Wikiposts

Secondary at JFK

Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:38 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secondary at JFK

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Basically I was wondering when he goes through immigration does he just say he's here on a k1 visa to get married? Then do they take you into a seperate room and question you? I was wondering what sort of questions they ask.Also do they put the EAD stamp when he goes through regular immigration or at secondary and does he need to ask for it and who he asks for it. Does he get his luggage after he hands in his sealed envelope? Does he exit through the same area that visitors eit through so I know where to meet him? My favorite peanut butter is JIF by the way. Excellent with nutella!
Secondary usually has a counter and the rooms. Good boys who are merely victims of circumstance get to do their stuff across the counter, and only bad or potentially bad boys go to the rooms.

Customs (and luggage pickup) is after immigration.

He'll exit in the regular place.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Basically I was wondering when he goes through immigration does he just say he's here on a k1 visa to get married? Then do they take you into a seperate room and question you? I was wondering what sort of questions they ask.Also do they put the EAD stamp when he goes through regular immigration or at secondary and does he need to ask for it and who he asks for it. Does he get his luggage after he hands in his sealed envelope? Does he exit through the same area that visitors eit through so I know where to meet him? My favorite peanut butter is JIF by the way. Excellent with nutella!
Yes he tells them he has the K-1. They probably won't question him at all. They have been automatically just giving the EAD stamp, but he should check and make sure he got it - and ask nicely for it if not.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering when he goes through immigration does he just say he's here on a k1 visa to get married?
Yes, that's exactly what he does.

Then do they take you into a seperate room and question you?
He may go to secondary, but they won't really question him about anything... by which I mean, they will not interrogate him (if that's what you're worried about).

Does he get his luggage after he hands in his sealed envelope?
Yes, he will go through immigration first, then get his luggage, then go through customs.

Does he exit through the same area that visitors eit through so I know where to meet him?
Yes... I believe there's only one exit!

Ian
Old Sep 6th 2008, 5:14 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again everyone
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:17 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My fiance is here! They asked him about his K1 visa in Edinburgh and kept calling it a K9.They were pretty unfamiliar with it. He said he was going to the states to get married and was asked about his roundtrip ticket. He said he would go home to visit and then return which is not un true. They were very nice to him at JFK. He was taken to a small office for about 10 minutes where the went through his paperwork. He asked about the EAD and the man laughed and said good thinking it was already put in his passport and asked if he would like to apply for a job at the airprt and would he like an application!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:24 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

He said he would go home to visit and then return
Congrats that he's here! (I remember that feeling..... )

You know that he can leave the US anytime but getting back in at this stage without AP isn't going to happen, right?

~SecretGarden
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:32 pm

Thanks! I know the rules about leaving. The roundtrip is good for a year.. We are getting married in 3 weeks then we get to go through the fun of AOS!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:36 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! I know the rules about leaving. The roundtrip is good for a year.. We are getting married in 3 weeks then we get to go through the fun of AOS!
Excellent! And actually it's the "rules about getting back in" that are important......he can leave anytime he wants but the "getting back in" is the problem.

I just wanted to make sure you knew about that because your comment concerned me. But it looks like you know what comes next and are thinking ahead!

Happy Wedding and enjoy this time together.

~SecretGarden
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:43 pm

Thanks so much! He would never leave without the proper paperwork. Although he wasn't too fond of the NYC heat and humidity today! Thanks to everyone for their advice on this too! It really helps to hear others experiences ! As some of you know my attorney has not been much help and I've learned alot on here. I'm sure I'll be asking lot's of AOS questions and double checking her work!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:53 pm
The Missus

Thanks so much! He would never leave without the proper paperwork. Although he wasn't too fond of the NYC heat and humidity today! Thanks to everyone for their advice on this too! It really helps to hear others experiences ! As some of you know my attorney has not been much help and I've learned alot on here. I'm sure I'll be asking lot's of AOS questions and double checking her work!
You're welcome! I remember it being a concern in the back of my head before my husband got his AP---every day that went by I prayed that there wouldn't be any emergencies back home, and lucky for us, there weren't. He just became a citizen 12 days ago and got his US passport in the mail the other day, so no more worries!

A new marriage is stressful enough without the spectre of immigration; with every hurdle you jump, a little bit of that stress goes away. Just remember to take care of one another and enjoy your time.

~SG
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:07 pm

Congrats on your husbands citizenship! I hope a few years from now I can post that news as well!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Penuinbar! All the best. Now take a break from here and enjoy!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gstring
Great news Penuinbar! All the best. Now take a break from here and enjoy!
I second that
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:30 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I'll be asking lot's of AOS questions and double checking her work!
I'll repeat what I've said before... fire her. The added stress of having to check her work simply isn't worth the money you've paid. Cut your losses... remove her from the equation.

Ian