Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Slightly O/T - 6 days to go!!!!

Wikiposts

Slightly O/T - 6 days to go!!!!

Old May 22nd 2004, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice
Default Slightly O/T - 6 days to go!!!!

Excitement isn't the WORD!!

I get to see my fiance in 5 days and we're marrying in a beautiful UK church next Saturday!

I will be joining the ranks of the lonely K3-ers as of the 2nd June...

The weather in the UK is wonderful at the moment; I just hope it holds out until the photos are finished!

Kath
xxx
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slightly O/T - 6 days to go!!!!

Hoping for good weather for you, Kath! Have an awesome day!

Elaine
Old May 23rd 2004, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by anyone4tea

I get to see my fiance in 5 days and we're marrying in a beautiful UK church next Saturday!

I will be joining the ranks of the lonely K3-ers as of the 2nd June...

The weather in the UK is wonderful at the moment; I just hope it holds out until the photos are finished!

Kath
xxx
I marry my Oxford area man in 22 days!!!
Best of luck with your wedding day! I'll be thinking of both of you.
Christina
Old May 23rd 2004, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Originally posted by gemmacat
I marry my Oxford area man in 22 days!!!
Best of luck with your wedding day! I'll be thinking of both of you.
Christina
Thanks everyone!!!

Christina, are you marrying in the UK or in the US?

Kath
xxx
Old May 23rd 2004, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone!!!

Christina, are you marrying in the UK or in the US?

Kath
xxx
Kath,
We're marrying in Edinburgh. Then I have to fly home to send in all of the paperwork. I already have tickets to come back in august, which makes this a little easier.
Christina
Old May 23rd 2004, 3:55 am
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gemmacat
Kath,
We're marrying in Edinburgh. Then I have to fly home to send in all of the paperwork. I already have tickets to come back in august, which makes this a little easier.
Christina
Happy you and best of luck, Kath. Have a great day Saturday.

Shh... hey, still remember when you still had 53 days to go for the marriage? Someone please tell me it'll pass soon!
Still 52 days for my love to be here and 53 days for our civil marriage.
*sigh*... I just can't wait anymore.
Old May 23rd 2004, 4:12 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you had to be resident in the UK for about 3 wks before you could marry there..or I should say it was..when we tried to get married over there but that was a few years back..
Old May 23rd 2004, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ray6
I thought you had to be resident in the UK for about 3 wks before you could marry there..or I should say it was..when we tried to get married over there but that was a few years back..
Maybe they have some sort of special permission.
You don't have to be a resident to marry in Scotland.
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ray6

Hi Ray,

As JB is divorced, and foreign, the rules were slightly different. We had to get a Superintendent Registrar's Certificate. This entailed a residence of 7 clear days in the UK before giving notice of marriage (telling them date, time and place of marriage), and then 15 clear days before the marriage can take place. However, those 15 days JB doesn't have to be in the country!

I, however, needed to be resident in the parish for 15 days before the wedding; which I am.

He came over in March for the 7-day residency and at that point we gave notice of marriage. The marriage has to take place within, I think, 6 months.

HOpe this helps!

Kath

xx