Wikiposts

So NOW what do I do???

Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default So NOW what do I do???

OK so some of you might remember that I have my parents staying with me for what seems like an eternity but is actually only 30 days. They have finally agreed to go away for 3 nights and my Aunt in the UK e-mails me this morning to tell me that my Mum's Uncle has just died.
I never met the guy but my Mum is quite close to her Aunt and obviously will be worried about her...my dilemma....do I ruin my Mum's weekend away (to celebrate her birthday) and tell her about the death or do I keep quiet until they return here early next week.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:06 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So NOW what do I do???

I'd tell her.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:09 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lisa67
OK so some of you might remember that I have my parents staying with me for what seems like an eternity but is actually only 30 days. They have finally agreed to go away for 3 nights and my Aunt in the UK e-mails me this morning to tell me that my Mum's Uncle has just died.
I never met the guy but my Mum is quite close to her Aunt and obviously will be worried about her...my dilemma....do I ruin my Mum's weekend away (to celebrate her birthday) and tell her about the death or do I keep quiet until they return here early next week.
i'd have to tell her, there will be the funeral etc that your Mum probably would want to attend anyway...

RIP Uncle

Last edited by TruBrit; Nov 14th 2008 at 1:11 am.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I agree, I'd tell her. In her place, I wouold be very upset to be off enjoying myself, and not having known.

And my honest opinion - it isn't really your right to keep it from her, she has the right to know. I do understand your motivation is the best... but I still think you need to tell her.

I'm sorry about your uncle.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:18 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I would ask the Aunt who sent you the info for advice ...
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh Lisa thats a toughie.. I think you need to tell her... so sorry to hear about your great-uncle xxx
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for the advice. I think I'll tell her. I hadn't even met the guy but I know my Mum thinks a lot of him and her Aunt.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck sweetie xx
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Wait till she comes back ..... bad news is enough without ruining the away time

Sorry about your Uncle
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

So I told her and although she's very upset but she's glad I told her...one of those times when you realise how far away from family we really are.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

So I told her and although she's very upset but she's glad I told her...one of those times when you realise how far away from family we really are.
i would have given the aunt the number and got her to tell her....

i am a coward about death. scares the living shite out of me. I still at 43 am petrified of cemetries, ghosts i still beleive in. awful.