Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sending forms to US embassy...

Wikiposts

Sending forms to US embassy...

Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of
Default Sending forms to US embassy...

When sending forms to the US embassy in London as part of my K1 visa application, what is the best postal method to use, 'recorded signed for' or 'special delivery'?

I am looking to send in my DS156, DS156k and DS230pt1, in case that holds any relevance...

I have done a search on here, but cannot find anyone mentioning their postal method to the embassy
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

chrisncarla will become famous soon enoughchrisncarla will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sending forms to US embassy...

Hi we sent our I-130 by special delivery, that way we had a POD
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Excellent, thank you for a very speedy reply! I can post it tomorrow now!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Maiba will become famous soon enoughMaiba will become famous soon enough

Hi there

just for info, we send our I-130s during the postal strike recorded delivery, and could not get confimation of delivery. I wrote to Royal Mail and was told that as they have so much mail to deliver there every day, you will not get anything back, you can just track online as it is a mass delivery and that's it.

Kind regards and Good luck with the process

Diana
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, I appreciate that piece of information as I am a BIG worrier!!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Not true. Special Delivery is always trackable. That's what the extra fiver is for.

My packs sent to London always came back as delivered when checking on royalmail.co.uk.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:56 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My fiancee sent his special delivery. Just be aware it will be sitting in a po box for a few days until the embassy picks up the mail. Lots of people have panicked that it wasn't registered as recieved right away so please don't panic if there is no delivery signature the net dy even if you sent it overnight. It is trackable and will get there. Also please make copies of all the documents for your own records as well.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

I'd do special. A little more secure and trackable.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Tha address i had on the envelope from the embassy, and on the headed paper they used was the physical address in (I think) grosvenor square...should I be sending my forms there or to the PO box that many meniton, but does not appear anywhere within my papers? They just say "return to us..." and then do not specify an address... hmmmmm
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

There is always an address. Return to the address on the top of the form that says "return to us".
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

I just quadruple checked the address on there and there is just a physical address on upper grosvenor street.

I was just concerned because of the peeps mentioning the PO Box address.

I really appreciate all the advice I read on here, not only to my questions...it is all so reassuring
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Skiboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
I just quadruple checked the address on there and there is just a physical address on upper grosvenor street.

I was just concerned because of the peeps mentioning the PO Box address.

I really appreciate all the advice I read on here, not only to my questions...it is all so reassuring
Hi Welshgirl1

Filing to the US embassy in London is to the Upper Grosvenor Street address.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

I went to the post office today and when they went to enter the address into their system to register the mail as special delivery, their system automatically updates the "upper Grosvenor St" address to a PO Box address.

It's on it's way there, wherever it may be lol
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Skiboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by welshgirl1

It's on it's way there, wherever it may be lol
Hi

I'm sure the post office know what they're doing
I suspect everything mailed to the Embassy goes to a central sorting office.

Paul
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Maiba will become famous soon enoughMaiba will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Not true. Special Delivery is always trackable. That's what the extra fiver is for.

My packs sent to London always came back as delivered when checking on royalmail.co.uk.

That's what I said. You only get online confirmation.