Selective Service System - N-400

Wikiposts

Selective Service System - N-400

Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

raaz74 will become famous soon enough
Default Selective Service System - N-400

Hello,

Question # G-33..Are you a Male who lived in the United States at any time between your 18 and 26th birthday in any status as a lawful immigrant?
If you answered "No" go on question # 34.

If you answered "Yes" provide the information below.
If you answered "Yes" and but you did not registered with the selective service system and are still 26 years of age, you must register before you apply for naturalization, so that you complete the information below.

Date registered: ---- selective service system# ----

I am above 26 and have applied online for selective service system. I have received their response and it says "According to the date of birth on your selective service registration form, you have already reached age 26 and are no longer eligible to register. Therefore, we are unable to process your form as a registration.

I have checked "No" on my N-400 application and will attach the card (document) which i received from selective service system. Please advise if this is the right thing to do.

Thank you,
-Raaz
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:15 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selective Service System - N-400

Originally Posted by raaz74
Hello,

Question # G-33..Are you a Male who lived in the United States at any time between your 18 and 26th birthday in any status as a lawful immigrant?

If you answered "Yes" provide the information below.
If you answered "Yes" and but you did not registered with the selective service system and are still 26 years of age, you must register before you apply for naturalization, so that you complete the information below.

Date registered: ---- selective service system# ----

I am above 26 and have applied online for selective service system. I have received their response and it says "According to the date of birth on your selective service registration form, you have already reached age 26 and are no longer eligible to register. Therefore, we are unable to process your form as a registration.

I have checked "No" on my N-400 application and will attach the card (document) which i received from selective service system. Please advise if this is the right thing to do.

Thank you,
-Raaz
You have to provide a sensible explanation of why you did not register when you were supposed to.

Do a Search - this has come up several times before.

If memory serves me right, you have to show good moral character for 5 years after the age of 26, i.e. you cannot file until age 31.

But please do a search as I am not completely sure.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Any suggestion???

-Raaz
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:57 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Any suggestion???

-Raaz
yes
call selective service and explain why you didn't register.

hopefully they'll give you a waiver.

if not

wait 5 years.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

I would like mention that i came to US on K3 visa in 2003 so i was 27 yrs old.

-Raaz
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:05 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I would like mention that i came to US on K3 visa in 2003 so i was 27 yrs old.

-Raaz
so what are you worried about then?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
so what are you worried about then?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:13 am
@matthewb76

totally forget the card.

you weren't in the country between the ages of 18 and 26.
so just tick no.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Raaz:

I have reviewed the entire string up to this point.

I suggest you READ both the form and the answers here.

You misquote the question -- if you are going to leave out words, a quotation should have an ellipsis [three dots] to indicate the deletion. You deletions change the question drastically.

Once you read question #33 correctly [which is "no" -- there is nothing left to do. The form says so].

You misquote indicates a misunderstanding of the question.

Good luck.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:57 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Raaz:

I have reviewed the entire string up to this point.

I suggest you READ both the form and the answers here.

You misquote the question -- if you are going to leave out words, a quotation should have an ellipsis [three dots] to indicate the deletion. You deletions change the question drastically.

Once you read question #33 correctly [which is "no" -- there is nothing left to do. The form says so].

You misquote indicates a misunderstanding of the question.

Good luck.
String...
Old Aug 11th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Thread?.... Fred?....