Sister Wives

Old Oct 15th 2010, 3:28 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sister Wives

The fallout continues in Mormonville. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12830386 This company has been receiving very negative feedback since this info became public. The family is being investigated due to public pressure because some of the wives are in fact receiving state aid for their children. Part of the logic of polygamists are that they are entitled to the state coffers with their multiple breeding. The more kids you have, the more financial support you receive and the less taxes the family has to pay. I really don't care how many kids they have, I just care that they take full financial responsibility for them and maybe they will receive another message from God when they are forced to stop sucking from the State's breast.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 4:20 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Be thankful then you only have one wife.....
I actually only have one husband!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 5:45 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I actually only have one husband!
Oops, should have checked gender.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 5:55 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
The fallout continues in Mormonville. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12830386 This company has been receiving very negative feedback since this info became public. The family is being investigated due to public pressure because some of the wives are in fact receiving state aid for their children. Part of the logic of polygamists are that they are entitled to the state coffers with their multiple breeding. The more kids you have, the more financial support you receive and the less taxes the family has to pay. I really don't care how many kids they have, I just care that they take full financial responsibility for them and maybe they will receive another message from God when they are forced to stop sucking from the State's breast.
Back when I lived in the Netherlands, my Dutch coworker told me of a family that lived next to her with 12 kids, with all the bennies, nobody worked.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
He is a salesman afterall, and she is the one that gave him the idea of the new wife when they met her.

I thought about it last night and realized that the first wife is now older and with each successive wife has added a bit more insecurity to her personality. To be honest, look at the second and third wife. There is nothing bodywise that makes them a threat to her perceived status in his affections. She is slim and well groomed whereas they are overweight. Having said that, look at wife-to-be #4. Here is someone a lot younger, slim, pretty and with that age old aphrodiastic called "newness". Wife #1 is feeling insecure.

And like a customer, I didn't trust the salesman.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

The Sister Wives were on Oprah last week. I had not watched the TLC show, however before watching I had already formed the impression that the whole thing was rather creepy.

However, I came away with a totally different impression after watching the Oprah interview. These people seem genuinely happy and you know if they are truly happy I am happy for them. There is now a 4th wife in play as well. Just because there are multiple wives it does need mean anything creepy goes down. Personally I am not sure what any of them see in this guy, but it's each to their own. The kids seem more well adjusted and normal than those baby popping machines the Duggars.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 3:39 pm
Nuts and Bolts

This appears to be an unusual variant of polygamy but something just doesn't fit well with their image. Most of the groups that practice this use women as doormats and keep them dependent and subservient on purpose. They are nothing more than a means to an end with the male. Her role is purely to service his "needs", pop out the children, cook and clean, or work as they deem fit for her contribution to his little kingdom. Her value is insignificant and is trained to understand that. Three of these sisters wives are from polygamist homes so the programming is absolutely there. They have just modified it to attempt to blend in with regular society yet these women are absolutely repeating the social cycle in which her worth is diminished as an equal partner..
Old Oct 18th 2010, 2:26 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, the hair, the sandals I need to take an antihistamine every time I watch, but I can't tear my eyes away...