Reload this Page >

Separation from your family.

Wikiposts

Separation from your family.

Old Feb 15th 2004, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Americanwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Separation from your family.

I wanted to ask people who had to leave their families and country to reunite with husband/wife or fiance/fiancee.
Was it hard for you?
How did you deal with this stress.
How do you keep in touch now?
Thanks a lot a lot
Old Feb 15th 2004, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Susanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Separation from your family.

Originally posted by Americanwife
I wanted to ask people who had to leave their families and country to reunite with husband/wife or fiance/fiancee.
Was it hard for you?
Thanks a lot a lot

Personally the leaving family and friends was not a problem for me as I had been travelling for neally 20yrs lived in Spain, Greece, Portugal,Australia, Canada etc so my parents were pretty used to me getting up and going also my friends were used to it.

But I have to say stress yes thats hard sitting at home and doing nothing all day after being so active, just waiting for your partner to come home and you start to imagine all different scenarios regarding you pending Visa Aplication in my case AOS.
Some days I have a good old cry and see no light at the end of the tunnel???????Then I think to myself there are alot worse of then myself and I I should be thankful for what I have.
Plus there are alot of us out there in the same boat.

I used to keep in touch with my parents by MSN chat but they have washed their hands of me, so thats sad (because I stayed in the US because I always returned before) yes my darling Mother kept my room at home the same as when I was a little girl lets bare in mind I am 39yrs old God Bless her.)

Buddies are on yahoo or msn so chat every day which keeps me going

Yer Miss My Mum terrible dispite everything you only get 1 set of parents but in the same token you have to live your life.

Susanna
Old Feb 15th 2004, 4:51 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I left home at 18 and have been doing my own thing and trotting the globe ever since then. I've always kept in touch on a very regular basis and am desparately trying to get my parents interested in computers but to no avail.

Fortunately mum and dad can travel over to the US more or less whenever they want so we'll get to see each other a few times a year and for my nieces I'll be relying on emails.

The stress factor for planning a house sale, move, shipping etc to another continent with dates you can't be sure of is a killer and one I don't wish to repeat. I should be looking forward to getting married but the wedding plans are having to take a back seat, and I now just want something quiet quick and hassle free.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice

hi, there.
this is my first time away from family, i had been staying with my parents and little sister and never got my own place, nor travelling more than 2 weeks. to them i was (still am) their little baby girl. so yes, it was hard for both side, me and them.

i got homesick once in awhile, but thanks for the technology, we are able to keep in touch regularly. i call them up oftenly, write emails and send pictures and goodies (thanks fedex! ) beside family, i have to say i miss my buddies there too. but i chat with them almost everyday and keep in touch with my new friends here.

the hardest part of living here is, i miss my indonesian cooking!!! oh my that was hard, all the snacks, the traditional food and the hot ginger drinks. i have to give applause to my husband for leaning how to cook indonesian food hehehe...

cant wait to come visit them again, maybe somewhere in next year!

have a nice day,
anggraeni

Was it hard for you?
Thanks a lot a lot
Old Feb 15th 2004, 6:35 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Was it hard for you?
Thanks a lot a lot

Hey there!!

This is such an interesting thread, the day before I left to the US, I wrote how I felt.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=209344
As for now.. I don't know how I feel, I still can't believe I am in the US again,Once I know how I feel I will let you know
Take care!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Feb 15th 2004 at 6:37 am.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

I still live with my parents so it is going to be very hard when I leave them 2 weeks tomorrow

But we all have to live our lives and move on. Unfortunately my parents now will have one daughter in Australia (been there 12 years), one daughter in London and now me in America.

At least they get to travel to places they wouldnt have thought of going.

xoxoxox