sent orignial GC I-751, Need to go out of US, can I get a stamp ? how

Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:20 pm
desi4fun

Default sent orignial GC I-751, Need to go out of US, can I get a stamp ? how

Hi,

sent my original GC I-551 to NSC as per instructions during the first
week of Jan 06.

I need to go to CA in March.

Can I get my passport stamped from somewhere so I can come back to US?

If yes then how. I live in Seatac, WA

desi

Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sent orignial GC I-751, Need to go out of US, can I get a stamp ? how

Originally Posted by desi4fun
Hi,

sent my original GC I-551 to NSC as per instructions during the first
week of Jan 06.

I need to go to CA in March.

Can I get my passport stamped from somewhere so I can come back to US?

If yes then how. I live in Seatac, WA

desi

You don't need a green card to travel to CA = California. However, if you mean Canada, then you need to get the I-551 in your passport. You do the district office to get the stamp. Make an Infopass appointment.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future
Default Re: sent orignial GC I-751, Need to go out of US, can I get a stamp ? how

Rete

I guess he means Canada !
Old Jan 30th 2006, 12:41 am
desi4fun

Thanks ramNagab and Rete

A few questions
1. How far in advance can I schedule the infopass appointment? (
After my 485 was approved I got the card in 45 days)
2. Any experience on what is typically the min. wait time to get an
appointment?
2. checked the info pass site
which option is most relevant -- speak to an immigration officer ?

Old Jan 30th 2006, 2:58 am
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ramNagab and Rete

A few questions
1. How far in advance can I schedule the infopass appointment? (
After my 485 was approved I got the card in 45 days)
2. Any experience on what is typically the min. wait time to get an
appointment?
2. checked the info pass site
which option is most relevant -- speak to an immigration officer ?

I scheduled my appointment 2 weeks ahead, and that was the earliest opening they had.
Yes, speak to an immigration office is the best option to pick.

Good luck!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Hey Ania
You recently said that you got letter from USCIS asking you to submit your original greencard. Did they send you self-addressed envelope with tracking number? I am concerned how my original green card will go back to my file correctly. Usually NSC sends out envelope each time it sends our RFE. But I did not get any envelope. All they sent is one page yellow letter.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Originally Posted by ania
I scheduled my appointment 2 weeks ahead, and that was the earliest opening they had.
Yes, speak to an immigration office is the best option to pick.

Good luck!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 2:49 pm
Polish Jelly

Originally Posted by needhelp
Hey Ania
You recently said that you got letter from USCIS asking you to submit your original greencard. Did they send you self-addressed envelope with tracking number? I am concerned how my original green card will go back to my file correctly. Usually NSC sends out envelope each time it sends our RFE. But I did not get any envelope. All they sent is one page yellow letter.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Yes, they did send me self-addressed envelope with tracking number, but the envelope didn't fit the2 pages of yellow letter and my green card to well. It was all twisted, so I sent all the stuff in a regular envelope as a certified mail.
I didn't think that it matter which envelope I use. Do you think it does?
Old Jan 30th 2006, 2:53 pm
Polish Jelly

I just checked, and the letter was delivered on Thursday, after I sent it on Wednesday. I hope they will be as quick with sending me the new card as the post office was with delivering my stuff

Good luck!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

I am bit worried now. Why we didn’t get any envelope? The self addressed envelope with tracking number will ensure going into correct file in NSC. This has got nothing to do with mail delivery. They will use this tracking to put the mail at correct file after receiving the RFE(in this case, the yellow letter with green card).
Desi or someone else….did you all get self-addressed envelope with tracking number? Can anyone advise me what I should do?
Thanks.

I just checked, and the letter was delivered on Thursday, after I sent it on Wednesday. I hope they will be as quick with sending me the new card as the post office was with delivering my stuff

Good luck!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:05 pm
desi4fun

FYI
I didn't get an envelop either. Just the yellow sheet on which I had
to tape the GC I-551.
The letter stated to make copies and submit the original yellow.

my service center is Nebraska

Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Desi...your answer helps. Have a great days ahead!
FYI
I didn't get an envelop either. Just the yellow sheet on which I had
to tape the GC I-551.
The letter stated to make copies and submit the original yellow.

my service center is Nebraska
Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ania
It seems like you got I-751 approved first and then they asked you to submit your original GC. May be you are very lucky. Lot of people are getting the yellow letter asking to submit the GC first. I guess they are all waiting for approval.

Good luck!