Wikiposts

So fast!!

Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:24 am
Irritant

merz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud of
Default So fast!!

Wow this process has been way quicker than I thought.
Husband filed I-130 for me on 2nd July and I have just found out I have an interview on 3rd December! Fabulous news of course but now I really am having a panic because...

...friends have arranged a surprise birthday for my Husband, they are all going to New Orleans (our fave place) and he thinks I cannot go.
However, when this was being organised I arranged to fly in for a few days11-13th Dec and appear in disguise with my friend and surprise him.
All his friends are in on it, as is half of N.O. I know in the big picture it isn't much to miss but I would so love to go ahead and attend.

Ok long story short, I wasn't expecting to be flying into Atlanta on that date with a CR1 in my passport and having to do the whole POE thing.

I am worried about:
The time it takes at POE in Atlanta (to catch connecting flight to N.O.)
What may be made of the fact I am staying only 2 nights.
The fact my Husband doesn't know I am arriving...does it matter?
Rescheduling, can I choose an alternative or will I be given another random date?

I am being a little hysterical, I know...

Your advice is always welcome and constantly needed!

Merz
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:38 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So fast!!

Allow three hours for your connection, to be conservative. It only takes 15 minutes in front of an officer, but how long to wait for YOUR 15 minutes?

Nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Have a stable US address available at the POE (if different from what DS-230 says) so they can mail your Green Card & SS card.

Nope, they won't be aware of that. And it shouldn't matter.
If you're super paranoid, you can carry emails that discuss the surprise party.

Rescheduling, can I choose an alternative or will I be given another random date?

You can't choose a specific date for a reschedule, but London has been good about rescheduling interviews in the past.

Sounds like a blast! Try to make it happen!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

YOU ARE SO LUCKY I WISH IT WAS ME, I'm 3 days behind you, but we've heard nothing!

Good luck!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:48 am
Irritant

merz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna

Allow three hours for your connection, to be conservative. It only takes 15 minutes in front of an officer, but how long to wait for YOUR 15 minutes?

Nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Have a stable US address available at the POE (if different from what DS-230 says) so they can mail your Green Card & SS card.

Nope, they won't be aware of that. And it shouldn't matter.
If you're super paranoid, you can carry emails that discuss the surprise party.

You can't choose a specific date for a reschedule, but London has been good about rescheduling interviews in the past.

Sounds like a blast! Try to make it happen!

Oh God I'm dying here and the one person I want to ask I can't! Arrgh!

Meauxna, I have 2.5 hours between flights and last time I missed a flight at Atlanta (just waiting to go through immgration) they put me on the next flight, so may risk it..

I so want to do this, thank you for the advice..
merz

Last edited by merz; Nov 12th 2009 at 6:52 am. Reason: Can't spell :)
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:51 am
Irritant

Originally Posted by traceym
YOU ARE SO LUCKY I WISH IT WAS ME, I'm 3 days behind you, but we've heard nothing!

Good luck!

Tracey, I am sure it won't be long...I called NVC on monday and they said call back Thursday, I called a few hours ago and they gave me the date. I have not had email yet.
I hope it will be soon for you, I know the waiting kills!
Merz
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, tick tock, tick tock, I'm sure you know what I mean!

Hope you make it!

Tracey.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merz
Wow this process has been way quicker than I thought.
Husband filed I-130 for me on 2nd July and I have just found out I have an interview on 3rd December! Fabulous news of course but now I really am having a panic because...

...friends have arranged a surprise birthday for my Husband, they are all going to New Orleans (our fave place) and he thinks I cannot go.
However, when this was being organised I arranged to fly in for a few days11-13th Dec and appear in disguise with my friend and surprise him.
All his friends are in on it, as is half of N.O. I know in the big picture it isn't much to miss but I would so love to go ahead and attend.

Ok long story short, I wasn't expecting to be flying into Atlanta on that date with a CR1 in my passport and having to do the whole POE thing.

I am worried about:

I am being a little hysterical, I know...

Your advice is always welcome and constantly needed!

Merz
What a lovely, romantic plan Hopefully, your husband never pops in and reads here

What will you do if you go for your interview on the 3rd, but don't have your passport back by the 11th?
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:46 am
Irritant

Originally Posted by rebs
What a lovely, romantic plan Hopefully, your husband never pops in and reads here

What will you do if you go for your interview on the 3rd, but don't have your passport back by the 11th?

