six months old without paying any duty.

I hope that helps a little bit. Good luck with the move!
Thanks. There's no prob with the short time span. The stuff will be shipped after I leave. I am just not sure who to contact at this end. I am returning to the Uk after 7mths in Canada.

Thanks for your reply.