Wikiposts

Section 221(g)?

Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

TammyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Section 221(g)?

Hi All!

My husband received this letter from Cairo Embassy

thank you for your sumbission of documents pertaning to your immigrant visa case (XXXXXXXXX). at the present time, you are ineligible to receive a visa under section 221(g)of the immigration & nationalty act. to overcome this ineligibility , please send us the following documents.
#- A LIST OF PLACES THAT THE PETITIONER HAS LIVED SINCE 2000, WIT ADDRESS TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND DATES (no problem)
#-asking for other persons addresses
#- "
#-"
when we receive the above - mentioned document(s), we will continue to process your case. please submit the document(s) via TNT, and please include a copy of this letter when you submit them.
please also note that starting May1, 2004 we will need to have copies in our file of the 2003 fedral tax return for all sponsors and join sponsors who file 1-864s ( affidavit of support) before we issue any visa, even if the 1-864s was filed before april 15,2004.
also , beginning may 18 may or so, we will issuing immigrant and diversity visas directly onto your passports , so please send your passports in as well if you are sending in douments after May 5

Can any one please tell me what the section 221(g) of the immigration & nationalty act. is??? It was my understanding that my papers were complete but after 3 months now they are saying they need other information!! Is this normal? or should I panic now??

Thanks
Tammy
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:51 am
Mrtravelkay

Default Re: Section 221(g)?

TammyB wrote:
    > Hi All!
    >
    > My husband received this letter from Cairo Embassy
    >
    > thank you
    > for your sumbission of documents pertaning to your immigrant visa case
    > (XXXXXXXXX). at the present time, you are ineligible to receive a visa
    > under section 221(g)of the immigration & nationalty act. to overcome
    > this ineligibility , please send us the following documents.

221(g) means you are missing essential documents according to

http://usembassy.state.gov/vladivost...vrefusals.html

> #- A LIST
    > OF PLACES THAT THE PETITIONER HAS LIVED SINCE 2000, WIT ADDRESS
    > TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND DATES (no problem)
    > #-asking for other persons
    > addresses
    > #- "

Was this information provided before?

Old Apr 21st 2004, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

The information that they said needed was provided on sponsor forms of my previous address from 2000 to present.

Other information they are asking for was provided by my husband a couple of months ago.

Seems that they should have asked for this months ago, why now?? very frustrating!!

Tammy

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
TammyB wrote:
    > Hi All!
    >
    > My husband received this letter from Cairo Embassy
    >
    > thank you
    > for your sumbission of documents pertaning to your immigrant visa case
    > (XXXXXXXXX). at the present time, you are ineligible to receive a visa
    > under section 221(g)of the immigration & nationalty act. to overcome
    > this ineligibility , please send us the following documents.

221(g) means you are missing essential documents according to

http://usembassy.state.gov/vladivost...vrefusals.html

> #- A LIST
    > OF PLACES THAT THE PETITIONER HAS LIVED SINCE 2000, WIT ADDRESS
    > TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND DATES (no problem)
    > #-asking for other persons
    > addresses
    > #- "

Was this information provided before?
Old Apr 21st 2004, 5:41 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Tammy,

My wife received a 221(g) refusal of her K3 visa application about 2 weeks ago. It essentially means that a visa cannot be granted because the application is incomplete. The defect can be remedied, and the visa granted, by providing the missing information.

Your husband should send the consulate the information they specified on the 221(g) notice and, if the documents he supplies provides the information they want, they will approve his visa.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by TammyB
Hi All!

thank you for your sumbission of documents pertaning to your immigrant visa case (XXXXXXXXX). at the present time, you are ineligible to receive a visa under section 221(g)of the immigration & nationalty act. to overcome this ineligibility , please send us the following documents.
#- A LIST OF PLACES THAT THE PETITIONER HAS LIVED SINCE 2000, WIT ADDRESS TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND DATES (no problem)
#- "
#-"
when we receive the above - mentioned document(s), we will continue to process your case. please submit the document(s) via TNT, and please include a copy of this letter when you submit them.
please also note that starting May1, 2004 we will need to have copies in our file of the 2003 fedral tax return for all sponsors and join sponsors who file 1-864s ( affidavit of support) before we issue any visa, even if the 1-864s was filed before april 15,2004.
also , beginning may 18 may or so, we will issuing immigrant and diversity visas directly onto your passports , so please send your passports in as well if you are sending in douments after May 5

Can any one please tell me what the section 221(g) of the immigration & nationalty act. is??? It was my understanding that my papers were complete but after 3 months now they are saying they need other information!! Is this normal? or should I panic now??

Thanks
Tammy
Old Apr 21st 2004, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Basically just give them what they need to finish up the process and they will continue to proceed with our case.

They asked him to send his pass port too its strange because we were under the impression that they will conduct a separate interview for him, as I have had my interview and they did brief interview with him as well, but we were told that after completion of our papers he would receive a seprate interview, I assumed our papers to be complete until now.
They haven't even asked for evidence of relationship yet. I assume they will do that on his interview.

I guess I can accept this as good news at least we know our case is not sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

Thanks for all responses, I dont feel quite as freaked out now.

Tammy

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Tammy,

My wife received a 221(g) refusal of her K3 visa application about 2 weeks ago. It essentially means that a visa cannot be granted because the application is incomplete. The defect can be remedied, and the visa granted, by providing the missing information.

Your husband should send the consulate the information they specified on the 221(g) notice and, if the documents he supplies provides the information they want, they will approve his visa.

