Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Should We do what our lawyer says??

Wikiposts

Should We do what our lawyer says??

Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

amarie is on a distinguished road
Default Should We do what our lawyer says??

Hi
We have just recieved our LND numbers and i really, really want to send in the letter of readiness, however our lawyer is being very cautious and saying to wait until we have our i864 and ds230 complete, which then means everything has been extra checked which shuld enable a smooth journey from here on.
Should i listen or just go ahead and send it in???
As im writting this i can probably see what the answer is!!!
Thanks
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Should We do what our lawyer says??

Ive just read that we have to send in the ds230 first then our cert of readiness, (lawyer has ds230) so won't be doing anything until they send it to me.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 6:03 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

am,

Good idea. It would be awkward saying that you're ready to interview for a visa that you haven't applied for yet.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by amarie
Ive just read that we have to send in the ds230 first then our cert of readiness,
Old Mar 7th 2009, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Yes, yes, i know!! ive been known in the past to have beer goggles but now i think i have immigration goggles!!!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

That gave me a chuckle, funny how those goggles seem to colour everything! These days they have stopped me from purchasing clothes, household items, all sorts. They kind of send messages to my brain that say ..... it will have to be sold/packed/chucked ......
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Oh my god, im exactly the same, i was in town the other day and saw a gorgeous throw which i would normally have snapped up, but thought, no it is only going to take up space in a box!!!!
Ive warned hubby i will be in need of a big shopping spree when all of this is done!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh now that sounds like a good idea. Funny though my fiance (Michael) is sending me a box with copies of all the bits he added to the I 129F application.

He said there was a sales flyers from Pier 1 with some good bargains in it that he'll include in the box. Now he should probably be warned that he shouldn't be encouraging me to spend on his behalf lol!