Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Small change to DCF (London) process

Small change to DCF (London) process

Old May 7th 2016, 12:26 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small change to DCF (London) process

Originally Posted by dljack
How long had everyone had to wait after submitting notice of readiness before booking appointment? Husbands medical is on 16th, do they wait until after its done before letting you book interview online?
its only really just changed, i submitted my notice around the 17th April at the same time i finished the DS160 and had booked my medical for the 29th April. They then sent the new letter to me on the 5th May (arrived 6th) telling me to make an appointment but i had already done it on the 5th May that night after i saw this thread and noticed the availability dates were changing. My interview is on the 10th June so even if you book now its probably more than a month away

if you read the instructions they seem more worried people will book and not have enough time between the medical being completed and sent to the embassy before the interview, but it doesn't say you cant book yet, just you have to make sure your medical file will be ready in time for the interview

K1 Steps below
Spoiler:
If you have been notified that the petition has been approved and you have received the Notice of Action, Form I-797, and NVC has advised you that your application has been transferred to the Embassy in London for processing, you are required to complete the following 5 steps to prepare for your immigrant visa interview. (Spouses of U.S. Citizens and their children applying for K-3 & K-4 visas are required to follow the same instructions).

Please do not schedule the visa interview until you have completed Steps 1 – 4.

Step 1 – Complete the application Form DS-160 for each family member applying for a visa and print the confirmation page as it will be required at the time of your interview. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it with a N/A.

Step 2 – Assemble all of the documents required in support of your application, including the Affidavit of Support from your fiance(e) or in the case of a K3 visa applicant, spouse. Download the document checklist here, as a PDF file (PDF- 425kb). Do not send any documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit.

Step 3 – Schedule a medical examination with the Embassy approved physician in London. All visa applicants, regardless of age, require a medical examination. Information about the medical, including how to book is available here. The results of the medical examination will take 5 working days to be received by the Immigrant Visa Unit.

Step 4 –Once you have completed steps 1-3 above, notify the Immigrant Visa Unit that you are ready for an interview by using our Notification of Applicant Readiness online form, here.

Step 5 – Once you have submitted the Notification of Applicant Readiness online form in Step-4 above, you should schedule the visa interview and pay the MRV application fee. Appointments are scheduled online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv. Your passport will be returned to you by the Embassy approved courier service. To ensure that there are no delays with the delivery, you must register with courier at the time you schedule the appointment.

Note: if your medical examination has not been received by the Immigrant Visa Unit at the time of your visa interview, your application will be denied under Section 221(g)of the Immigration and Nationality Act pending receipt. Please allow sufficient time between the medical examination and the appointment for the visa interview for it to be received.

CR-1 (Spouse) Route

Spoiler:
Applying for a visa through the Immigrant Visa Unit in London

If you have been notified that the petition has been approved and you have received the Notice of Action, Form I-797, you should complete the following 5 steps to prepare for your immigrant visa interview. You should only complete these steps if you have received notification from the Embassy confirming that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit in London.

Please do not schedule the appointment for the visa interview until you have completed Steps 1 – 4.

Step 1 – Complete the application Form DS-260 for each family member applying for a visa. You should enter your immigrant visa case number and, in place of an invoice number, your date of birth in the following format YYYYMMDD. The form is accessed by clicking on this link. Once submitted, you must make a note of your application number. As your application is being processed through the Immigrant Visa Unit in London, you should not submit any documents to the NVC.

Step 2 – Assemble all of the documents that you will be required to bring with you to your visa interview, including the Affidavit of Support from your relative. Download our document checklist here, as a PDF file (PDF- 425kb). Do not send any documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit.

Step 3 – Schedule a medical examination with the Embassy approved physician in London. All visa applicants, regardless of age, require a medical examination. Information about the medical, including how to book is available here. The results of the medical examination will take 5 working days to be received by the Immigrant Visa Unit.

Step 4 – Once you have completed steps 1-3 above, notify the Immigrant Visa Unit that you are ready for an interview by using our Notification of Applicant Readiness online form, here.

Step 5 – Once you have submitted the Notification of Applicant Readiness online form in Step-4 above, you should schedule the visa interview. Appointments are scheduled online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv . Your passport will be returned to you by the Embassy approved courier service. To ensure that there are no delays with the delivery, you must register with courier at the time you schedule the appointment.

Note: if your medical examination has not been received by the Immigrant Visa Unit at the time of your visa interview, your application will be denied under Section 221(g)of the Immigration and Nationality Act pending receipt. Please allow sufficient time between the medical examination and the appointment for the visa interview for it to be received.

Last edited by Mangaboy84; May 7th 2016 at 12:30 pm.
Old May 7th 2016, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mangaboy84
K1 Steps below
Spoiler:
If you have been notified that the petition has been approved and you have received the Notice of Action, Form I-797, and NVC has advised you that your application has been transferred to the Embassy in London for processing, you are required to complete the following 5 steps to prepare for your immigrant visa interview. (Spouses of U.S. Citizens and their children applying for K-3 & K-4 visas are required to follow the same instructions).

Please do not schedule the visa interview until you have completed Steps 1 – 4.

Step 1 – Complete the application Form DS-160 for each family member applying for a visa and print the confirmation page as it will be required at the time of your interview. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it with a N/A.