Regards, JEff
Old Apr 21st 2004, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All!

#- "
#-"

Thanks
Tammy
Hi:

221(g) is a generic "we're not ready to issue" and "we have issues" -- it is what I call a "soft" denial as oppossed to a "hard" denial of under "212(a)" of the Act.

They told you what they want -- give it to them.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Ouch!! Hard truth, no candy coat here!! but point well taken. this is only a temporary denial correct? We can fix this by providing exactly what they want correct? I want to stay as far away as I can from that 212 (a) The Act "Hard Denial."

Thanks for your reply

Tammy

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

221(g) is a generic "we're not ready to issue" and "we have issues" -- it is what I call a "soft" denial as oppossed to a "hard" denial of under "212(a)" of the Act.

Old Apr 21st 2004, 9:08 am
Mrtravelkay

Folinskyinla wrote:
    > Originally posted by TammyB
    >
    >
    > Hi:
    >
    > 221(g) is a generic "we're not ready to issue" and
    > "we have issues" -- it is what I call a "soft" denial as oppossed to a
    > "hard" denial of under "212(a)" of the Act.
    >
    > They told you what they
    > want -- give it to them.
    >
    >

I am not clear on one thing.
DO they want the immigrants addresses?
They said "petitioner".

It doesn't seem like they would care much about the USC's addresses, but
I thought the USC was the I-130 petitioner and the immigrant was the
visa applicant.

The addresses should have already been on the G-325A, right?

Old Apr 21st 2004, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Correct!! I am the patitoner, my husband is alien spouse & it really seems irrelevant to me because I know I put my previous addresses on support forms. We will give them what they ask for and go from there. All we can really do at this point but I feel a investigation coming on, on there end.

it's a bit frustrating and very confussing!!

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
Folinskyinla wrote:
    > Originally posted by TammyB
    >
    >
    > Hi:
    >
    > 221(g) is a generic "we're not ready to issue" and
    > "we have issues" -- it is what I call a "soft" denial as oppossed to a
    > "hard" denial of under "212(a)" of the Act.
    >
    > They told you what they
    > want -- give it to them.
    >
    >

I am not clear on one thing.
DO they want the immigrants addresses?
They said "petitioner".

It doesn't seem like they would care much about the USC's addresses, but
I thought the USC was the I-130 petitioner and the immigrant was the
visa applicant.

The addresses should have already been on the G-325A, right?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah turns out that it is my husbands previous address is what they need. I know this information was on the original petition, because I wrote it myself but I am sending again & both of our previous addresses just incase <wink wink>

The wording on the letter my husband received was not clear, Its almost like a child wrote requests, I had to read it over and over to understand what the heck they wanted, heck I was like a child reading it, trying to understand. and when you try to call those people they dont know anything.

I will give them what they need and then some & hope for the best.

Thank you,
Tammy

Correct!! I am the patitoner, my husband is alien spouse & it really seems irrelevant to me because I know I put my previous addresses on support forms. We will give them what they ask for and go from there. All we can really do at this point but I feel a investigation coming on, on there end.

it's a bit frustrating and very confussing!!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Hello:

Is 221(g) denial the same as a RFE? Does this mean there are some problems or that there will be delay in processing of our case?

Hi:

Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello:

Is 221(g) denial the same as a RFE? Does this mean there are some problems or that there will be delay in processing of our case?
Hi:

"RFE" is a CIS term under the CIS regulations found in part 103 of 8 CFR. "RFE" stands for "request for evidence."

The State Department regulations have no exact counterpart to the RFE. However, when the Consul is unable to grant an application, they statisticaly treat it as a "refusal" and 221(g) is used when what they really want is more information. Although it counts as a "refusal" it is a what I call a "soft" refusal. They will often ask for more information and will then "reconsider" the application without further application fee or new DS-156.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Omg! at first I didnt think it was that bad we have already submitted what they asked for, but now im starting to get worried! so they want more information because the suspect something is wrong in our case??

Hi:

"RFE" is a CIS term under the CIS regulations found in part 103 of 8 CFR. "RFE" stands for "request for evidence."

The State Department regulations have no exact counterpart to the RFE. However, when the Consul is unable to grant an application, they statisticaly treat it as a "refusal" and 221(g) is used when what they really want is more information. Although it counts as a "refusal" it is a what I call a "soft" refusal. They will often ask for more information and will then "reconsider" the application without further application fee or new DS-156.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:39 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Omg! at first I didnt think it was that bad we have already submitted what they asked for, but now im starting to get worried! so they want more information because the suspect something is wrong in our case??

Hey Tammy!!

It is ok to worry but don't worry too much!, Just send them what they want and they will issue your husband the visa
It is not the first time an embassy asks for the same information one already submited, Good Luck!!
Keep us updated!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Thanks for you replies Folinskyina its much appreciated!

Thanks too Hypert,

I am just getting a little frusterated is all the waiting & not knowing is the hardest part, throw that in with missing my husband is border line insanity! & then trying to understand what is going on with embassy because they dont tell you anything.
I read as much as I can about different cases from different forums but every case is different, truth is when it comes to this immigration stuff, Im at a lost....

I wish they give my husband his visa but I think he needs his interview first, I know they will want the money for his interview and they will need to see the evidence of our relationship they havent seen that either. We are still in adminstration processing "I think"

But thanks for all replies!!

Tammy

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Tammy!!

It is ok to worry but don't worry too much!, Just send them what they want and they will issue your husband the visa
It is not the first time an embassy asks for the same information one already submited, Good Luck!!
Keep us updated!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.