Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sending in visa forms for K1...

Wikiposts

Sending in visa forms for K1...

Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of
Default Sending in visa forms for K1...

Im sorry if this has been covered before, i have done a search, but cannot find anything relevant, though Im sure it MUST have been covered before...

My fiance (US citizen) and I had our I129F approved and now I have received my packet of info for actually applying for the K1 itself, via London.

How long do I have to collate and send in the relevant visa forms?

I am trying not to rush as I have a planned visit in October on the VWP (I know, tut tut to me, never plan ANYTHING whilst in the process of applying for a visa...) and we had tentatively hoped to hold a family party here in the UK in January, before marrying in the US in early Feb.

So in other words it would work out perfectly to have my visa interview in November maybe, and assuming all went well, our 'plans' could go as we had hoped. Is it possible to do this? Or do I need to send in the forms asap and just go with the flow and maybe cancel the holiday in October if I'm given the visa before then

(though it really should be a because the important thing IS the K1!!!)
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending in visa forms for K1...

The NOA2 is valid for 4 months, I believe. The consulate can extend this validity if necessary, but personally I wouldn't delay. If you choose to delay, keep in touch with the consulate to let them know you are NOT abandoning your case.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The NOA2 is valid for 4 months, I believe. The consulate can extend this validity if necessary, but personally I wouldn't delay. If you choose to delay, keep in touch with the consulate to let them know you are NOT abandoning your case.

Rene
Couldn't she go ahead and apply for the K-1, and request an interview date of November?

I seem to remember we requested an interview date to be after Keith took his vet boards and it was not a problem.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Couldn't she go ahead and apply for the K-1, and request an interview date of November?

I seem to remember we requested an interview date to be after Keith took his vet boards and it was not a problem.
She probably can do that, yes. London seems to be very accommodating that way.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Thank you both so much!