Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

This seems a bit quick. Is this the norm?. AOS question.

Wikiposts

This seems a bit quick. Is this the norm?. AOS question.

Old Oct 28th 2003, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default This seems a bit quick. Is this the norm?. AOS question.

I finally got the NOA's back for our AOS application today, 16 days after posting them. I phoned the 1-800 number on the EAD NOA and managed to schedule an appointment for next saturday(nov 1st). Is this usually that quick? I was told that Phoenix was slow. Will I actually get my EAD at this interview? or do I still have a wait?

Cheers

P.S. For anybody filing through Phoenix for AOS, they do require the $50 dollar finger print fee to be sent with the other AOS paper work.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 5:43 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This seems a bit quick. Is this the norm?. AOS question.

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I finally got the NOA's back for our AOS application today, 16 days after posting them. I phoned the 1-800 number on the EAD NOA and managed to schedule an appointment for next saturday(nov 1st). Is this usually that quick? I was told that Phoenix was slow. Will I actually get my EAD at this interview? or do I still have a wait?

Cheers

P.S. For anybody filing through Phoenix for AOS, they do require the $50 dollar finger print fee to be sent with the other AOS paper work.
Not usually an interview for EAD just go in they take fingerprint of one finger... take your photo ..and 10/15minute wait and you get the EAD card ...
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:06 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm jeallous! I just received my NOA for AOS & EAD in the mail yesterday and called the number this morning only to be told there was no appointment for the next 42 days! And to try calling next Monday (apparently when the slots fill up they only go in one week sincrements??). Consider yourself lucky!

I experienced the same with Atlanta. All other Atlantans seems to say they had their $50 fingerprinting fee returned, but of course I was the "lucky" one who's $50 they actually cashed.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Hi, Congratulations! Glad to hear Phoenix is speedy. Hope that trend continues next year when we have to go through it all. Thanks for the tips, and welcome to the workforce! :-)

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2003, 8:14 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Of course now you got your EAD sorted and you are feeling good they will let you know your AOS interview is in 2005
Old Oct 29th 2003, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I am expecting a long wait for that. But the EAD is the important thing right now. I'll worry about AOS in a few years time lol.