Errrrrrrrrrrr didn't even think of those eventualities!

Hopefully Hubby won't come peeking..he knows I am a member here but hasn't had a look yet.
Ok problems number 4and 5 :

Will I get my passport back by then?

Is there any reason why I would not?

I have to have a gameplan soon..

Merz
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merz
Errrrrrrrrrrr didn't even think of those eventualities!

Hopefully Hubby won't come peeking..he knows I am a member here but hasn't had a look yet.
Ok problems number 4and 5 :

Will I get my passport back by then?

Is there any reason why I would not?

I have to have a gameplan soon..

Merz
I'm sure someone more expert will come along soon, but I know I've seen threads where passports have taken longer than expected to get back after visa approval.

If you get approved, is it possible to delay getting the visa put in the passport - ie go the interview but leave with your passport in your hand then send it back for the visa - I don't even know if that's possible
Old Nov 12th 2009, 8:11 am
Irritant

Originally Posted by rebs
I'm sure someone more expert will come along soon, but I know I've seen threads where passports have taken longer than expected to get back after visa approval.

If you get approved, is it possible to delay getting the visa put in the passport - ie go the interview but leave with your passport in your hand then send it back for the visa - I don't even know if that's possible

Crap, if that happens I just won't go. I will tell all his friends to say nothing and let him enjoy the weekend.

I will tell him at Christmas if BA let me have him...

merz
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

No, at the interview you must leave your passport with the officer for the visa to be inserted.

One thing you have going for you is that you're in London, so you're close to the doctors' offices they use. If you haven't had your medical yet, see if you can pull that forward and have it as soon as possible. That way they will already have the results by the time of your interview, and so if you are approved you'll get your passport back quickly.

I believe you can pay extra to the courier for a next-day service too, that should shave off another day or two.

In short, it's do-able, but get that medical done ASAP.

How awesome if it comes off - not only does he not know you'll be at the party....but also you won't have to be apart anymore....nice.

Oh and if you think he's going to get onto the forum in a day or two....and you have all the answers you need here....you can ask a moderator to just delete the thread.

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Nov 12th 2009 at 9:55 am.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:02 pm
Irritant

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
No, at the interview you must leave your passport with the officer for the visa to be inserted.

One thing you have going for you is that you're in London, so you're close to the doctors' offices they use. If you haven't had your medical yet, see if you can pull that forward and have it as soon as possible. That way they will already have the results by the time of your interview, and so if you are approved you'll get your passport back quickly.

I believe you can pay extra to the courier for a next-day service too, that should shave off another day or two.

In short, it's do-able, but get that medical done ASAP.

How awesome if it comes off - not only does he not know you'll be at the party....but also you won't have to be apart anymore....nice.

Oh and if you think he's going to get onto the forum in a day or two....and you have all the answers you need here....you can ask a moderator to just delete the thread.
Thanks BG,
I have been awake since 5am thinking about this.

I had my medical last month so that should all be at the Embassy already. I don't have to check they received it, do I?

It will be such a great birthday surprise if it works out. I got the email confirmation this morning and there is nothing else it say I need to bring so fingers crossed it will be fairly straightforward, and I will post the 'experience' afterwards.

I remember Atlanta being a REALLY busy airport...Do you think a 'fainting fit' will get me seen any quicker?

Merz
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Merz,

How did you get the medical done? I was told you had to wait until you had the appointment from the Embassy to book the medical, due to reference numbers to match the medical to your paperwork?

I'll do anything to speed it up if I can.

Tracey.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:36 pm
Irritant

Originally Posted by traceym
Merz,

How did you get the medical done? I was told you had to wait until you had the appointment from the Embassy to book the medical, due to reference numbers to match the medical to your paperwork?

I'll do anything to speed it up if I can.

Tracey.

I called them and asked. I said I had my case number ( the LND no) but not had the appointment for interview yet.
They had availability the same week but I went a few weeks later.

Well now I deffo will call to check they have it!

Merz
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well if it can be done I'll do it?

All you fonts of great knowledge, any suggestions, although I will herewith state that not be taking any advise from RTI!

Tracey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.