Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sent wrong pictures - Suggestions?

Wikiposts

Sent wrong pictures - Suggestions?

Old Jun 4th 2002, 7:20 am
Paul Baker

Default Sent wrong pictures - Suggestions?

TESTTEST=_NextPart_000_0058_01C20BB9.9C361300

charset="iso-8859-1"

I realized that I sent the wrong style of picture with one of my forms = (EAD). Is
there some way to send the new ones without having to wait = for the INS to actually
process the form?

This would be for the Nebraska Center.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

TESTTEST=_NextPart_000_0058_01C20BB9.9C361300 Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META
content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2716.2200" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I realized that I sent the wrong style = of
picture=20 with one of my forms (EAD).&nbsp; Is there some way to send the new
ones = without=20 having to wait for the INS to actually process the
form?</FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This would be for the Nebraska =
Center.</FONT></DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Suggestions appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Paul</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

TESTTEST=_NextPart_000_0058_01C20BB9.9C361300--

Old Jun 4th 2002, 7:20 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: Sent wrong pictures - Suggestions?

Is this for the temporary 90 day EAD? If so you unfortunately didn't read the FAQ
first and saved your money

If it's for the full EAD and this is a marriage-based AOS you've sent it to the wrong
place anyway.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "Paul Baker"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... I realized that
I sent the wrong style of picture with one of my forms (EAD). Is there some way to
send the new ones without having to wait for the INS to actually process the form?

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Old Jun 4th 2002, 8:20 am
Ranjini

Paul, You file for the EAD at your local INS office. Ranjini

"Paul Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... I
realized that I sent the wrong style of picture with one of my forms (EAD). Is
there some way to send the new ones without having to wait for the INS to actually
process the form?

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Old Jun 4th 2002, 9:20 am
Paul Baker

Thanks Ranjini,

If I am in the US (TN VISA) do I need to wait for my I130 confirmation/receipt thing?
Or do I just walk down to the local office and submit the I485 form?

I guess I can just go down to the local office and waste a few hours down there!

Thanks,

Paul

"Ranjini" <> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Paul, You file for the EAD at your local INS office. Ranjini
    >
    > "Paul Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... I
    > realized that I sent the wrong style of picture with one of my forms (EAD). Is
    > there some way to send the new ones without having to wait for the INS to actually
    > process the form?
    >
    > This would be for the Nebraska Center.
    >
    > Suggestions appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Paul

Old Jun 4th 2002, 3:20 pm
Shelley

Are you saying that you are in the US on a TN visa and then got married and are
filing to adjust status? You should be filing everything - the I-130, I-485, I-765,
I-131 and all supporting documents at your local INS office, not to the Service
Center. Filing the I-130 at the Service Center is for those citizens petitioning for
spouses (and other relatives) who are not in the US. I-130 processing at a Service
Center can take up to a year. You should check on filing procedures for your local
office, some allow walk-in filing, others require everything to be mailed.
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fi...ces/alphaa.htm Take Care. Shelley

"Paul Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks Ranjini,
    >
    > If I am in the US (TN VISA) do I need to wait for my I130 confirmation/receipt
    > thing? Or do I just walk down to the local office and submit the I485 form?
    >
    > I guess I can just go down to the local office and waste a few hours down there!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Paul
    >
    > "Ranjini" <> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Paul, You file for the EAD at your local INS office. Ranjini
    > >
    > > "Paul Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I realized that I sent the wrong style of picture with one of my forms (EAD). Is
    > > there some way to send the new ones without having to wait
for
    > > the INS to actually process the form?
    > >
    > > This would be for the Nebraska Center.
    > >
    > > Suggestions appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Paul
    > >
    >

Old Jun 5th 2002, 2:20 am
Dataangel

"Shelley" <[email protected]>
    > You should be filing everything - the I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 and all supporting
    > documents at your local INS office, not to the Service Center. Filing the I-130 at
    > the Service Center is for those citizens petitioning for spouses (and other
    > relatives) who are not in the US. I-130 processing at a Service Center can take up
    > to a year.

... unless you live in Maryland... *sigh* Then you have to mail everything to Vermont
and let them send it back to the Baltimore office.

Old Jun 5th 2002, 2:20 am
Paul Baker

That sounds like my problem. I might spend a day in Seattle with my stack-o-forms
(paperwork reduction act - my ass!) and see what they say. I'm prepared to just send
it all to Nebraska and let them pick through the mess.

Paul

"DataAngel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > "Shelley" <[email protected]>
    > > You should be filing everything - the I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 and all
    > > supporting documents at your local INS office, not to the Service
Center.
    > > Filing the I-130 at the Service Center is for those citizens petitioning
for
    > > spouses (and other relatives) who are not in the US. I-130 processing
at a
    > > Service Center can take up to a year.
    >
    > ... unless you live in Maryland... *sigh* Then you have to mail everything to
    > Vermont and let them send it back to the Baltimore office.

Old Jun 5th 2002, 2:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sending it all to Nebraska isn't making them pick through the mess. They will send it back to you if you are lucky. If you aren't, then they will keep the I-130 and return the rest of the documents and you are extending your waiting time for your adjustment since the INS local office (Seattle apparently for you) won't do diddly until your I-130 is approved.

Do it the right way. File all your forms at the Seattle INS Office. Your adjustment is too important for you to mess around with. Also you won't be able to work without an EAD in case your TN expires or you want to find another employer.

This happened to another Canadian who mistakenly filed the I-130 at the service center as you planned on doing or did, and she had to wait for the adjustment interview in Helena, MT until the I-130 was approved which extended her wait time by months.

R
Old Jun 17th 2002, 5:20 am
Shelley

It sounds as if you have already sent you I-130 to NSC, and received your first NOA,
is this right? If so, before you can file everything at your local office in Seattle,
you will have to cancel the first I-130 sent to NSC, and then start from scratch with
a new I-130 and all the rest in Seattle. Or you can wait for the I-130 approval,
which is currently taking 6 months at NSC, before you can file your AOS paperwork
(and yes you will need the second NOA - Notice of Approval to file the AOS if you go
this route) Here is a great website to help you will your INS paperwork - the I-130
Immigration Help Site http://www.geocities.com/immigration_helpsite/index.htm Take
care. Shelley

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Sending it all to Nebraska isn't making them pick through the mess. They will send
    > it back to you if you are lucky. If you aren't, then they will keep the I-130 and
    > return the rest of the documents and you are extending your waiting time for your
    > adjustment since the INS local office (Seattle apparently for you) won't do diddly
    > until your I-130 is approved.
    >
    > Do it the right way. File all your forms at the Seattle INS Office. Your adjustment
    > is too important for you to mess around with. Also you won't be able to work
    > without an EAD in case your TN expires or you want to find another employer.
    >
    > This happened to another Canadian who mistakenly filed the I-130 at the service
    > center as you planned on doing or did, and she had to wait for the adjustment
    > interview in Helena, MT until the I-130 was approved which extended her wait time
    > by months.
    >
    >
    > R
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    >