Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Small change to DCF (London) process

Small change to DCF (London) process

Old May 5th 2016, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

littledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Small change to DCF (London) process

Hi there,

In case anyone else is going through the DCF process, there's been a small change to the process... (I think for both CR1 and K visas)

Previously once you'd submitted the notification of readiness, you'd get a letter with the appointment (interview) date. Now (from 3rd May) you are instructed to book your own interview.

See Step 5 here:
https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/famil...ow-to-apply-2/

Having said that, I have tried to book my interview (as instructed) and it didn't work for me... Hopefully will be resolved soon though.
Old May 5th 2016, 12:29 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small change to DCF (London) process

Step 5 – Once you have submitted the Notification of Applicant Readiness online form in Step-4 above, you should schedule the visa interview and pay the MRV application fee. Appointments are scheduled online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv. Your passport will be returned to you by the Embassy approved courier service. To ensure that there are no delays with the delivery, you must register with courier at the time you schedule the appointment.
They've added the same thing into the K1 route.

Hope they still send me my letter in the next couple of weeks since surely only people receiving an updated letter of notification of them receiving a new case would know about the change if you hadn't of posted this.

I was going to confirm tomorrow that the medical info was sent to them so should know if something is wrong if i don't hear anything in a couple of weeks. The Consular website has my status updated to ready as of the 4th may so they should be just waiting on the medical before issuing the appointment.
Old May 5th 2016, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

littledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mangaboy84
They've added the same thing into the K1 route.

Hope they still send me my letter in the next couple of weeks since surely only people receiving an updated letter of notification of them receiving a new case would know about the change if you hadn't of posted this.

I'm doing CR1. I haven't had my letter yet either (was expecting it any day as I submitted notification of readiness mid April), but I went ahead and emailed them to ask if the change would affect me, and they said to go ahead and book via the system, as that's what the (new version of the) letter would instruct me to do.

Which I have done - so I have my interview date now. Which is great.

But I am annoyed that if I hadn't of emailed them (or noticed the change) I wouldn't have got my letter yet, so wouldn't have known to do that. And in the meantime all the earlier dates are being booked by those people who are a little later in the process (ie. notification after 3 May) and are therefore able to just book straight away.

Or people who happen to have noticed the change...

I'm sure it won't matter to some people - but for others every day counts.
Old May 5th 2016, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by littledorrit
I'm doing CR1. I haven't had my letter yet either (was expecting it any day as I submitted notification of readiness mid April), but I went ahead and emailed them to ask if the change would affect me, and they said to go ahead and book via the system, as that's what the (new version of the) letter would instruct me to do.

Which I have done - so I have my interview date now. Which is great.

But I am annoyed that if I hadn't of emailed them (or noticed the change) I wouldn't have got my letter yet, so wouldn't have known to do that. And in the meantime all the earlier dates are being booked by those people who are a little later in the process (ie. notification after 3 May) and are therefore able to just book straight away.

Or people who happen to have noticed the change...

I'm sure it won't matter to some people - but for others every day counts.
I'm really annoyed by this too especially as we're going for medical reasons and it now looks like the first appt is 2 days before we were hoping my dh would be able to leave the UK. If they would have sent the appt by post in the scheduled '4-5 weeks' that was previously the case, we would have been fine.
Old May 5th 2016, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Wow - that's really hard... There is an option (if you book online) to request an expedited service. It does appear to really only be for extremely urgent cases - but it may be worth trying anyway?
Old May 5th 2016, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by littledorrit
Wow - that's really hard... There is an option (if you book online) to request an expedited service. It does appear to really only be for extremely urgent cases - but it may be worth trying anyway?
We did and it worked! PTL! I am so relieved. It's great that they put that option on there. I think it also helped that we had a congressman email the embassy last week also requesting our case be expedited with details of why...
Old May 5th 2016, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Devakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond repute

Is this just for K and CR-1 visa's? Just wondering as husband had medical yesterday. We submitted the Notice of readiness the day after making the medical appointment and sent the DS-260 the end of March......His visa will be IR-1......they make things so confusing sometimes.....will they send a letter telling him to book his interview?
Old May 6th 2016, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Devakiri
Is this just for K and CR-1 visa's? Just wondering as husband had medical yesterday. We submitted the Notice of readiness the day after making the medical appointment and sent the DS-260 the end of March......His visa will be IR-1......they make things so confusing sometimes.....will they send a letter telling him to book his interview?
Once the embassy has his medical, they should send you an email telling you to book an appt online. You could go ahead and try to book as it will simply say 'not ready' if you're trying too soon.
Old May 6th 2016, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

agent welsh is an unknown quantity at this point

My Dh was able to book on-line last night. Give it a try and see if it works for him.
Old May 6th 2016, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Devakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure he can do it yet as none of the selections applies to him....we will wait a few days and see what happens.......and I am really not sure how to try and book it....sorry.....his is an IR-1 visa, we have been married for 6 years.
Old May 6th 2016, 11:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... his is an IR-1 visa...
The process is exactly the same as for a CR-1.

Ian
Old May 6th 2016, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The process is exactly the same as for a CR-1.

Ian
Thank you Ian....after reading the posts over again and more slowly this time I think I now have the concept of how it works.....my brain sometimes does not think as well as it should especially after going to London.....
Old May 6th 2016, 1:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

CR-1 and IR-1 ate both under the Immigrant Visa category.

Rene
Old May 6th 2016, 4:26 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

i booked mine last night because i was watching the dates moving on availability and wanted a Friday appointment regardless.

Today i received the updated letter littledorrit mentioned and it says to do exactly that (book online). Can scan it if anyone wants to see it for future reference.
Old May 7th 2016, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

dljack is an unknown quantity at this point

How long had everyone had to wait after submitting notice of readiness before booking appointment? Husbands medical is on 16th, do they wait until after its done before letting you book interview online?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.