Step 2 – Assemble all of the documents required in support of your application, including the Affidavit of Support from your fiance(e) or in the case of a K3 visa applicant, spouse. Download the document checklist here, as a PDF file (PDF- 425kb). Do not send any documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit.

Step 4 –Once you have completed steps 1-3 above, notify the Immigrant Visa Unit that you are ready for an interview by using our Notification of Applicant Readiness online form, here.

Step 5 – Once you have submitted the Notification of Applicant Readiness online form in Step-4 above, you should schedule the visa interview and pay the MRV application fee. Appointments are scheduled online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv. Your passport will be returned to you by the Embassy approved courier service. To ensure that there are no delays with the delivery, you must register with courier at the time you schedule the appointment.

CR-1 (Spouse) Route

Spoiler:
Applying for a visa through the Immigrant Visa Unit in London

If you have been notified that the petition has been approved and you have received the Notice of Action, Form I-797, you should complete the following 5 steps to prepare for your immigrant visa interview. You should only complete these steps if you have received notification from the Embassy confirming that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit in London.

Please do not schedule the appointment for the visa interview until you have completed Steps 1 – 4.

Step 1 – Complete the application Form DS-260 for each family member applying for a visa. You should enter your immigrant visa case number and, in place of an invoice number, your date of birth in the following format YYYYMMDD. The form is accessed by clicking on this link. Once submitted, you must make a note of your application number. As your application is being processed through the Immigrant Visa Unit in London, you should not submit any documents to the NVC.

Step 2 – Assemble all of the documents that you will be required to bring with you to your visa interview, including the Affidavit of Support from your relative. Download our document checklist here, as a PDF file (PDF- 425kb). Do not send any documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit.

Step 4 – Once you have completed steps 1-3 above, notify the Immigrant Visa Unit that you are ready for an interview by using our Notification of Applicant Readiness online form, here.

Step 5 – Once you have submitted the Notification of Applicant Readiness online form in Step-4 above, you should schedule the visa interview. Appointments are scheduled online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv . Your passport will be returned to you by the Embassy approved courier service. To ensure that there are no delays with the delivery, you must register with courier at the time you schedule the appointment.

Ian
Old May 7th 2016, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Devakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for being dense but I am more confused now than before....wish they would stop changing things at the last minute.......so my question now is when I go to try and get the appointment I get to this page:
Please select the condition that applies to you: I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site. I need to schedule a K visa appointment. I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an appointment. I am a returning U.S. Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) and require re-entry authorization to the United States. None of the above So if we do not have the letter from them which one do we tick?
Old May 7th 2016, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

littledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Devakiri
Sorry for being dense but I am more confused now than before....wish they would stop changing things at the last minute.......so my question now is when I go to try and get the appointment I get to this page:
Please select the condition that applies to you: I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site. I need to schedule a K visa appointment. I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an appointment. I am a returning U.S. Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) and require re-entry authorization to the United States. None of the above So if we do not have the letter from them which one do we tick?
You're not dense - it is pretty stressful when they change the format just when you think you had it all figured out!
So I was told by the embassy that even though I didn't have the actual letter that I should tick the 'I have received a letter instructing me to schedule an appointment' box. If it says you're not ready for an interview that's totally fine - just try keep trying each day until it finally unlocks ( ie. They've processed it at their end). I ended up being able to book 2 days before I actually got the letter ( by email), so I got an earlier date than I would have if I'd just waited for that letter...

Hope that helps and good luck!
Old May 7th 2016, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Devakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you littledorrit!!! I tried but it said not ready so will try again. I will not stress about it until about August but I am sure it will be okay in a few days. We submitted the petition 29 Mar 2016 and he had his medical on 4 May.....again many thanks for all your help!!!!
Old May 7th 2016, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

dljack is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I was a bit worried that we were going to be stuck in limbo after submitting the DS 260 on May 3rd, then the notification of readiness that evening. We will just keep checking the website and wait and see if we get a letter as we also say "not ready to interview" they maybe just need a bit more time.

Thanks again
Old May 12th 2016, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Has anybody been required to have to wait until after their medical appointment to book an interview? We submitted 'Notice of Readiness' on the 3rd May, as well DS-260. The medical is booked for Monday 16th. I have noticed that others were able to go right on and book an interview, well in advance of the medical, but wonder if it is due to being a different type of visa. We are applying for IR 1. Our CEAC is showing as Ready. Many thanks.
Old May 12th 2016, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dljack
Has anybody been required to have to wait until after their medical appointment to book an interview? We submitted 'Notice of Readiness' on the 3rd May, as well DS-260. The medical is booked for Monday 16th. I have noticed that others were able to go right on and book an interview, well in advance of the medical, but wonder if it is due to being a different type of visa. We are applying for IR 1. Our CEAC is showing as Ready. Many thanks.
we tried to book and it wouldn't let us until they had confirmed medical, but we submitted readiness prior to the change. Did you try to book? It will simply tell you not ready if you're not ready.
Old May 12th 2016, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

That's good to know it was not just us. I kept seeing others who were able to book before getting Medical done, but I think they are mostly a different visa type.

Yes, I tried to book, but am just told not ready...I was just worried that we maybe slipped through the cracks with having submitted things on the actual day of the process change.

Thank your for your response!