Wikiposts

So fast!!

Old Nov 12th 2009, 11:00 pm
Irritant

merz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud of
Default Re: So fast!!

Hi Tracey, I took another look at the questions and answers on page 2 of the instructions. Seems to say it's fine to have it earlier than the interview-sorry can't c & p as I'm using my iPod and don't even think I can! http://travel.state.gov/medical/LND-...-0001-0808.pdf

Sorry if link doesn't work!

Merz

Last edited by merz; Nov 12th 2009 at 11:02 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merz
Well now I deffo will call to check they have it!
I don't know any way to check that by phone....the number for the [mis] information line is not the embassy, it's a collection of ill-informed paid script-readers who know less than nothing about anything.

The amount of folks who ring that number and get fed totally incorrect information is staggering.

I wouldn't worry about it....if you gave the doc your case number....and it was weeks ago.....the embassy has it.

I'd say you're in good shape to get the passport back within 3 working days of interview, if you pay for the next-day courier service. You must be at home to sign for the parcel, by the way.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 12:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
All you fonts of great knowledge...
I prefer Times New Roman for my knowledge, but Verdana also works well.

Ian
Old Nov 13th 2009, 3:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I was told you had to wait until you had the appointment from the Embassy to book the medical, due to reference numbers to match the medical to your paperwork?
T, you need your *case number* from London to make your medical appointment. You don't need the interview appt. set.
You know I always get curious... you were told by.. ????

Well if it can be done I'll do it?

All you fonts of great knowledge, any suggestions, although I will herewith state that not be taking any advise from RTI!

Tracey.
lol, that's the spirit! Julia will be pleased to know she lives on in infamy.

Now, when you are bored, search for the 'hello' thread from user Guinevere.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 7:48 am
Irritant

merz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
I don't know any way to check that by phone....the number for the [mis] information line is not the embassy, it's a collection of ill-informed paid script-readers who know less than nothing about anything.

The amount of folks who ring that number and get fed totally incorrect information is staggering.

I wouldn't worry about it....if you gave the doc your case number....and it was weeks ago.....the embassy has it.

I'd say you're in good shape to get the passport back within 3 working days of interview, if you pay for the next-day courier service. You must be at home to sign for the parcel, by the way.

Thanks for that info BG,

I caved in and called the Knightsbridge doctors and they said my results had been delivered to the Embassy on 14th Oct.

I checked on the DX courier website and they offer a 'before 8am' delivery service which would be perfect. They are quoting 5 business days average time.

So....Thursday 3rd interview, flying out early 11th Friday, glad it sounds do-able in 5 clear days...fingers and toes crossed.

I am mentally preparing myself for a problem, but really hoping for the best!

Promise to post pics if I pull it off

Merz
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Promise to post pics if I pull it off
Not the kind that would make us throw beads though, m'kay?
Old Nov 13th 2009, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

meauxna,

I think I've confused, case numbers, contacting the Embassy prior to them receiving your paperwork from the NVC and numerous other things, I have the familiar to most on here brain condition known as immigration red tape is sending me senile before my time!

Thanks for the advice, I'll book the medicals on Monday.

Off to search for that post now.

Tracey.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

I checked on the DX courier website and they offer a 'before 8am' delivery service which would be perfect. They are quoting 5 business days average time.
I got mine back in 6 working days from interview - and that was with having my medical the day before the interview.....so presuming that the medical results took 3 days to get to the embassy, it took a max of only 4 days from visa being fixed into passport to visa in hand. I didn't pay extra for expedited delivery, either.

I'd say that if you're approved, the chances are 80% or above that you'll get the passport in time.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 11:36 pm
Irritant

Originally Posted by meauxna
Not the kind that would make us throw beads though, m'kay?
Haha! Can't promise that. If I do make it I will be getting VERY drunk

Merz
Old Nov 14th 2009, 11:40 pm
Irritant

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
I got mine back in 6 working days from interview - and that was with having my medical the day before the interview.....so presuming that the medical results took 3 days to get to the embassy, it took a max of only 4 days from visa being fixed into passport to visa in hand. I didn't pay extra for expedited delivery, either.

I'd say that if you're approved, the chances are 80% or above that you'll get the passport in time.
You are giving me great hope here, I really appreciate it. I am a lot less stressed now, just going to hope for the best

Merz
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:15 am
Irritant

Quick update, I have my passport with my lovely visa!!!!Woo Hooo!!
The courier arrived at 8.10am this morning, and I have TRIPLE checked all the details, resisted the urge to open the MBE and bought a new backpack to celebrate.

I have my disguise, the room, the tickets.

I'ts all systems go!
Extra drama today when hubby was freaking out over a burst water pipe and was insisting that he wouldn't be able to go

We got over that by 4pm and I am all chilled.

Wish me luck, flying Friday morning, will deffo post pics!

Merz
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Cant wait for the pics!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

All the best for the trip Merz!

Let us know how gobsmacked he was when you showed up heheheh.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 9:29 am

I love it when a plan comes together!!! Have a wonderful time, and throw down a drink for me, won't you?
Old Dec 9th 2009, 9:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I think your plan is so cool, I can't wait to hear the results!

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.